.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

YAY!!! now IFA3 dont start nor my mod!

Yeah was just sticking on the loading screen for me.

I had to remove the ace3 pbo s and run ace separatly to get it to run.

How did you get it working with pws?

Just standard mod downloads not pws.

The Thompson smg has no sound though.

Normal iron front just works as standard (with current bugs obv).

when i launch ARMA with iron front through PWS the game sticks on the arma 3 logo. this never has happened to me before i have ironfront installed on steam I've installed the mod 3 times to see if anything went wrong with the installation and the patching and got no errors. this also happens when i launch AiA without the ironfront mod i really need some help with this.

when i launch ARMA with iron front through PWS the game sticks on the arma 3 logo. this never has happened to me before i have ironfront installed on steam I've installed the mod 3 times to see if anything went wrong with the installation and the patching and got no errors. this also happens when i launch AiA without the ironfront mod i really need some help with this.

The newest Arma 3 update broke some stuff. If you don't want to wait for a fix but still want to play you need to revert from ver1.50 back to 1.48 by following these steps:

First right click on Arma 3 in your Steam library, go down to properties and click that.

A new window will open, on that window click the "BETAS" tab.

In the empty box type Arma3Legacy148 and then click check code.

The final step is to select the 1.48 legacy branch from the drop down menu above the box you entered the code in.

Steam should then start installing it. It's about an 850mb download.

irishpikey welcome to bis forums, but your issue isn't IF its Arma3, because the latest patch which released yesterday we are all having issues with mods, for me before the patch IFA3 would startup np,

same goes for my mod, now I get to the loading screen and thats it, so we will need to wait til BIS fixes the issue with the patch.

Edit.......

Apparently we can roll back to the previous version of the game using whats called the Legacy branch and heres how you do it:

1. First right click on Arma 3 in your Steam library,
  2. Go down to properties and click that.
  3. A new window will open, on that window click the "BETAS" tab.
  4. In the empty box type: Arma3Legacy148 and then click check code.
  5. The final step is to select the 1.48 legacy branch from the drop down menu above the box you entered the code in.

Steam should then start installing it. It's about an 850mb download.

=========

The legacy branch is just the previous most recent significant main branch update. In this case Arma 3 is currently at ver. 1.50, opting into the legacy branch will

revert it back to 1.48. It comes in handy when BI breaks stuff with an update. It's essentially the opposite of the Development Branch,

Hi

I could use some help, I dont seem to get this mod work. I have original Iron Front Liberation installed, started and patched. It works fine. So does Arma 3.

I tried to install IFA with Play WithSix, got multiple errors telling when some patching started.

I tried every single IFA-version from Play Withsix, some versions wont start at all, some tell me that I need "somename".pbo, some version informed that I need cba 3.x. I thought that Play Withsix should install all that is needed? So, what I need to install? Howcome some version are about 40megs, and one is over 2 gigabytes?

You need CBA_A3 to run IFA3

your startup should be this for IFA3:

@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

my tutorial if you wanted to try the manual way to install:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/page-61?p=2762915

Hi, thanks for the tutorial. Any  idea how to fix this popup error during IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.12.exe ;

"Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file propably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file cannot find xdelta3.exe, phase 5"

When I press ok popup closes. Donwloading again doesn't help.

kalmisto Is your Iron front a digital download, steam bought, or is it on disc?

Also when you finished the conversion, did you start the game with IFA3 once with admin permissions?

kalmisto Is your Iron front a digital download, steam bought, or is it on disc?

Also when you finished the conversion, did you start the game with IFA3 once with admin permissions?

It is Steam bought adn Iron Front v1.05 & Version 1.65.

Should I run Arma after running Conversion Tool and after that continue step 3 of your tutorial?

Ok IF is good, before you patch you need to run the game once with admin permissions so a key can be established in your registry.

Thanks for the effort Gunter, I just finished re-installing both IF and Arma. Ran them both as administrator. ran the converter, it didn't work. "Conversion has exited improperly". and there is no @IF folder.

So, can anyone tell what is the right version to load from Play Withsix?

"Conversion has exited improperly". and there is no @IF folder.

kalmisto did you set the paths to the Arma3 directory or did you leave the directory set as Arma2?

As by default

on the Conversion tool on top right it asks for your Iron front Location, by default (for steam) that is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ironfront

leave this location as is

then the next box down is titled Arma2 Location by default for steam that is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

you need to change this to Arma3.

The next box below is titled Arma 2OA Location by default for steam that is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

you need to change this to Arma3.

Gunter what files do you need to run a multiplayer/coop server for IFA3?

Should be the same setup, remember the server is basically your game but on another computer.

==========

For those of you who have downloaded my IFA3WarMod, we will have a patch released for it on sunday, patch will be fairly big, it will fix many issues, and add alot of cool features,

quite a number of them we built, I say we has I have a partner who is a coder that has helped me sort out issues and fix misc things and add features.

See the linked release thread for details on the mod its pretty massive, it adds alot of new weapons, as well as many awesome, fun changes to the game,

any questions about the mod ask on the thread linked.

IF wont start after 1.50 patch. Any1 have same problem? Its just stuck on loading main menu.

//edit

Confirmed, i just tested it on 1.48 - Works fine.

IF wont start after 1.50 patch. Any1 have same problem? Its just stuck on loading main menu.

//edit

Confirmed, i just tested it on 1.48 - Works fine.

same problem

Yea but this not solving the problem. Its caused by base class changes in 1.50 probably so like u said in ur post, BI wont fix anything, its related to IF.

IFA3 isn't the only mod being effected by this, but for IFA3 I would assume that someone had reported the issue on the feedback tracker if not we should, but then it may

be up to Kju and IFA3 team to look into the issue and make IFA3 compatible with the latest patch, i will ask the guys on IFA3 team about what they think about it

and can do, for now we have previous version of 1.48 of Arma3 game to play with.

Heres my conversation with Shvetz who is one of the main modders on the IFA3 group, this is from Skype IF group chat.

Conversation is about fixing the current issue with the latest Arma3 v1.50 patch and a little about the patch we have been waiting for:

[4:55:39 PM] Gunter  Severloh: Hey Shvetz, question for you, is there any way you guys can look at the issue with the latest Arma3 v1.50 update and IFA3 not starting? currently with Arma3 v1.50 IFA3 gets to the

Arma3 logo and freezes making IFA3 not start, most of us have to roll back to 1.48 to just play IFA3, is this something IFA3 team can fix and make IFA3 work with the 1.50 patch of Arma3?
[5:06:07 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: Hi! I have our solution, now I'm trying to make change more acceptable to all members
[5:06:19 PM] Gunter  Severloh: ok
[5:06:51 PM] Gunter  Severloh: what exactly issue that makes IFA3 freeze?
[5:07:01 PM] Gunter  Severloh: classname change?
[5:12:16 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: Class hit point - its one of main problem
[5:12:29 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: For infantry
[5:12:33 PM] Gunter  Severloh: ok
[5:17:01 PM] Gunter  Severloh: when you guys fix the issue will the fix be in a patch that Kju has to put together or is it something you guys can just release like in a zip file?
[5:17:32 PM] Gunter  Severloh: also you have any word from Kju about the official patch for IFA3 I mean whats the hold up?
[5:19:52 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: I think we created it in zip (for test), and later put it in patch,
[5:25:58 PM] Gunter  Severloh: You know whats going on with the latest patch? Does Kju have to get approval from DeepSilver in order to release it?
[5:28:32 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: I know that: Kju collects fixes to release a patch for IFA3, soon he will release his
[5:29:07 PM] Gunter  Severloh: ok, so he dont need approval then?
[5:30:11 PM] Shvetz Shvetz: I do not know, I just send him some corrections)

About it, so now we wait news from them, if i find out anything else I'll post it.

Currently I have no issues running the IF official mod on the new arma patch. My only issues to date are....

1. No Thompson sound (working with @san6a3 sound mod tho)

2. No mg42 sound (working with @san6a3 sound mod tho)

3. No recoil (already known i think)

4. Some vehicles have a engine start up sound but no engine running sound.

5. In arsenal some of the US backpacks have wierd clipping issues and stretch out a meter from the character.

6. Static weapons spin in 3rd person (like a heli lol)

Hopefully theses issues are already known and being patched as I cant wait to storm Omaha beach!!!

Cheers