.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

@ GottMitUns

Don't let Gunter confuse you.

Missions from Iron Front (.ifa) just have to be renamed to .pbo to work with IFA2/IFA3.

Generally IFSA/IFA2 missions work also in IFA3.

Thanks for the vote of confidence kju, and looking out for those who have been trying to support the IF community more then anyone along

side you, at least you can do is word what you say as to not make me out to be a blabbering idiot, I know wtf i said.

As he had asked from my understanding is that if IFA2 missions which would already be in pbo format, if they would work in Arma3 version of IF (IFA3),

and my answer as you had read it, no, because the classnames, and any assets for those missions have to be changed to be able to use Arma3 classnames,

assuming the classnames in IFA3 have changed since IFA2.

So my guess is in order to fix that, you would need to update those missions or the IFA3SA could work for that which I didn't mention which I wasn't sure on.

Ya dont let me confuse you, im just the forum idiot here, who dont know wtf hes talking about, i been in this series as long as Kju has, I may not be a genius like Kju,

but I do my part where I can with what i know how, and if it were not for IFA3SA which i didn't mention as I wasn't 100% sure, as i dont follow everything then

i would have said that IFA2 missions would possible and should work with IFA3.

Edited by Günter Severloh

@ Gunter

You are just wrong here. It is that simple. No hidden agenda or anything.

Guys, I really didn't intend to start any hot blood here... :)

Günter got me right, I already have missions in .pbo, as I created them using the Arma 2 version.

If I could play them in Arma 3 as well, that would absolutely make my day...

Can't wait to finally finish working and to start tha weekends. :bounce3:

Greetz and thanks.

Dear All,

I have liaised with, Sander, whom has made an original coop mission pack for IFL:44 and he has given me permission to convert these to IFA3.

I have made a start with the SP/Coop mission, IFA3 Co14 Automatic Drive, which I have released on my steam workshop. (See below)

Summary

The conversion to IFA3, included the following additions:

• I have put in new versions of the F3 mission framework;
  • Added in a IFA3 only limited Virtual Ammo System Box(VAS);
  • Added in a paradrop system for mission insert options;
  • Added CH View Distance Script by champ-1;
  • Increased performance significantly by implementing ZBE_Cache AI & Vehicle caching by zorrobyte;
  • In the mission startup parameters the mission admin can choose from 3 different medical systems and 3 different radio TS3 plugin systems:

Medical System options include:

BIS default; F3 simple wounding; AGM medical system

Radio options include:

Default BIS; TFAR; ACRE; ACRE2

Mission admin, can from the briefing screen, choose a range of Zeus options if needed. This utilses the F3 Zeus Support component which is a collection of functions that make it easier for advanced users to designate themselves, or any player, as curator ("Zeus") using the debug console.

Download

I am happy for these following mission links and the mission downloads to be held on other websites.

If you wish to download this mission please see details below:

Chief's SP/MP Coop Server Friendly Missions on Steamworkshop

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007165943/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

IFA3 Co14 Automatic Drive

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367282693

I will continue to convert more of Sander's IFL44 mission pack over the coming months.

Hope you like it and please enjoy.

Happy new year

Chief

Better late than never..

2014-12-28 News update

### v1.13 community patch and v1.08 community DLC patch are available ###

Thanks to Prarock mines should work for the most part in IFA3 now (and sadly broken in IFA2 - will be fixed soon).

As always Shvetz was very hard at work to improve many aspects of the game.

Finally AI voices should work fine in both IFA2 and IFA3. :bounce3:

There are also heaps of other smaller improves and fixes. :)

For Arma 3:

Don't forget to update to the most recent @IFA3 (2014-12-27) as well available in the files section.

---

Feedback on AI voices needed:

AWAR made side channel conversations work like direct chat, aka only in 3d space based on distance - if unit have no radio (default for most IF units).

However the voices are quite low volume for me even when very close to units and it falls off quite a bit.

Should we remove the 3d/direct chat simulation?

(bumping up the volume is not doable AFAIK)

Hello, I've noticed when wearing any uniform EXCEPT for the "Gefreiter with Rolled Up Sleeves," all Pistols will have misaligned ironsights. I find it unusual that the one single uniform works properly with them. Was this an install problem I had (I installed via Play with Six) or is this a known bug?

@ GottMitUns

No idea what you are referring to (except from the official IF wiki being offline).

Hello, I've noticed when wearing any uniform EXCEPT for the "Gefreiter with Rolled Up Sleeves," all Pistols will have misaligned ironsights. I find it unusual that the one single uniform works properly with them. Was this an install problem I had (I installed via Play with Six) or is this a known bug?

I already reported this issue here https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75883

I wasn't able to download the last community- patch file (1.08)...

Now I'am...

Just blame it on my own incompetence maybe? ;)...

Greetz...

I already reported this issue here https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75883

Thanks; wasn't sure about if it was reported yet. Wish I could help but I'm mostly a config editor not a modeller; and a quick overview of all the configs showed nothing obvious to me as to the cause. For some reason the "one" uniform works, but it seems to be related to the rig and not the script.

the chief i put the wiki on the IF Fan Forums, its listed under the title IRONFRONT Wiki idk if that helps you for what your looking for.

hey guys, i have a question. Idk, if this has been answered somewhere in the previous 130 pages, and I didn't want to have to read through all of it, so please don't get angy. I installed IFA3 using PlayWithSix and its automatic install. It downloaded, converted and did its thing. The mod runs perfectly when I launch it using PlayWithSix. However, I don't like having to have a completely separate program open in order to launch it, (it bugs me somewhat that I have to have steam open anyways), so I launched A3 and tried adding the folders using in-game mod/expansion tab, using the same order that it showed them in when I used PlayWithSix (@LIB_DLC_1, @IF_Other_Addons, @IF, @CBA, @IFA3SA, @IFA3M, @IFA3).

I restarted the game but now, I get an error message "Addon AiA_CharacterItems" requires addon AiA_BaseConfig_F". My question is partly how to fix this, and partly is PlayWithSix doing something else behind the scenes when it launches that clears this up?

Anyways thanks for the help. IFA3 is amazing!

@ the chief

DeepSilver took it down/lost it. I am trying to get a copy online on our website.

@ MASV635

The ingame mod launcher does not work.

Read the wiki on the required modline.

so I launched A3 and tried adding the folders using in-game mod/expansion tab, using the same order that it showed them in when I used PlayWithSix (@LIB_DLC_1, @IF_Other_Addons, @IF, @CBA, @IFA3SA, @IFA3M, @IFA3).

I restarted the game but now, I get an error message "Addon AiA_CharacterItems" requires addon AiA_BaseConfig_F". My question is partly how to fix this, and partly is PlayWithSix doing something else behind the scenes when it launches that clears this up?

Anyways thanks for the help. IFA3 is amazing!

Best way to do it is to use mod folders set in the Arma3 main folder and use a shortcut you make from the exe file. It eliminates a lot of problems caused by using the in-game launcher.

The mod order should look like I have listed below for you. Minus the no splash I have in front of the order of the mods.

Does this help?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@ifa3sa;@IFA3M;@IFA3

@kju. Thanks for letting me know that the iron front wiki is down/lost. Would really find it very useful to have the full IFL:44 and the IFA3 class list on line on your website. Look forward to seeing this.

@kju. Thanks for letting me know that the iron front wiki is down/lost. Would really find it very useful to have the full IFL:44 and the IFA3 class list on line on your website. Look forward to seeing this.

When the wiki was still online i took most of the vehicle/infantry classnames, maybe that can help :

// EAST USSR FACTION
_InfPool=["LIB_SOV_p_officer","LIB_SOV_scout_p_officer","LIB_SOV_operator","LIB_SOV_LC_rifleman","LIB_SOV_scout_smgunner","LIB_SOV_gun_crew","LIB_SOV_gun_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_gun_sergeant","LIB_SOV_captain","LIB_SOV_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_mgunner","LIB_SOV_scout_mgunner","LIB_SOV_smgunner","LIB_SOV_sergeant","LIB_SOV_first_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_AT_soldier","LIB_SOV_AT_grenadier","LIB_SOV_sapper","LIB_SOV_medic","LIB_SOV_rifleman","LIB_SOV_scout_rifleman","LIB_SOV_scout_sniper","LIB_SOV_assault_smgunner","LIB_SOV_assault_mgunner","LIB_SOV_assault_sergeant"];
_ArmPool=	["LIB_JS2_43","LIB_t34_76","LIB_t34_85","LIB_SU85","LIB_M4A2_SOV"];
_MotPool=	["lib_us6_bm13","Lib_SdKfz251_captured","LIB_Scout_m3","lib_us6_open","Lib_Willys_MB","lib_zis5v"];
_AirPool=	["LIB_P39","LIB_Pe2"];
_stPool=	["LIB_61k","LIB_Zis3","LIB_BM37"];
_crewPool= ["LIB_SOV_tank_sergeant","LIB_SOV_tank_overall_crew","LIB_SOV_tank_overall_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_tank_overall_sergeant","LIB_SOV_tank_captain","LIB_SOV_tank_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_tank_overall_captain","LIB_sov_tank_crew"];
_heliCrew=	["LIB_SOV_pilot"];

// WEST GERMAN FACTION
_InfPool=	["LIB_GER_radioman","LIB_GER_smgunner","LIB_GER_scout_smgunner","LIB_GER_gun_crew","LIB_GER_gun_lieutenant","LIB_GER_gun_unterofficer","LIB_GER_hauptmann","LIB_GER_lieutenant","LIB_GER_scout_lieutenant","LIB_GER_mgunner","LIB_GER_scout_mgunner","LIB_GER_ober_lieutenant","LIB_GER_ober_rifleman","LIB_GER_scout_ober_rifleman","LIB_GER_oberst","LIB_GER_AT_soldier","LIB_GER_AT_grenadier","LIB_GER_sapper","LIB_GER_medic","LIB_GER_rifleman","LIB_GER_stggunner","LIB_GER_scout_rifleman","LIB_GER_scout_sniper","LIB_GER_unterofficer","LIB_GER_scout_unterofficer"];
_ArmPool=	["LIB_PzKpfwVI_B","LIB_PzKpfwVI_B_camo","LIB_PzKpfwIV_H","LIB_PzKpfwV","LIB_StuG_III_G","LIB_StuG_III_G_WS","LIB_PzKpfwVI_E"];
_MotPool=	["LIB_opelblitz_open_y_camo","LIB_kfz1","LIB_SdKfz_7","LIB_SdKfz_7_AA","Lib_sdkfz251"];
_AirPool=	["LIB_FW190F8","LIB_Ju87"];
_stPool=	["LIB_FlaK_38","LIB_Flakvierling_38","LIB_GrWr34","LIB_Pak40_g"];
_crewPool=	["LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_lieutenant","LIB_GER_tank_unterofficer","LIB_GER_spg_crew","LIB_GER_spg_lieutenant","LIB_GER_spg_unterofficer"];
_heliCrew=	["LIB_GER_pilot"];

// INDEPENDENT AMERICAN FACTION
_InfPool=	["LIB_US_rifleman","LIB_US_FC_rifleman","LIB_US_corporal","LIB_US_smgunner","LIB_US_second_lieutenant","LIB_US_first_lieutenant","LIB_US_captain","LIB_US_sniper","LIB_US_mgunner","LIB_US_AT_soldier","LIB_US_engineer","LIB_US_medic"];
_ArmPool=	["LIB_M4A3_75","LIB_M4A3_75_tubes","LIB_M4A2_SOV"];
_MotPool=	["LIB_US_Willys_MB","LIB_US_M3_Halftrack","LIB_SOV_M3_Halftrack","LIB_US_GMC_Open"];
_AirPool=	["LIB_P47"];
_stPool=	["LIB_FlaK_38","LIB_Flakvierling_38","LIB_GrWr34","LIB_Pak40_g"];
_shipPool=	["LIB_LCVP"];
_crewPool= ["LIB_US_tank_crew","LIB_US_tank_sergeant","LIB_US_tank_second_lieutenant"];
_heliCrew=	["LIB_US_pilot"];

Pistol misaiming thing was fixed but somehow didnt appeared in this patch so dont worrie - it will be included in next patch.