.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Is there a way to make this compatible with Blastcore?

Becuase some of the effects in this mod looks pretty bad, such as the muzzle flash/smoke out of tank guns, particularly at long range

Also I'm having trouble with IF44 Tank drivers

Even with and without AI mods, drivers just do not want to stay on the road properly regardless of awareness setting or anything like that, while with vanilla A3 vehicles, the ai drives completely fine

This is particularly noticeable on the IF44 maps (where sometimes the Ai just refuses to move at all), and on AIA maps such as Sahrani (while chernarus works fine at times unless theres a building next to the road)

Is this just an error with the installation or is this normal?

Also wheeled vehicles work fine

Edited by Araknid

From what I can see. IF armor isn't finely tuned yet. Their team is very small. It'll be a while till tanks are done.

@kju

The addons in @IF and @ifa3m are signed twice. One for 2014_09_29 and another for 2014_12_27.

Edited by Santa Six

The mod works great no errors. BUT...

i did some testing with tanks and AI and it was pretty shocking. i played 20vs20 start with pz4 vs t-34/76 6 matches on the salt lake in altis pz4 north t-34 south then side change and another 6 matches(pz4 south...)

Now after the clear 12-0 for t-34 i thought well it was a pretty good tank and might win against a pz4. So i tried panther...same result. now what ive noticed is the german tanks dont do much. They fire one or two shots and then turn around and sort of run away back to their original location just aiming at the t34s but not firing anymore. The t34 move and fire in a straight line they do rly well at all times. The only german tank that does ok in terms of movement was the Tiger1 tank. And even then it was sort of even(tiger vs t-34/76 EVEN)! Kingtiger turns, is semi active, gets destroyed(20vs20 t-34/76 wins vs kingtiger)! Now i had enough and spawned ArmaIII slammers(20)...guess which side won? haha right slammers started firing right from start and i thought here we go but they couldnt hit them very well for some reason and as soon as the t-34s came in range it was a slaughter fest again.

I tested it with AI module without AI module with diffrent waypoints(standart, combat, fire at will etc). The result was always the same german tanks or AI or both are complete useless. The reason for my testing was that of my 16x german tanks(pz4) in my mission 13 got destroyed by 4x T-34/76 yesterday.

As i said the mod is awesome but at the moment pretty pointless to play untill german AI / tanks are fixed. I bet its great fun in pvp tho. But yeah my missions are coop or AI based.

from .kju

IFA3

Unless BI, X1 and DS get their act together to make a DLC for A3 possible,

I will only be able to assist the IFA3 team by building the patches; other than

that they are on their own from now on

what the team is able to do and what not?

i like so much this mod, which is the future?

No need to worry. Thats all you need to know.

Hey has anyone made a Stuka Dive script with the jericho siren as it dives? Apart from 155 howitzer's landing close, the Stuka would make me run even harder.

Cheers Faulted :outtahere:

any other have the issue?WW2 Inf Units get a extra modern Arma 3 RGO Frag Grenade if AiA TP is in use. Throw ends in suicide :D

Very nice - much appreciated Cruoriss :)

I've looked quite a bit for a solution to my problem with the manual installation.

I get the "Iron Front 3 Patch for Arma is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted" error for the patch.

Now, I have my Steam folder on a secondary HDD on my computer.

Using the shortcut method doesn't work still because the wiki is not clear on what the "-incurrentfolder" parameter is.

Using "-incurrentfolder" after the target link doesn't work for me, as I get an error message.

To be blunt I have no idea what that parameter is supposed to go or how it even works.

The way I'm doing it is

>extract the patch exe to the main Arma 3 folder

>create a shortcut

I assume patching will fix all the weird interface issues I get in the main menu.

EDIT

I figured out what I did wrong.

Supposed to add a space between the file location in "..." and the parameter. Whoops! :butbut: Hate when I have moments like this....

Edited by supersparkvark

The patches on sixupdater or manuall dont seem to work, keep getting errors of it and tried everything i could find on internet including moving patch exe to game drive etc.

Basically what supersparkvark is having

Is this mod dead? There are no MP-Server online!

Review the servers here and groups, their there:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=284524

And does anybody know why i get this two error-messages?

Your first error message is telling you the script is missing, so it needs to be in the mission folder, or you need to look at the path you have set thats calling the script ingame.

@Diephuis

Make sure you meet the requirements for the mod, before you try to patch it does the mod work, do you have IFA3 and are you able to play it?

And what version is it currently if you are able to play?

The patches on sixupdater or manuall dont seem to work, keep getting errors of it and tried everything i could find on internet including moving patch exe to game drive etc.

Basically what supersparkvark is having

The patches were 404 for a short while due to restructuring of our mirrors and delay in PwS 1.66 release, but it's out and fixed now since a few days.

I have found a bug (lite version) for Arma3

In Zeus with the module supposed to load all available addons, the M1 Garand is missing. It can not be found in any ammo box menu or the arsenal. However it does exist and works in the game, because at least one engineer has it.

One short and simple question and forgive if its already asked but this topic is huge and I cant go trough it all.

Do I need to keep IF installed after I complete the conversion to mod or not? Reason for what I ask this is disk space. I need an upgrade I know but I'm currently short for it. I have both A2CO + all the DLC + tons of mods ACe and noACE, plus A3 and another ton of mods, and have converted IF in mod for A2 and A3 which requires additional bunch of mods to be used, so you got the point I guess.

Thanks in advance.

You can remove it. Only if you break the conversion (ie wrong patches applied), you need it again.

Thanks kju for the quick response. Its not a problem although conversion to mod is a process that needs a lot of time and patience.

What happens if a new community patch arises? Will @IF be updated itself or it needs the core game?

hello, can someone help me with a problem of domination?, im trying to play a domination and when Im preparing to play this error appears on screen

No entry C:/Users/Ortiz/Documents/Arma3/mpmissions/Domi271WEHR.Chernarus/description.ext/RscTitles/d_FramehandlerRsc/controlsBackground/dummy_map.colorTracks.

what i have to do?

@ _MaSSive

Updates are applied only on the existing modfolders.

hello, can someone help me with a problem of domination?, im trying to play a domination and when Im preparing to play this error appears on screen

No entry C:/Users/Ortiz/Documents/Arma3/mpmissions/Domi271WEHR.Chernarus/description.ext/RscTitles/d_FramehandlerRsc/controlsBackground/dummy_map.colorTracks.

what i have to do?

Can you still play the mission with that error popping up? If so don't worry about it. If you cannot play what platform are you playing it on, ifa2 or ifa3?

I believe you are playing with an older version of Dom converted before that last arma2co patch but I could be wrong.