.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Dear All,

I am releasing my coop/SP mission "IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity 1h" today on the steamworkshop. I am also happy for it to be uploaded to the Iron Front Mission Repository.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338797874

This mission requires that you have the Iron Front and the D-Day DLC mods for Arma 3 (either full or FREE lite versions) installed to play this.

Mission Tasks

Your tasks are to move from the beach area to clear the 4 forward locations of enemy forces. Then move to the village area to destroy enemy assets. Including 3 PAK40s, tank and a radio mast.

Your Team and Resources

In this CO-OP/SP mission, you play a US 15 man combined arms assault team, operating on the normandy, France area in 1944, fighting German forces.

The team consists of a 9 man US Army squad. In addition, there is a sherman tank, with 2 playable slots, which infantry can ride on the back if required (under high command if needed).

There is also a 1 man flyable P47 support aircraft, with service assets near its airfield. (under high command if needed)

Furthermore there is a 1 man playable mortar/artillery team, whom also have access to a towable anti-tank if needed. (under high command if needed).

Lastly, there is a 2 man sniper/spotter team, for recon' purpose and elimination of HVTs. (under high command if needed)

The FOB, has weapon crates, including a limited virtual ammo system box, explosives, back packs, static weapons and limited, none respawnable vehicles, including a halftrack.

Enemy Forces

Enemy forces consisting of elements of Waffen SS and Heer, are operating a defensive strategy in the AO. Expect upto 2 companies in the AO, with an extremely well defended area around the village, including 3 PAK40 anti tank guns, several MG42 nests, mortar, entrenched infantry and a tank of unknown type.

Important Mission Notes

It's important to note here, that only the team leader, of Sadist squad, has both Zeus control of Iron Front in Arma 3 assets only and has radio support control of artillery if they feel that the mission needs this support.

Also, please note that, at the spawn starting point, players have the option of para-dropping into a selected map position if needed.

When players die, they will respawn back at the US starting base.

Finally, the mission admin/lead when logged in, can change the mission parameters to suit their needs. This includes AI caching at different distances to help with game performance.

Mission Credits

*** Mission by Chief from Alpha Squad. ***

Made with F3 http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/

Paradrop Script by TayUK http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/paradrop-or-halo-using-a-mapclick-location-6262511?pid=1281855511#post1281855511

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) by Tonic http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-(VAS)

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII by Cool=Azroul13 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170803-UPSMON-Updated-to-ArmaIII

Foggy Breath Script by TPW http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?113653-Simple-Breath-Fog-Script

Iron Front Mod in Arma 3 by Kju and his team.

BIS for all Arma games content

Please enjoy the mission either on your own in SP using the high Command system for the other assets or with other coop players.

I will probably start to release several more of these missions over the coming weeks.

best wishes

Chief

wow...this is really awesome work! even the campaigns are playable from IF. cudos to the developers!

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Hey guys, I'am trying to find out an optimal way to place trenches without losing too much time and becoming mad with the classical 2D editor

I finally found a solution, MCC+Zeus used like a 3D editor, when I found out that there are no trenches listed under Zeus empty objects :(

So I tried to add the trenches as movable objects but no way to move them, I get "insufficient resources" error :(

http://i.imgur.com/j1YFkpV.jpg (455 kB)

http://imgur.com/j1YFkpV

Any idea ? any other way to place trenches without losing time ?

also I hope to see in a future update trenches listed under epty obejects or a way to make them work with Zeus+MCC, this is very important as specially for WWII missions the 3D editor is even more needed

cheers

the only great problem are the maps .... are too BIg and detailed ! yesterday in mp it was a lagfest

i will study the Forgotten Hope maps design or POE 2

I cant update the DLC patch to IF Arma 3. IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Steam

Any one can help? I get error: "error found in file @LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\france_data.pbo" and more error if I keep try it.

I did not buy the main Iron Front game on Steam so could it be that?

Is there another IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07 patch that will work for me?

I did all the install tutorial from this youtube and everthing worked until the DLC patching:

I cant update the DLC patch to IF Arma 3. IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Steam

Any one can help? I get error: "error found in file @LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\france_data.pbo" and more error if I keep try it.

I did not buy the main Iron Front game on Steam so could it be that?

Is there another IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07 patch that will work for me?

I did all the install tutorial from this youtube and everthing worked until the DLC patching:

try digital version (i don't know the difference)

Problem solved!!

as I did not have the STEAM version I needed a diffrent patch. The DIGITAL version.

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Digitial

Now everthing is working fine. Zee yuu on zee battlefield.

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Any Server runing the new mission: IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity 1h ?

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Review this thread http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/are-there-any-servers-or-groups-for-vanilla-arma2co-and-arma3-versions-of-if-7090216?pid=1284955960#post1284955960

theres quite a few listed, and other's posting theres.

Theres a guy on my friends list that will be setting up an IFA3 server starting the new year, so its growing!

2 Server online: 0 Player

And this also in the evening :-(

is normal not so many people know this port in ARMA 3

plus the vanilla game isn't a success

If it's worth anything 3CB have purchased Server copies and will be setting up a permenant Public server - that's the plan anyway. Some of our members have struggled to get the game installed properly - but assuming all goes right we may have something up within the week.

Now whether or not it gets populated... well that's anyone's guess.

More to the point someone will have to build a mission for it. Will probably setup up something ALiVE based etc.

. Some of our members have struggled to get the game installed properly - but assuming all goes right we may have something up within the week.

the installation has to improve surely, now is a bit mess

I believe it's more important to polish the few remaining imperfections it has than the installation process. If you just follow the instructions carefully there shouldn't be any mess.

I believe it's more important to polish the few remaining imperfections it has than the installation process. If you just follow the instructions carefully there shouldn't be any mess.

for us is feasible for a newbie no

by the way, stealth mission idea ;)

jones.jpg

Edited by Zukov

the installation has to improve surely, now is a bit mess

Use this Install Tutorial:

There is two versions of the DLC patch 1. Steam version and one for those who bought the Digital version. ( I had that problem, but solved it)

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_STEAM

or

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Digitial

Trying to start up campaign and crashes to desktop with this error, any ideas?

missions_DE_LIB\campaign\missions\missions\LIB_GER_CAMP_01.Panovo\mission.sqm, line0; 'raP'; ' 'encountered instead of '='

@ deVilspaWn

Can't reproduce it. It seems like you don't have IFA3 patched to 1.12.

Hi all,

I have ported Xeno Domination missions to this Iron Front mod. It is US vs Germany - AI Ranked version. If someone wants to join the server I host it every evening 5-10pm. You need only A3 + Iron front mod. Server name: Arma 3 domi

regards

pawel

I would be very interested to see a domination / insurgency type mission for A3IF for public servers to run (persistent battlefield) If anyone has such a mission or would like to make one I will run it on our public server by default.

- pm me

- or add me on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shakazulunation/

;2816583']@ deVilspaWn

Can't reproduce it. It seems like you don't have IFA3 patched to 1.12.

Thanks for the reply :) I managed to get it working on another PC. Maybe a couple of files got corrupted in the process :( who knows

i'm wondering, if is possible a sort of work on radios like RO2

radio.jpg

Edited by Zukov