.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Update

Updated the Installation tutorial here and created a new one on IF Fan forums, see here for details:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7751413

Also added a short version after it.

Anything else I can add, adjust, please let me know, im trying to make the installation for IFA3 as simple and easy as possible.

No its not a patch, its just a fix, and my partner and I got the fix from Shvetz and his WOG group, and adjusted some things with it as before Shvetz

gave me a fix for the issue and we tested it and it wouldn't work.

Fix only updates 3 files and allows IFA3 to run with latest version of Arma3 all it does.

As for recoil and many other things, as well as new weapons, and the grenade shrapnel is fixed in it ect,. see my IFA3WarMod Link in my sig, review the release thread for the features.

As for the patch overall it will be a large patch, but its not released yet, no word from Kju yet on it, idk whats taking so long, its been said

about 3 weeks ago it will be released in some weeks so i guess we wait and see.

@Gunter

First i want to thank you for continueing mainting this mod. I encountered a problem with the latest IFA3_FIX. I followed your installation guide.

I´m running the mods in the correct order, versions are up to date and i´m not starting any other mods.

So Problems are:

-Sounds of some automatic weapons fail( e.g. MG42), only the first shot is audioable

- all weapons still have no recoil

Am i doing something wrong?

Hi kickapoo0, thanks.

Yes the issue is because IFA3 needs to be patched, we are waiting for the latest patch to release which will fix such issues you pointed out.

In the meantime my mod (IFA3WarMod) linked in my sig, fixes those issues as well as add a ton more features including new weapons.

Hi Gunter, once all requirements are met (downloads,patches etc), can one use the official Arma 3 Steam Launcher to launch IFA3?

Apologies if this has been covered already.

Hi Gunter, once all requirements are met (downloads,patches etc), can one use the official Arma 3 Steam Launcher to launch IFA3?

Apologies if this has been covered already.

That's how I launch it, in the following order:

CBA, Lib DLC1, IF,IFA3SA,IFA3m,IFA3,IFA3Fix,IFA3WarMod,GeistTextures,

• Like 1

Thanks jeza...and believe it or not it was your recent Attack on Colville video that aroused my interest to re-visit this wonderful project.  ;)

• Like 1

Can someone confirm, in order to play IFA3 in it's current state, does Arma 3 have to be rolled back to 1.48 legacy branch? :386:

Thanks in advance.

Can someone confirm, in order to play IFA3 in it's current state, does Arma 3 have to be rolled back to 1.48 legacy branch? :386:

Thanks in advance.

Hi...

Nope - just got it working last night on 1.52... In the detailed instructions there is a patch to update it - granted this isn't the easiest package to setup but from what I've seen - well worth the effort... You need to follow Gunter's procedure - the one with the screenshots of the conversion tool... It works... Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Scotty.  ;)

believe it or not it was your recent Attack on Colville video that aroused my interest to re-visit this wonderful project.

That mission he is playing is my test mission that came with my IFA3WarMod, heres a version i recorded when the mod was still WIP.

Can someone confirm, in order to play IFA3 in it's current state, does Arma 3 have to be rolled back to 1.48 legacy branch?

As Scott said no you dont need to anymore, there is a fix that allows you to paly with latest version of arma3,

see link Jeza posted to my installation tutorial, it has everything required for IFA3.

Hi Gunter,

Yeah - while I realize the Iron Front for A3 is a layered mod with many contributors - Holy Smokes - the final result is a work of art... I'm using it with that "Real Light" mod (highly recommend) and very high video setting with max vegetation - it's beautiful and the scenery has a lot of pop... I can't believe the difference from Arma 2 - just wow... Thanks to everyone who made this possible... I've been noticing all the improvements your final WarMod made as well - superb addition - great new weapons - and - sounds... I've been having a blast... Much appreciated...

:)

Regards,
Scott

IFA3 Update

New Conversion Tool coming for the Arma3 version!
DeadtomGC a former member of IFR (Iron Front Revival) that brought you the conversion tool is updating the conversion tool for the IFA3 version, we are doing different layout,
better design, alot more simpler to understand and use, and hopefully we will update the code for the conversion process so that
it will do what its supposed to do without issues, will keep you guys posted on how we are doing on it.

Right now we are finding with the number of questions and reports I have been getting that the conversion tool seems to be either broke,

or bugged, as something has been updated that prevents the tool from fully converting Iron front to a mod.

If anyone is having issues with running the conversion tool and getting a this file requires this file type of error when

you start the game with IFA3, please send me a pm directly.

• Like 2

Hi Gunter,

Just for the record - I only bought Iron Front from Steam last week - I'm running Windows 10 and the conversion tool worked fine... I think what might discourage many from trying this fantastic mod is the relatively large number of individual downloads and files that need to be installed to get it working... 

Just a question - some of the vehicles can be controlled via "analog" (joystick) input for steering and others can't... Is this still a work in progress or is this something that isn't planned for change... A good example is the US Willies Jeep - there are two entries for it - one takes the analog input - the other does not...

If it's a simple task - would you share how disable the improved accuracy of the guns in the WarMod - I do kind of like how running around decreases accuracy in vanilla Arma 3 and would just like to try it...

Is there any plan to make the mod Alive compatible ??? I think we would need the class names defined for various groups and eventually the maps would need to be indexed as well...

Thanks again...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, To answer your questions:

I think what might discourage many from trying this fantastic mod is the relatively large number of individual downloads and files that need to be installed to get it working...

You dont say, lol but of course but thats out of my hands, Kju would have to do a rebuild of the mod, and that wont happen, only thing we can do redesign the conversion tool which we are doing.

I'm always trying to find better ways to make the installation process easier, one of those ways was to relayout the installation guide, as idk about you guys

but i found it confusing and all over the place, and to technical without details.

Just a question - some of the vehicles can be controlled via "analog" (joystick) input for steering and others can't... Is this still a work in progress or is this something that isn't planned for change

Have no idea, probably not, as theres only one guy working on IFA3 and he has little time as it is, if anything report it here http://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/issues

If it's a simple task - would you share how disable the improved accuracy of the guns in the WarMod - I do kind of like how running around decreases accuracy in vanilla Arma 3 and would just like to try it...

In the future use the IFA3WarMod release thread either here on Bis forums or IF Fan forums which is linked in my sig for all mod related questions to the mod.

But to answer you, theres nothing to disable its a matter of tweaking, go here---> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vz_addons

then open this--> steadyShot_settings.hpp (open it with notepad).

From there look at these 2 lines at the top:

// Global multipliers
#define VZ_SWCRL_MAS_SWY 0.1    // Master sway
#define VZ_SWCRL_MAS_REC 0.2    // Master recoil

Change the 0.1 and the 0.2 to higher numbers, the lower the number the less sway and recoil, set to 0 (zero) and there is no sway or recoil.

So change the numbers to 0.5 and try that, if still not satisfied then increase it some more, know that you will need to restart the game every you change it.

Overall the file for that feature is--> vz_a3_steadyShot.pbo this is located here---> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@IFA3WarMod\addons

Is there any plan to make the mod Alive compatible ???

No, i never play with Alive plus others have already used it with Alive, suggest looking into it and ask the ALive guys about it.

also its more the other way around, their mod/mission to work with IFA3 so they need to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure this mod is alive compatible. At least I think on the Alive wiki the fractions and terrains are listed as compatible. I myself sadly dont own IF, so I cant test...but I will in the future!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure this mod is alive compatible. At least I think on the Alive wiki the fractions and terrains are listed as compatible. I myself sadly dont own IF, so I cant test...but I will in the future!

Hi...

Thanks - you're right - the classes are listed in the Alive wiki... I'll have to see if any of the maps are indexed - if not - you can probably use the custom goals function to drive combat in the map...

I'll play around with this....

I found a related video:

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for all the info as well - I don't get as much time to mess with this as I'd like - but - I'll see what I can do with your suggestions... Appreciate the help...

Regards,

Scott

Lol ..................no.

Trust me I been annoying the IFA3 guys and I dont even get a response, theres only one guy that works on it with little time, from what i understand there

is a patch and Kju is still helping, but then its been 5 months since anything has been said.

Any issues in particular you are having with IFA3 irishpikey?

• Like 1