.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

I think thats an Arma3 issue and not the map so much as there is a thread here that is discussing it

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183844-So-AI-can-still-see-through-completely-obscuring-grass-and-shoot-at-the-player

Thanks for the info Günter, then this is a very big issue, warfare like the one in Normandy and eventually Vietnam would suffer so much from this, this really ruin the experience and the only possible tactic is to try attract the enemy on roads where you can fight in a more fair and clear way.

Edit:

ok I made a post in that thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183844-So-AI-can-still-see-through-completely-obscuring-grass-and-shoot-at-the-player/page14

we should all go there and write something and hope to attract devs attention, finger crossed to see this issue fixed

Edit 1:

Is there a ticket we can vote in the feedbacktracker ?

Edited by HaZZarD

I can tell what I did to install that MOD:

1. Install A3 , A2CO or A2 + A2OA (that what I have);

2. Install Iron Front (I do have Iron Front SA + DLC);

3. Intstall Playwithsix and show where your games are installed.

4. Register an account in Playwithsix

5. Install mods: IF3SA, IFA3, Iront Front - Arma 3 (it can take a long time to do so), after that you should have mods installed in your A3 folder: @LIB_DLC_1;@if_other_addons;@IF;@CBA_A3;@pws_enablea2oacontentina3;@ifa3sa;@ifa3m;@ifa3" . It is total 10GB

6. Open playwithsix and find collections.

7. Find a collection: Iron front

8. Choose collection you need and subscribe (I've chosed: IFA3+IFA3SA)

9. Launch your collection.

I made it 3 Times (my computer, friend computer and my dad's computer) It works.

regrads

pawel

Edited by PawelKPL

There is a bit annoying problem with the D-Day DLC guys, I think this is dated back to the original Iron Front and is not a new bug.

Basically you have very low visibility, which being it Normandy is ok, but look like AI can see too well through concealment.

I think the main problem is them being able to see though the tall grass, the Hedgerows seems more ok.

I know Arma3 tried to track this problem and it worked a bit but being IF from A2, maybe there is a LOS problem with the tall grass model ? I don't know, not an expert but this is the feedback I had from the players that tried my 2 missions in Normandy.

cheers

I think you are right about this mate, but only if the AI are prone. On the other hand, I did notice that the AI find it very hard to spot you, if they are standing up in the long grass and you are prone and moving towards them slowly in the long grass. This may help if you need to move up closer, for a more stealthy kill

Edited by the chief

I think you are right about this mate, but only if the AI are prone. On the other hand, I did notice that the AI find it very hard to spot you, if they are standing up in the long grass and you are prone and moving towards them slowly in the long grass. This may help if you need to move up closer, for a more stealthy kill

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do.

Still I hope they will improve how AI spot you in long grass

@ Zukov

Unfortunately it seems the publisher, BI and the A3 team are not able or willing to come to an agreement

i saw X1 now is in Cryengine

street_fields2a7s6a.jpg

Hey guys, I have a few questions on what is planned for the mod, what can be expected to come.

First off, I own the Iron Front retail version (which came with loads of awesome stuff :D ) but that can unfortunatly not be activated on steam. So I am currently thinking about buying the game + DLC again on steam to play it on the Arma 3 engine a bit. But I have to consider if it is worth it, so here my three main questions:

1. And by far the most important: Will we get the original voices/languages back some day?

2. Are UI changes planned (the A3 design kind of doesn't fit into the WW2 setting. Also there are things like the FAK that has the same icon as in A3).

3. Can we expect the map lighting to be "fixed"? Its just too bright right now. Clear weather + morning time = Sun like a supernova and my screen hurting my eyes. I know some temporary solutions like colorcorrection for this, but that is no long term option.

Apart from that, the Conversion already works like a charm, big thumbs up and thanks for your effort.

3. Can we expect the map lighting to be "fixed"? Its just too bright right now. Clear weather + morning time = Sun like a supernova and my screen hurting my eyes. I know some temporary solutions like colorcorrection for this, but that is no long term option.

Hi Dar,

Not for me to answer your questions. But, regarding your last one. I hardly ever play in clear weather conditions because it's too bright. So I run it mostly in cloudy or in the rain.

Check out my steam screenshot and you will see what I mean.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324892810

Hi all,

I have ported Xeno Domination missions to this Iron Front mod. It is US vs Germany - AI Ranked version. If someone wants to join the server I host it every evening 5-10pm. You need only A3 + Iron front mod. Server name: Arma 3 domi

regards

pawel

when I search for Iron Front A3 Servers in PlayWith six or even just the ingame Browser I never find any one.

My suggestion would be to have a Iron Front A3 server that show up in Playwith Six and the Ingame Browser. Maby Also name it somthing with Iron Front or anything that has to do with World War 2 to make it really easy for any Public players to find it.

Hi all,

I have ported Xeno Domination missions to this Iron Front mod. It is US vs Germany - AI Ranked version. If someone wants to join the server I host it every evening 5-10pm. You need only A3 + Iron front mod. Server name: Arma 3 domi

regards

pawel

I do hope you have approval from Xeno or used only mission which allowed it in license

Hi all,

I have ported Xeno Domination missions to this Iron Front mod. It is US vs Germany - AI Ranked version. If someone wants to join the server

I host it every evening 5-10pm. You need only A3 + Iron front mod. Server name: Arma 3 domi

regards

pawel

NO! Dont port it, take it down, I already got shit for hosting the Russian Hard Mode Domination version on the MR,

I had no idea it was Xeno's version until, Dirty Haz told me about it and talked to Xeno and Xeno said no that was 2 months ago,

he dont want any of his stuff ported, suggest you take it down, unless he gives you direct permission.

I do hope you have approval from Xeno or used only mission which allowed it in license

It is the old one version of domi NOT NEW ONE (as per workshop).

NO! Dont port it, take it down, I already got shit for hosting the Russian Hard Mode Domination version on the MR,

I had no idea it was Xeno's version until, Dirty Haz told me about it and talked to Xeno and Xeno said no that was 2 months ago,

he dont want any of his stuff ported, suggest you take it down, unless he gives you direct permission.

1. I do not get it what that shit you got is about.

2. As far I know Xeno has forbidden some time ago to port domination to A3 but he made A3 version of it. It removes his "NO TO A3"

3. I have never found any word about "not porting" to different map.

4. Since we have Iron Front mod in A3 - It is A3. So I did not break any Xeno policy.

regards

pawelkpl

Edited by PawelKPL

ok after a, bit painful, installation of the mod in manual manner, i'm completely fallen in love

arma 3/rv4 is a perfect engine for it!!!!!!!

is it possible add some animations, sounds etc in future patches?

2014-11-06_00003.jpg

Edited by Zukov

what is X1 ?

cant find anything about that.

pawelkpl

is the second company/group that you see in the initial splashscreen

I downloaded the mod yesterday. Really nice work but unfortunately there no servers online :-(

There are servers!! Search with Iron - right now there are 2 servers with some guys playing.

i'm wondering, now is possible the fire from vehicles!

i have a bug the US pilot doesn't have the pilot suit but the normal GI suit

thanks for this stunning work!

2014-11-07_00001.jpg

Hi, sorry I only read the first post but I'm not really seeing what is I download to actually combine the 2 games? Am I missing something?

Ah nevermind, didn't see the files tab over there.....

Edited by froggyluv

I downloaded the mod yesterday. Really nice work but unfortunately there no servers online :-(

Review this thread http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/are-there-any-servers-or-groups-for-vanilla-arma2co-and-arma3-versions-of-if-7090216?pid=1284955960#post1284955960

theres quite a few listed, and other's posting theres.

Theres a guy on my friends list that will be setting up an IFA3 server starting the new year, so its growing!