.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Desertion ;)

i would if i could, but the error is faster than me with my white flag...

Couple bugs you guys may or may not be aware of :

First (which i'm sure you guys know of) - the Opel Blitz has no collision detection nor speed detection (think that's what you call it?) - they run through trees and can go 70 + at a 90 degree upwards slop.

Second - while playing ALiVE, how do I get the US Tanks deployed? I made a mil custom obj with "LIB_US_TANK_TROOPS" as the faction and armored as type, but it spawns CSAT troops. I know you guys are not the ALiVE team, but maybe you screwed with a class name somewhere that effected this? Have any of you guys seen this?

Other than those two things, everything is coming along great :D! Once those bugs + a few others (main one that pops into my head is the engine idle sounds for all vehicles nearly, and some weapons being way to quiet) I think this mod will surpass Iron Front Vanilla. Continue the great work!

EDIT : Was my mistake. Everything works good!

Edited by Burdy

Now, I am probably as stupid as they come... having said that.. Where is the download link? lol I cant find it on the page.

Also, are there servers up and running for this?

Guys welcome in the world of pc gaming and mods, there are no shortcuts or magic answers that will automatically make this mod appear on your pc, to have it you need to read the instructions and follow them step by step.

But believe me, if you have passion for WWII then it's worth it, as I don't think there are better WWII tactical FPS around

Guys welcome in the world of pc gaming and mods, there are no shortcuts or magic answers that will automatically make this mod appear on your pc, to have it you need to read the instructions and follow them step by step.

But believe me, if you have passion for WWII then it's worth it, as I don't think there are better WWII tactical FPS around

I have no trouble with following directions.. its finding them I am having a hard time with lol. I don't see any instructions on the main page, I do see a set up guide, but when I click it I get, "Internet Explorer cant open page" So, how do I get this working?

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I have no trouble with following directions.. its finding them I am having a hard time with lol. I don't see any instructions on the main page, I do see a set up guide, but when I click it I get, "Internet Explorer cant open page" So, how do I get this working?

Nvm.. I opened it in Firefox, and I have it working now

I did this two days ago and it worked perfectly but I did have to extract the EXE and run the parameters...

loving it so far... particularily love how the campaigns are in there

Thanks to all involved!!

there is a chance that the publisher or devs port this beauty on RV4? i discover this game yesterday the contents are amazing but bad optimized

Probably not, Devs are long gone since end of 2012, they are working on a new project.

Publishers (Deepsilver) wont do it because they just sell the vanilla IF game, so really its up to BIS to get the rights to do so, but then why bother

when all the work Kju and team have done and previously IFR team have helped with when you got a full fledged working mod, best bet just setup the mod,

it shall improve more as it goes, as IFA3 team are always working on it.

Was trying to do the D-Day mission, and when I get to the fence, I need to blow it up so we can get through. I take the charges, the wire and the detonator. Every time I take the Sapper tools, it makes the detonator disappear.. I have tried taking the sapper tools first then taking the detonator.. and different combinations of taking the things, but it wont work, always makes it disappear.

I cant set the charges or put the detonator down without the sapper tools... Anyway to fix this?

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Also, are there any Multiplayer servers up for this?

Started the german campaign... but when I try to move with the W,S,A,D keys I cant.. I can move with the arrow keys... And I can move fine with WASD in DLC D-Day... so how can I fix this?

Edit: Restarted the game and that fixed it. But after some of the training, it crashed

Edited by DR501st

A few bugs and errors,

- us vehicles don't make movement sounds.

- on the lite version there is a graphic error on the front of your screen on every ironfront map.

- opfor (russians) shoot at independant (us troops) they were on the same side so why do they shoot eachother?

- bluefor (germans) do not shoot independant (us troops) they are supposed too.

- tanks do not blow up instead they just catch on fire. It is very hard to tell when you have destroyed a heavy tank.

A few personal requests,

- c-47 us transport aircraft

- german transport aircraft

- airborne us troop skins with patches (82nd/101st)

*looking forward to next patch. Dev's please keep us posted. I speak for a group of people when I say please stick with it! Continue developement!

- opfor (russians) shoot at independant (us troops) they were on the same side so why do they shoot eachother?

- bluefor (germans) do not shoot independant (us troops) they are supposed too.

You have to set which side independent is friends with from the intel menu (click the weather), like in vanilla Arma.

I can`t play the German campaign its crashes at the training is this a known bug?

Overall i wand to thank you guys for the great work!

Hi, if only I have a problem with such a PZ IV side armor falls off and a tank gets shot again this again renews the armor?

Edited by chycius

I can`t play the German campaign its crashes at the training is this a known bug?

Same thing here

Same for me. After finishing the grenade task. The game crashes

EDIT : discard what I said, not IF related

However - problem still stands , if you play the mod with ALIVE, you get major desync.

.. And if you look directly at the ground, your frame rate plummets (depends on where on the map you are, and not ALIVE) related

Edited by Burdy

Hey guys I just bought iron front on steam so I used Iron front modset from playwithsix to install it with Arma 3 but I get addon aia_core_if requires addon aia core errror any idea whats causing it? and another error when I get to main menu

Edited by papoose244

Sorry for the delayed response everyone! :o

---

Please consider to vote for my Make Arma Not War submissions:

### Blitzkrieg GameMode - Scenario [sP] ###

### Blitzkrieg GameMode - RandomMode [sP] ###

The Blitzkrieg GameMode also offers modsets for Iron Front (Wehrmacht, Red Army, US Armay)

and Scenarios as well as RandomMode on Iron Front terrains.

Thank you!

---

@ [J4F]Thunder666

Please refer to the wiki docu on what different options you have.

In short yes as the chief says its available for a while now.

Send me your C&H missions, if you want them on the official test server.

@ TomZy

Thank you! Let us/me know when he responds please. :)

@ HaZZarD

Did you check out the http://www.missionrepository.com yet?

Nice guide - can you please update it and post it in the IF fan forums,

so that I can link to it?

Corrections/additions:

A2 is no longer needed for IFA3 (AiA SA (LITE)/IFA3SA (LITE) as alternatives), nor is it recommended as only the alternative will have updated data to A3 standards.

PWS beta is no longer needed

Selecting from the provided shared collections in the wiki is strongly recommended. The mod itself should be only used when really knowning what one is doing.

Please provide a more detailed report on the mortar problem in the issue tracker.

@ serjames

Please check the wiki first. If you still have questions, come back then.

@ the chief

Make sure to submit your missions to Gunter to have it put to his site. :)

Aside from the new A3 clothing you find the info in the official IF wiki:

http://wiki.iron-front.com/index.php/L44:Classlist

@ SilentAssassin

Send Tierprot a PM in regards to the M43 field cap.

Be aware though that you may not redistribute any files from itself yourself,

if you want to avoid potential trouble with the publisher.

@ RWM_Barbarossa

What should we focus on for the next patch? (new content is outside our scope though)

@ Zukov

Unfortunately it seems the publisher, BI and the A3 team are not able or willing to come to an agreement..

@ Fillo and DR501st

The explosive are broken atm and are on the TODO list.

@ Nzane and DR501st and arjan123nl and ramme223

The campaign does not work in A3 essentially. You can skip missions with cheats

and see if later missions are playable:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Cheats

Also you need to report crashes to BI on the A3 FT:

http://feedback.arma3.com/

@ CosmiC10R

You are welcome. :)

@ 82ndairbornerealism

US vehicles are not yet ported.

Your setup seems to be wrong/corrupted. Upload the rpt log file.

You need to familiarize yourself with editor settings for the independent side.

@ chycius

Limitation/bug of the current tank damage system - it will be replaced by RAM eventually.

@ Burdy

Please provide a more detailed report on the performance problem in the issue tracker.

Whenever I try and run IF with IFA3SA I get "Addon 'AiA_BaseConfig_F' requires addon 'A_TVTower'" and my game has missing textures + screwed up main menu. Any idea why this happens? Using the .bat file IFA3SA to run it

;2807938']Sorry for the delayed response everyone! :o

@ 82ndairbornerealism

US vehicles are not yet ported.

Your setup seems to be wrong/corrupted. Upload the rpt log file.

You need to familiarize yourself with editor settings for the independent side.

My setup through play with sex for when I launch the game on the normal setup (without lite)

@AiA' date=' @IF, @IFA3 through play with six.

My setup when i try to play with the lite version and tell all my friends to do is this: -mod=@CBA_A3;@IFA3SA_lite;@IFA3SA;@IFA3;@IF_lite;@IFA3M_lite;@IF_Other_Addons_lite;@LIB_DLC_1_lite launching through steam launcher.

[b']RPT: http://www.82ndairborne.us/ironfront.RPT

[/b]