.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Yes sir im trying to play domi in IFA3; and this domination cant be played in arma 3? Someone have another domi that works with iron front and arma 3?

This 'mod' is absolutely great. Great job with the icons for the gear, the reasonable inventory space and all the other Arma 3 features well incorporated.

I'm looking at changing some of the sounds though, namely weapon sounds. When I replace the .wss files that I want and launch the game, it renders the entire pbo missing, including the textures and other files within it. I've currently tried this with the LIB_US_Weapons.pbo. Any input would be appreciated.

Just to add on to what Panimala posted, I have been trying to create a cfgWeapons patch for the Garand, now I have done patches before but I may have got something wrong / have useless code in it:

class CfgPatches
{
class pani_sound
{
	units[]=
	{

};
	weapons[]=
	{
		"LIB_M1_Garand"
	};
	requiredVersion=0.1;
	requiredAddons[]=
	{
		"LIB_Weapons_A3",
		"LIB_US_Weapons",
		"LIB_core",
		"LIB_UI",
		"LIB_weapons",
		"lib_mines"
	};
	magazines[]=
	{

};
	ammo[]=
	{

};
};
};

class Mode_SemiAuto;
class Mode_Burst: Mode_SemiAuto
{
};
class Mode_FullAuto: Mode_SemiAuto
{
};
class cfgWeapons
{
class RifleCore;
class Rifle: RifleCore
{
};
class LIB_RIFLE: Rifle
{
};
class LIB_M1_Garand: LIB_RIFLE
{
	access=0;
	class Single: Mode_SemiAuto
	{
		begin1[]=
		{
			"sound_patch\sounds\M1Garand_shoot_1.wss",
		};
		soundBegin[]=
		{
			"begin1",
		};
	};

class Far: Single
	{
	};
	class Medium: Single
	{
	};
	class Short: Single
	{
	};
};
};

Thanks for any advice!

@ Panimala

1) You need to make a replacement mod - not change IF pbos.

2) Search for @San6A3 - both for a sound mod for IFA3 and to learn how its done.

@ ThatGuyHats

Check @IFA3\addons\AiA_Sounds_IF.pbo

You need to add this as dependency.

One short and simple question and forgive if its already asked but this topic is huge and I cant go trough it all.

Do I need to keep IF installed after I complete the conversion to mod or not? Reason for what I ask this is disk space. I need an upgrade I know but I'm currently short for it. I have both A2CO + all the DLC + tons of mods ACe and noACE, plus A3 and another ton of mods, and have converted IF in mod for A2 and A3 which requires additional bunch of mods to be used, so you got the point I guess.

Thanks in advance.

;2872745']You can remove it. Only if you break the conversion (ie wrong patches applied)' date=' you need it again.[/quote']
Thanks kju for the quick response. Its not a problem although conversion to mod is a process that needs a lot of time and patience.

What happens if a new community patch arises? Will @IF be updated itself or it needs the core game?

;2873040']@ _MaSSive

Updates are applied only on the existing modfolders.

Problem. After I removed Iront Front ( the game ) I played once' date=' and today after I tried, it wont start, stating [b']OA/Ironf Front not found?[/b]

2a1c0e38ecf609bd640577fd831b17b0.png

Haven't tried with other launchers, but PWS wont run it. Advise please.

Edit: Runs with BATCH script, possibly other launchers, not with PWS. Still the same issue. I guess this is PWS issue and not IF related.

Edited by _MaSSive

right

Great thanks, kju, it is now working perfectly.

could anyone assist in figuring out why a Red Army mortar will not fire on command?

Artillery1 doArtilleryFire  [(getMarkerPos "Camp"), getArtilleryAmmo [Artillery1] select 0, 10];
_isInRange = getMarkerPos "Camp" inRangeOfArtillery [[Artillery1], getArtilleryAmmo [Artillery1] select 0]; 
hint str _isInRange;

It is returning true and he turned to aim but never fires, any ideas? It works for various mod artillery and vanilla, enableEngineArtillery is true.

No entry C:/Users/Ortiz/Documents/Arma3/mpmissions/Domi271WEHR.Chernarus/description.ext/RscTitles/d_FramehandlerRsc/controlsBackground/dummy_map.colorTracks.

Well im searched users with this error and cant find a answer, any help or something?

Cheers

Hello, great mod, but, i have some bugs :

An error message when I launch the game in editor :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/08/1424184521-2015-02-17-00001.jpg

And my editor map which change of color :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/08/1424184527-2015-02-17-00003.jpg

I don't know if that come from me, but I report to help you.

Hello,

I am trying to create a A3IF server from gameservers.com and I have all the files uploaded to the ftp but im not quite sure how to get the server to launch the mod. I know I need to get it to launch with the -mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3 but am not sure exactly where to put it.

Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

@ laloelfather

You need to use the A3 version of domination, or fix the error in the mission or ignore it.

@ Drakedaeron

1) Its just a warning - ignore it.

2) IF is changing the look of the map view to make it more paper/WW2 like. Thats all.

@ Ninjor

You need to contact your server provide how you can adjust the startup script.

Thank You.

I have done this and I can edit my server command line in my member area config which reads

-profiles=C:\games\##_###_###_###_2302\#######\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=##.###.###.### -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304

-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

but when I update it and restart server I can no longer find the server so something is wrong. Im assuming i need to do some server.cfg editing? What can I use for a default mission to start? I tried MP_COOP_m05.Omaha_Beach_1944 but that had no effect.

Edit: Gameservers.com just told me this.

Unfortunately all attempts at installing this mod have failed. There are a few issues here:

- We cannot patch the game. This requires executable to be ran on your server and this is something we cannot do.

- We cannot run the conversion process. This also has to do with executable being ran on our servers. We also do not have a copy of the original game. I have attempted to run the lite version on our test servers but had similar problems.

I recommend checking out http://www.armaholic.com/ as most of those addons will run without issue. Please note that we cannot run Epoch mod as this requires an executable to be ran server side. We also do not fully support altis life (we cannot offer SQL support)

Edited by Ninjor

@ Ninjor

You need to use quotes to enclose the parameter when the path has spaces.

Lets read the docu in the wiki carefully: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki

Finally servers should use the LITE version.

There is no reason to install or patch the game on the server.

Hey guys... first off a small question:

I realized that with the IF mod for Arma 3, there comes the "old style" surrendering- module from Arma 2 CO.

Now I simply wanted to ask (cause testing this module is a pain in the a**), will this module also do it's job under arma 3 or is it actually useless?

Placing it in my mission worked out flawlessly, but as I said, I wasn't able to observe any unit actually surrendering... (but hey, even with the A2 module you had units surrendering in 1 out of 10 cases... :p)

And second... @ThatGuyHats:

It's really just a shot into darkness, but I guess your problem has to do something with the "Arma- artillery computer".

Of course, all of the base game units and some of the "modded- units do use it, but unfortunately the IF units do not...

So "doArtilleryFire" is not working for them...

I might be all wrong here as well :confused:.

But if I should be right, you either have the possibility to have ary shooting by much more scripting, or you could magically spawn ary- bombardement where and when you want it...

Let me know what you prefer... (and anybody who knows more, don't hesitate to correct me please)

Greetz.

If the IF AI cannot use the arty computer then making them fire via script commands probably will never work then, what a shame. I have my own scripts that spawn mortar rounds above an area but watching the BM13 fire is always good to hear and see.

@ThatGuyHats

Have you tried this?

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/katyusha-rockets-barrage-script-6259185?pid=1279358493#post1279358493

@kju

Will we still get the fixes in the issue tracker labeled next patch? I don't expect an answer. Thank you for all the hard work on IFA3 as well. I just read the retirement post.

Edited by Santa Six

@ Santa Six

The dev team is currently very busy with other obligations; yet IFA3 is still being developed by them.

I ran the process again after new HDD, but I keep getting the conversion option again, whenever I launch it starts the conversion again and again.

Any chance we'll see a standalone installation?

I'v tried heeps to get it to work but cant

A standalone I believe would be something BIS, X1, and Deepsilver would have to work out for Arma3, nothing the IFA3 team can do,

all they can do is patch and basically add anything new.

I have a tutorial if your having problems trying to get it to work:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

or follow the wiki:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_manual_install

What are you having trouble with? The conversion or issues with patching?

I own Arma 1 / 2 / 3 ...plus all add-ons, plus Iron Front...the whole shebang. All of them are installed via steam now.

Tried the PWS installation (@mods in the documents Arma 3 main Folder, converting automatically) or manual installation (@mods in the steam Arma 3 Folder, converting via IFArma converter).

I cannot apply any ARMA 3 community patches, neither automatically nor manually as described in the workaround. Of course all games are updated, but a message pops up, that the patch is not installed ... clicking "ok" ends the update before it started...wonkie.

No idea anymore what to do...and I tried probably every solution mentioned here...step-by-step...but without the patches I guess, I am SOL

@ToffelsKater: I have the same problem with @IFA3, @IFA3SA is installing, but that is basically it...

Review my previous post for my tutorial, or follow the manual wiki, Dont know whats going on with PWS but I did it manually and had no issues.

IFA3 and IFA3SA you dont need pw6 for, jsut download from the links and put the files in the folder yourself.