.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

i recently saw a few weapons in youtube videos ,MG34,Panzerfaust 30 , Ptrd41 , are these already in game or additional addons and where can i find them ?

Is it possible to make this mod into one click .exe setup for example like how breaking point did with their mod?

Hello there

Quick question.

I recently installed IFL with PWS due to an hdd failure, does it include the community patches? PWS displays it as 1.10 whereas we are on 1.13 I believe.

I have tried running them as per the wiki etc.

It's probably me being an old duffer.

I also get a messed up loading screen in A3 which shows elements of both the A3 and IFL front end if that helps you .

Rgds

LoK

when using PWS I get a messed up screen I feel your pain...

Edited by deVilspaWn

Nope the publisher disallows it (and BI cant find an agreement with them to have it re-released as DLC for A3 to make it simple again).

I find it hard to believe these people have anything else in mind other than money that they'ld rather not release anything than sharing profits...

Shame really. Lots of high quality assets in Iron Front but not worth the trouble for most users I guess...

;2959822']Nope the publisher disallows it (and BI cant find an agreement with them to have it re-released as DLC for A3 to make it simple again).

Shame :( in the end of the day it would dead in the water if it wasn't for you .kju. Is there anyway we can maybe start a petition and push for it? who do we need to contact?

As far as I can tell paid mods in whatever form, in case they ever come for A3, are the only realistic chance.

That said even then it will be difficult to get an agreement with all parties involved.

This is sad news indeed. Especially when you see the level of interest generated by the recent announcement of a tropical island. I would bet my right hand that more customers would be happy to pay for WW2 DLC than a Fijian DLC. Perhaps a petition is the right idea? Maybe it could provoke BIS into waking up their neighbours in Brno, Illusion Softworks, the developers behind the awesome WW2 franchise, Hidden & Dangerous.

i recently saw a few weapons in youtube videos ,MG34,Panzerfaust 30 , Ptrd41 , are these already in game or additional addons and where can i find them ?

No they are not ingame, which videos did you see can you link them?

Btw for the community here I am working on a WarMod version for IFA3, see the WIP thread on the IF Fan forums:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-announcement-wip-7475488?&trail=15

Those weapons you mentioned will be in my WarMod when I release it, I have a modder who has a few guys that he works with that have

given me permission to add these weapons in my mod.

I may have more weapons and an update to the MG42, currently the idea is to create a belt fed Mg42, and something else, not confirmed yet,

but watch my IFA3WarMod thread as I will post details and pics, I may put together a vid this week doing a demonstration of these weapons,

and some other stuff, just got to get something sorted with my fraps first.

Belt-Fed MG-42? That sounds good...

Maybe it could provoke BIS into waking up their neighbours in Brno, Illusion Softworks, the developers behind the awesome WW2 franchise, Hidden & Dangerous.

I was dreaming of this game no later than this afternoon. What a game, we really need H&D 3 :rolleyes:

No they are not ingame, which videos did you see can you link them?

Those weapons you mentioned will be in my WarMod when I release it, I have a modder who has a few guys that he works with that have

given me permission to add these weapons in my mod.

I may have more weapons and an update to the MG42, currently the idea is to create a belt fed Mg42, and something else, not confirmed yet,

but watch my IFA3WarMod thread as I will post details and pics, I may put together a vid this week doing a demonstration of these weapons,

and some other stuff, just got to get something sorted with my fraps first.

Nice to hear that there's work in progress here , very nice indeed .

Here are the links .

Mg34 and Panzerfaust 30 (Panzerfaust is in the crate at arround 0:16) :

RWh982-0PVY

Ptrd41 @ 0:45

yGDZ8gCA9ks

Edited by Gilb

The Mg34 and Panzerfaust 30 I believe are the Russian modders that is working with another modder I was referring to im my previous post, I have to confirm with him.

As for the 2nd vid, thats the modder I got permission with, thats his vid.

The sound change you hear in the 2nd vid is Santa Six's Sound mod for Arma3, you can get it on my website under addons and mods under the IFA3 menu (far right).

Love the mod and the original game, however is it possible to change the HUD elements back to A3 style? I mostly use the gear and vehicles in combination with other mods while running Whole Lotta Altis.

Hi Peeps

So i own ARMA3 on steam and thought wow this mod looks cool, so went ahead and purchased Iron Front on steam.

Started both of games as administrator, played each one for a few minutes. Then went and installed Play WithSix, i downloaded 2 mods:

Iron Front in Arma 3 - @IFA3

Full Conversion

v10.0

Community Base Addons - @CBA_A3

System

V.1.1.23.150604

So basically the converation ran and it took quite some time, downloaded all those community base addons etc, finally got to 100%.

I then hit Launch and came up with some error message about something being missing, then it launched Arma3 and told me lots of things were missing, i clicked clear all and then tried to continue. Looked at one of the single player missions and tried to launch it then everything would just freeze and i'd have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Is there anything i've done wrong that springs to mind?

Under Local in Play withSix i have 2 folders, Arma 3 Game Folder which has 8 files inside, and Arma 3 Mods which has 2 files inside.

Been dying to play this mod so would really appreciate any advice?

Oh i did notice one thing, when selecting which mods to download there was the one i downloaded (Iron Front in Arma 3 - @IFA3) which was around 35mb and another one with a very similar name but had the word standalone too i believe which was 15.5GB huge difference, did i download the correct one?

One last thing, i do own Arma2 and OA on steam but i don't have them installed, would it help if i installed them?

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Also can you play the standalone missions/campaigns with bots using this mod and secondly, does anyone still play the multiplayer maps for this mod? Hate to go through all the trouble of installing and then find out that nobody plays and you can't use the single player missions either.

Edited by seizetheday4eva

Hello KollynnBlackpaw, welcome to BIS forums!

For the HUD I believe the file is in @IF titled Lib_gui.pbo not 100% but that does have loading screens, and a bunch of other hud related

elements in it, but thats something I you need to have an addon for, Idk maybe Kju can better help you.

@ seizetheday4eva

You should have the following folders in your Arma3 directory after installation:

@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

When you start the game with IFA3 then this is the exact load order you should be using.

All these files are required, the @IFA3m you will get when you apply the first patch, but with PW6 that should be done already I believe.

I cant help you with PWS as I dont use it, I do everything manually, if your interested and or keep having troubles with PW6

then maybe you can try the manual method, here is a tutorial I put together a while back for IFA3:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

As for your other questions at the end yes you can play the campaigns and sp missions, I also have more missions on the MR (Mission Repository) Link in my sig.

As for playing mp see the list of servers, and groups here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=284524

Hope that helps.

Hi Günter Severloh, many thanks for your advice, got the mod working now, turns out i didn't install the correct one, after installing the 15gb one which took forever everything started up fine.

I do however get an annoying arma.exe - application error when on my desktop after exiting the game.

The instruction at 0x01a371eb referenced memory at 0x00000000.

The memory could not be written

Click on OK to terminate the programe

Any ideas why i get this, is it because of the mod, would be great if someone knows a fix for this?

Good to hear!

For the Arma3.exe issue I've seen that before but dont recall seeing it with the mod.

Do you get the same message or something similar with vanilla Arma3, or just with the mod?

Also

What are your computer specs, and mainly your ram, and Hd space?

Good to hear!

For the Arma3.exe issue I've seen that before but dont recall seeing it with the mod.

Do you get the same message or something similar with vanilla Arma3, or just with the mod?

Also

What are your computer specs, and mainly your ram, and Hd space?

That's a good question and one i was wondering myself on the way to work this morning, i'm going to run vanilla Arma3 this evening to see if i still get the message, if not then i guess it's to do with the mod.

My specs are

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150

Asus Z97 Deluxe Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Basic

Avexir Core White Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-17200C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit

Nvidia GTX 980

I got an issue that the weapons don't have any recoil, is there a newer version i need?

Avexir Core White Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-17200C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit

seizetheday4eva take out 1 8gb stick and see if you get that error you mentioned. Nice specs btw!

I got an issue that the weapons don't have any recoil, is there a newer version i need?

No, there are no patches atm that fix the issue, you can either wait for the official IFA3 patch which is currently being worked on,

or wait for my IFA3WarMod where I have it fixed in it, see my WIP thread here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-wip-7475488?trail=15

My mod might be releasing before the official patch, I'd say another week possibly? Idk atm to much to do yet.

I have a question: When you convert the files for A3, where do they go ? And is there a non lite version of the D Day DLC ? because it seems to be in low quality.

Only thing you are converting is your vanilla Iron Front to a mod, the rest of the files you need to download as they are needed in order to run.

Vanilla IF has .IFA file extensions, when you convert, this means that a copy of your vanilla IF is created, and formatted and will have .pbo extensions on them,

aside the addition of a compatibility file, basically a mod folder is created titled @IF and will be located in your Arma3 directory.

As for the non lite version, no, you need to buy the full version, and yes the lite version is low quality that was intentional, and i believe the only way to offer the DLC for free.

Here is a list of sellers for IF and DLC http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/where-to-buy-6264399?pid=1277354942#post1277354942

Suggest also googling, or using a search engine to locate a cheaper deal. Steam sells it for $25.

Thanks for the video Gunter! Those molotov cocktails look like fun. Are they effective against tanks?