.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

@Vengeance

Saturday that error message for you would have come up, as that message was my former storage site that I had the files on, I stopped paying them start of last month, as they broke all my links and not just once,

but 3 freaking times in the time I was with them, so because I did not pay them and moved elseware, they basically "suspended" the account til I will pay them, well i told them earlier

today in email actually to close it as they had sent me an e-mail requesting payment.

Anyways Sat I updated all the links for the installation files, so my website which is the MissionRepository.com and basically the new official IF forums imo have the files linked.

Thanks for the pm, I will respond to you shortly.

@ProfTournesol

Thanks man, I try, i think i could do better in some areas but tbh when stupid shit prevents me from doing things I love, I speak out and i dont want to hear bs from other people

that dislike what i like, so in  away I have taken IF personally, prob not something one should do but since no one is willing, and or to lazy to then I will,

I need motivation myself with this sometimes, i do get bored too i am human.

Given that future support for IFA3 is looking a little uncertain at the moment, i have a query regarding the quite stunning terrains that come with Iron Front....I'm aware you have to have the original Iron Front game to benefit from these maps in Arma 3, but could they ever be released as standalone mods? Is it something the CUP team could look at? Or is simply to complicated given all the parties involved....

Seems such a waste that these beautiful maps are shut off to a large section of the community.

• Like 1

Anybody know how to fix the bug that causes IFA3 to freeze at the main loading screen before you get to the main menu?

Anybody know how to fix the bug that causes IFA3 to freeze at the main loading screen before you get to the main menu?

Could you elaborate before a solution is found.............maybe a mod conflict?

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7746638

@Evil organ

About the IF maps, look at it this way, if you wanted any content independent of a mod/game you would need to seek permission from the authors.

Good luck with that, you would need to contact DS, and Awar, and i dont think Awar cares, but DS would.

The other way around this would be to get the LITE version of the game which is free as anyone can download that, and separate the maps, you dont need

the game for the Lite version, however lite version is low quality.

IFA3 News

A few things for IFA3:

My IFA3 Installation tutorial has been updated ----> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/?p=2762915

there are some things with the installation i want to point out, those are the following:

Required files for IFA3

All the files you download that are linked in the tutorial are required for IFA3, all the files are also the latest version of IFA3 as the files

are from my computer, and are hosted on the MR.

Patches

The patches linked are probably not needed, but i will leave them linked there in case anyone does needs them.

Iron front Conversion Tool

The conversion tool has been found to not be working correctly, for some it may others it may not, Idk if it will work for you.

The conversion tool is needed to convert your vanilla Iron front to a mod so you can play IF in Arma3.

When the conversion tool is complete a mod titled @IF will be seen here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

which is your Arma3 directory if you have Win7 (idk what Win8 or Win10's directory address is but with steam it should be roughly the same).

Possible upcoming fixes, like a patch

I have some files that I am working on and currently testing that fixes various issues with IFA3, will post again with more info about whats fixed after more testing.

• Like 3

Whenever I try to deploy explosives (mines, satchel etc.), a bullet appears on the ground instead of the actual explosive model.

The explosive disappears during one instant from my inventory, but gets immediately back into it. 

I see no errors in the rpt. Is this a known issue? 

I followed this guide to install manually the mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/?p=2762915

What your reporting is this correct---> https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76195

Already known that mines and satchels when placed dont work, the mines wont show and your character goes through the motions/animations of placing them but nothing appears.

be sure to have sapper tools in your inventory to confirm that you are doing it correctly as mines and tripwires cannot be placed without the tools.

The guide is my tutorial to help the IF community get a simpler way to install IFA3.

Conversion Tool Failure

As already known and maybe news to some the conversion tool as stated in my previous post here is not working correctly, so this means when you get IF converted you will still see @IF and @Lib_DLC_1

in your Arma3 directory but, they will not be fully converted, you will discover this when you go to startup IFA3 and then get some errors stating this file needs this file,ect,.

Once you have replaced the file it asks another similar message asking the same thing will popup, then again repeat forever, so this means that your @IF and DLC were not converted,

I have a way around this which i cannot go public, if are having this issue please send me a pm and I will help you out, this is only temporary til the new tool that is being built

is finished and tested and proven to work without issues

Thank you, I must admit I didn't know I needed the saper tools ...sorry for that.

It is working, but I need to have the saper tools in my bag or uniform (it does not work when it is equipped).

I have no issue with the conversion tool on my end.

edit: also, when using WarMod IFA3, I noticed that the grenades are launched twice, when hitting G, which end up being quite dangerous ^^.

The working throw action seems to be bound to Ctrl+G instead.
Is it a known issue? 

It is working, but I need to have the saper tools in my bag or uniform (it does not work when it is equipped).

Ya that means its an IFA3 bug that has not been fixed by any patches, and currently there are no expected patches, I believe since we have not any word, and I have been annoying the remaining guys

for the past months about a patch, now I get no response from anyone even tho they are on.

Well I got news as I have something that will fix the mines and satchels I am still testing it among other things, and will post again about it when I have something for it.

I have no issue with the conversion tool on my end.

Excellent, and fortunate too, so this means other then mines and maybe some misc issues ingame IFA3 works np for you correct?

edit: also, when using WarMod IFA3, I noticed that the grenades are launched twice, when hitting G, which end up being quite dangerous ^^.

The working throw action seems to be bound to Ctrl+G instead.

Is it a known issue?

You are playing with my IFA3WarMod, thats just a conflict between two files really two features working against each other that do almost the same thing,

so you need to take one or the other file out, the file your specifically having issues with is this vz_a3_adjustableGrenades.pbo,

remove that and it will solve your issue.

Lastly I have some news on another project I was working on today i will post a link to the thread when the file gets done uploading ;)

this is something IFA3 does not have and will have now, so stay tuned!!!

Excellent, and fortunate too, so this means other then mines and maybe some misc issues ingame IFA3 works np for you correct?

It seems to work. Some errors, related to particles, were poping when I had the script error display activated. Also, we experienced a lot of rollbacks  in coop missions, on a rather strong dedicated server. We were only 2 players and the mission was pretty light in terms of AI, but I need to test it more, in case it was because of the server acting up. I just uploaded the converted files to the server instead of performing the conversion on it. Could it be a problem?

Another bug I noticed: sometimes, tank parts repair themselves after being damaged. In fact I suspect they do that all the time, except when the tank gets heavily damaged and burns. In battlefield it was a "feature", but I guess it is not intended here ;).

nice touch !

I just uploaded the converted files to the server instead of performing the conversion on it. Could it be a problem?

Nope, if all you play is coop then thats fine, either way to play IFA3 on a server the client (you) and anyone else needs IFA3 files on their own machine, but i think you know this.

tank parts repair themselves after being damaged.

Yup another IFA3 bug, that wasn't reported, but known about for a while, if you run into more bugs, review the feedback tracker here of what issues that were already reported

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/issues

You can report anything new that you found that isn't already on there and it will be good for a reference but getting any of these fixed probably wont happen, and i say that as the

devs for IFA3 more specifically KJu who is lead dev of the mod has moved on, there are a couple others that are active but are not working on IFA3 for the community here,

they are indeed working on stuff for their own group and theres new content, fixes, ect,. funny how they forget the rest of the community. <_<

Now if i knew how to code and script and fix those errors on that wiki IFA3 would have been purring months ago, so i do what i can and know how, i do however if you been following

the thread have some fixes I got my hands on, and will make a short list with download soon for them, these fixes fix a couple things in IFA3, for now all I can say til i finish my test on what I have.

lastly I am working on a coop version for my IFA3WarMod and will post a new thread for that when its in a good working order, will link it here when it is, all for now,

Any more questions, issues, ect,. ideas, then post again, i check frequently ;)

Ok, I will add the bugs I find in the feedback tracker. It is an amazing project and I wish I could help. But I have already a few addons of my own that need fixing, so I won't be able to touch anything else for a while...

IFA3 Conversion Tool News

Little news for you guys me and DeadTomGC (maker of the conversion tool) were working on the conversion tool yesterday/last night, discovered a few things some tools that are part of the

tool had to be updated as they were 2 yrs old, so we figured that was part of the culprit, so I did a test run, ran a new conversion to see if my IF and dlc would convert, and the tool failed

miserably, the mod folders were made but thats as far as it went, the @IF folder had all the files but was not being read by the game, the @LIB_DLC_1 was there but nothing in it,

so DeadTomGC is working on the conversion process itself, along with a new layout and design for a new IFA3 version of the tool.

We still are unsure as to what the exact issue is with the tool and why it is not converting properly so Tom is looking into that, hopefully

he gets it sorted and the community can get back to the game as well as new folks coming in.

IFA3 Fixes

I am Currently testing a file that will possibly fix an issue in IFA3 where we are unable to place mines (anti infantry/tank) as well as tripwires, and satchels,

i should have news for you guys on the status of this.

Other fixes i am still looking into.

IFA3 Mod news

I am currently building a coop version of my IFA3WarMod so it can be more functional and playable in coop,

i should have that done this week.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that when you place anti infantry/tank mines as well as satchels that they do not work in IFA3, meaning the mines do not show up and or leave your inventory?

Note that you need sapper tools in order to use them so they wont work anyways if you dont have those tools, I need someone else to confirm with vanilla IFA3 that

this dont work so im not wasting my time on this file im looking at.

On my end it works with vanilla IFA3 with the sapper tool equipped. In Warmod it works only if the sapper tools are present in the inventory  ( in a bag,uniform or vest emplacements), but not if it is equipped (the default position is the googles position).

edit: I use your @IFA3FIX

Ok good, anyone else want to confirm?

The @IFA3Fix makes IFA3 work with latest version of Arma3, all it does.

For some reason IFA3SA, IFA3m, IFA3, etc. downloads fail midway through the download process. I have tried downloading it on a different web browser to no success.

EDIT: It seems the download immediately jumps to completion, but it appears to be missing a lot of content that should be in the download.

Yes already known, all files are from my host, Dirty Haz has offered to host all files for the MR which means the IFA3 files as well, currently there is an issue with the storage

for large files where as you said the download times out.

We are looking into the matter, in the meantime you can get all require files for IFA3 from my mega account, I had updated my tutorial so all links for the IFA3 files are from mega,

all the patches which are there are still on the current host but they are not needed.

Sorry about this issue I did not discover this issue til someone had told me about it when I was helping them with IFA3 installation.

Thanks for reporting, any other issues please let me know.

Download IFA3 Files here:

• @CBA_A3---------->  @CBA_A3 (716kb)
  • @LIB_DLC_1_lite-----> @LIB_DLC_1_lite (169.5mb) (optional - this is not required if you have full version of DLC)
  • @IFA3SA -------> @IFA3SA (2.7gb)
  • @IFA3M------> @IFA3M (516mb)
  • @IFA3------> @IFA3 (32.6mb)
  • @IFA3Fix-----> @IFA3Fix (340mb)

I followed it right ... even using @ IFA3SA orAllinArmASandAllone, the game opens without error but stops running ... someone even having trouble .. already redid everything and nothing so far

You only need these files for IFA3, and in this order when you launch it:

• @CBA_A3
  • @LIB_DLC_1 - (optional)
  • @IF ----- (created when you use the conversion tool, the DLC is also converted at same time)
  • @IFA3SA
  • @IFA3M
  • @IFA3
  • @IFA3Fix

Please provide more detail as to what actually happens.

You only need these files for IFA3, and in this order when you launch it:

• @CBA_A3
  • @LIB_DLC_1 - (optional)
  • @IF ----- (created when you use the conversion tool, the DLC is also converted at same time)
  • @IFA3SA
  • @IFA3M
  • @IFA3
  • @IFA3Fix

Please provide more detail as to what actually happens.

the one who have not realized that this is @ IFA3Fix ... because already tried to get in with both ... @ IFA3SA orallinarmastandalone, everything was done correctly, with converter and etc.

IFA3 News

Hello Iron front community!

Gunter here to give you some exciting news, after months of questions, and basically nonstop pestering if you will i finally got some news and info, basically a response, heres whats going on.

As some of you and many others may not know Kju is no longer, and anyone else for that matter working on IFA3 in terms of patches and fixes, however as sad as that sounds,

i was told that Kju, Shvetz, and some of the others that were working on IFA3 some have left, or moved on, others have no time.

Last patch!

However I got word yesterday, and confirmed today that there was a final patch that was not released, it fixes quite a number of things, as well as adds some new things.

How i came apon this information?

I been chatting with Jegor on Skype who is/was one of the former devs of IFA3, he recently had a short chat with Kju who stated that on their ftp they have the latest files that they were working on.

Kju basically says its free to be released, so I have received from Jegor an rar file of about 377mb, I was told to wait to release it until Kju searches his hard drives for a more packed patch.

I'm thinking an "official" exe version like we have had before like the previous released patches.

So for now we must wait til next week until I get word from Jegor, could be sooner idk, but until i get word that he got something from Kju that he found his file for the patch or its ok to release what I have.

I'm sure you guys would like to know what the patch has, so I been given a changelog, here it is below:

IFA3 last patch Changelog

Author Lennard

•  Added Implemented bipods, new recoil and particle effects to infantry weapons.
  •  Added Geometry Physx to planes + made them ready for A3.incomplete and verify if working
  •  Added correct GunParticles effects for most infantry weapons (thanks to RobertHammer).
  •  
  •  Changed Improved particle and cartridge effects for most infantry weapons.
  •  
  •  Added Mosin Nagant M38 and M44.
  •  Added m44 bayonet as muzzle attachment.
  •  Added new camo soldier (with high boots) (LIB_ger_infantrysoldier_camo2.p3d).
  •  Added helmet with net.
  •  Added TOP proxy for SVT40 PU sight.
  •  Added German Ammo box.
  •  Added front sight hood to match sign Brno 40 (1943 k98k model).
  •  
  •  Changed Modified LIB_Colt_M1911 and lib_M38 memory point for empty shell casing particles.
  •  Changed Minor changes to lib_mp40, lib_ppsh41_d, lib_ppsh41_m memory points.
  •  Changed Moved several weapons' memory points usti hlavne.
  •  Changed Moved lib_mg42 Zasleh memory point.
  •  
  •  Fixed Corrected lib_M1903A4 and lib_m1_garand edge shading on stock in model.
  •  Fixed Corrected typo in hiddenselections for m3 scout car.
  •  Fixed errors in lib_k98 model.

Tanks_A3

•  Added hiddenselections camo_1, camo_2, camo_3 (LIB_JS2_43.p3d, LIB_PzKpfwIV_H.p3d, LIB_PzKpfwV.p3d, LIB_SU85.p3d, LIB_StuG_III_G.p3d, LIB_T34_85.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (LIB_T34_76.p3d).

Wheeled A3

•  Added hiddenselections camo_1, camo_2, camo_3, camo_4 where missing (lib_opel_ambulance.p3d, lib_opel_parm.p3d, lib_opel_tankwagen.p3d, lib_opelblitz_tent.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselections Camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_sdkfz251.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_kfz1.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselection Camo_1 (lib_willys.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_scout_m3.p3d).

Infantry

•  Added hiddenselection Camo (LIB_ger_infantrysoldier2.p3d)
  •  Added hiddenselection Camo (LIB_sov_characterssniper.p3d).
  •  Added hiddenselection camo (LIB_ger_infantrya-frame.p3d)
  •  Added hiddenselections camo and camoB (LIB_ger_infantryinf_sniper_belt.p3d, LIB_ger_infantryinf_vest_G43.p3d, LIB_ger_infantryinf_vest_kar98.p3d, LIB_ger_infantrysoldier.p3d).

Buildings

•  Added hiddenselection camo (Zeltbahn.p3d).

Author shvetz

•  Added inertia for infantry weapons.
  •  Added some backpacks.which
  •  Added muzzle proxy for Mosin rifle, Mosin PU.
  •  
  •  Changed Fixed recoil and tweaked dispersion, damage, mass, typicalSpeed of infantry weapons.
  •  Changed durabilityarmor of infantry units (class hitpoints).
  •  Changed flares are now visible during the day.
  •  Changed accuracy of the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.
  •  Changed reloadtime MP40 - 500 rounds per minute.
  •  Changed modified class lib_w to class items for the correct operation mines.
  •  Changed added sapper tools to ammo boxes.
  •  Changed added tools to scout's equipment.
  •  Changed added tools (lib_w) for sappers.
  •  Changed changes in sound effects.
  •  Changed correcting volume of vests.
  •  Changed small changes to vests, backpacks, mines of US side.
  •  Changed little changed quantity of ammunition in backpacks.
  •  Changed most of the mass change for ammunition, IDSGER mines.
  •  Changed small correction model to lib_tt33.
  •  
  •  Fixed simulation non IF grenades.
  •  Fixed slowing the game in the explosion of grenade shells (FPS drop in MP).
  •  Fixed vestsbackpacks for some WehrmachtSS and Red Army units.
  •  Fixed precision of mortar.
  •  Fixed a bug in the class M1 Garandsingle.
  •  Fixed corrected script (grenades, mines).
  •  Fixed minor changes in the script grenades, mines.
  •  Fixed lib_m1895 reload animation.
  •  Fixed lib_m1895 reloading animation.

===============

As you can see guys, there is a great deal of changes in this patch, there are some things however that I dont see fixed, such as the tanks repairing themselves.

I hope at least this will make the community happier about where IFA3 is at now, until i get word now which i will keep you guys posted, we can expect I'd assume from what I been told

that next week will be the release of the patch, so sit tight and lets hope Kju finds his file, if not then at least I will have the file uploaded for you all.

All for now!

• Like 4

@Gunter........Your perseverance and dogged-determination in this matter is more than admirable.  :notworthy:

• Like 1