.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

If you look at the pdf provided with the foliage mod, you have instructions on how to make it compatible with other vehicles.

Ok thanks gonna try that!

Do you think it could be difficult to change the arma 2 foliage by arma 3 ones ? the Arma 2 version needs AiA to works.

Im getting an missing "aia_core" error, when i try to start IF a3 from pw6??

And the game looks really weird when i start, like the ui from IF is mixed with A3 vanilla ui, also when i tried to get in to a map, any map, the game crashes...

Also PW6 starts every time i try to start IFa3, by patching the game??

Try the manual way.

Ok thanks gonna try that!

Do you think it could be difficult to change the arma 2 foliage by arma 3 ones ? the Arma 2 version needs AiA to works.

Not sure, but the first thing would be to ask _William if he's ok for somebody else to update his mod to A3.

@ TomZy

The US infantry are from Lodu - he is master of arts indeed. :)

For the Foliage camouflage System contact _William directly first please.

I think its to determine the right offset though.

@ Sixt

Did you switch to beta branch in PWS?

What IF and DLC versions does the main menu show in the bottom right?

;2799803']

@ Sixt

Did you switch to beta branch in PWS?

What IF and DLC versions does the main menu show in the bottom right?

Exact same issue.

PWS: 1.55.829.2

DLC: 1.07

IF: 1.033

Guess I need to ask here since my ability to concentrate to endure mod "hassle" has worn thin trying to get IF with ArmA 3 to get to work again.

Mind you, I had it working when it was initially done by using A2/OA to do the needed conversion, back then that went painlessly.

So now I hear that you don't need A2/OA to do the conversion (which is great btw!) and you should be able to do it with only having Arma 3 and Iron Front.

How's that done then?

I mean, to my belief I should have everything setup correctly, but why I don't get to play is that I'm getting the error OA/Iron Front not found?.

Yeah, there are a few to be found by Googling the error, but those might be from the A2/OA conversion period.

What I have done so far:

- did a fresh install of Iron Front (before doing that removed traces of the game from Windows registry)

- Iron Front is patched to 1.05

- Arma 3 is the latest stable (opted out of beta)

- Both IF and A3 have been run as administrator at least once and prior trying to launch through the PWS.

- The checkbox is ticked for both games in PWS that says Force 'Run as Administrator'.

- PWS has the correct folder path set for both A3 and IF (Iron Front is installed in E:\Iron Front to be precise)

- I'm trying to use the Iron Front - ARMA 3 modset as a mod for ArmA 3 when launching from PWS and that's when I get that OA/Iron Front not found? error

- Tried "re-installing" PWS, but since it does not come with an installer, removing everything takes care and patience. Aaand I think I missed something since even after clearing almost every little trace of PWS from my PC the new "installation" had everything (folder paths to games and mods, game launch options) set up like I hadn't removed the program in the first place.

I bet it's just me being dumb here, but.. What are all that stuff "AiA this and that, Standalone this and that". I have downloaded separately All in Arma Standalone 13Gb pack, what on earth is that and do I even need it to play Iron Front with Arma 3 without the need to have A2/OA anymore?

Seems by reading Iron Front in Arma 3 Play withSIX install that I haven't gotten to the conversion process yet, most likely because of the error I'm getting.

Edited by Amontieri

Have you run IF and A3 'as Administrator' at least once? I think I read a note saying this was required, probably to setup a registry entry for the converter to determine the install locations.

I have IF and A3 installed and run as administrator once. I followed the manual install instructions from the mod website. The conversion tool said it completed and no errors showed up at anytime in that process. However when I ran the 1.05 to 1.12 community patch for it immediately tells me some PBO in the @IF folder is missing. I checked and while the @IF folder does exist in the Arma3 folder it is empty, zero files. Any ideas?

Have you run IF and A3 'as Administrator' at least once? I think I read a note saying this was required, probably to setup a registry entry for the converter to determine the install locations.

Hi.

Thanks for the quick reply and I do have to apologize here.. I was trying to scan through that earlier text of mine if I had missed something from the list there and seems that I had.

So indeed

- I have run both IF and A3 as administrator at least once prior trying to launch through the PWS. And to be precise here I actually did the 'run as administrator' after every Iron Front patch I had applied...heh, just for the sake of it.

- Also for what it's worth, I have the checkbox ticked for both games in PWS that says Force 'Run as Administrator'.

I added those two on the list in my previous post.

Iron Front in Arma 3 Co-op Tactical Gaming Squad

With the Iron Front Liberation 1944 mod, for Arma 3, being made available recently. I would like to start hosting, Iron Front in Arma 3, no respawn, co-op single mission events.

I would like to try and get together some like minded individuals on Sundays at 19:00 GMT (UTC) for a mission event.

I usually play single missions, with 1-3 tasks to complete, with a limited set of resources to help achieve these tasks. Starting with a selection of a team leader, whom runs the mission and the rest of the players work as a team, utilising Teamspeak 3 server: ts3.alphasquad.net combined with the latest Task Force Radio Mod. You will need to PM me for the password for teamspeak 3.

We should cherish our single lives in the mission, when trying to achieve these tasks and unless there's an unforeseen reason, I have a no respawn policy. This make's you concentrate very hard and play more as a team.

I would like to invite more players, whom wish to play Iron Front in Arma 3 co-op missions in the above style, into the mission events with me.

Players must have teamspeak 3, with a microphone and a firm grasp of the spoken English language, in order for them and others to enjoy the mission events.

Players must also have installed the correct mods in order for them to join a mission event.

You can get these mods from either Playwithsix or install them manually. Your choice.

I will be using only the following latest versions of these signed mods for these mission events that are available on playwithsix.

Required Mods

Iron Front in Arma 3

Iron Front in Arma 3 (Normandy DLC)

Iron Front in Arma 3 Standalone (By Kju)

CBA for Arma 3

Optional Clientside Mods

@BHC_Map_Contour Mod by Tomahawko

@Blastcore Mod for Arma 3

@BW_loadcalc Mod by Big_Wilk

@l_ES mod by Laxemanns

@l_exshake mod by Laxemanns

@l_twitch mod by Laxemanns

@st_nametags mod by shackTac

@st_hud mod by shackTac

@st_staminabar mod by shackTac

@tpw_houselights mod by TPW

@VTS_weaponresting by VTS

So in summary, when you have a correct setup for the required and/or optional mods, setup teamspeak 3 with taskforce radio, PM'd me for the Teamspeak 3 server password, then you are then ready to join me on Sundays at 19:00(GMT/UTC) for some serious gaming. Look for Chiefs Iron Front Coop in the MP mission listings in your Arma 3 or via playwithsix.

If you are interested in joining me in these Sunday events, then please reply to this post on this forum or you can PM me.

Best wishes and I hope to play with some of you soon.

Chief

Edited by the chief

@ 1212PDMCDMPPM

The current version is:

DLC: 1.07

IF: 1.12

A3: 1.32

@ Amontieri

Did you activate beta branch in PWS?

Why did you not follow the wiki guide for PWS to choose from the four shared collections?

You need to report issues with PWS in their support section:

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix?view=recent

> OA/Iron Front not found?

Says either one was not detected in the registry (and/or has no path set in PWS games settings).

Or just use the manual process.

Finally complain at BI and DeepSilver about the complicated setup - not me.

@ Quadrono

It sounds like you did not adjust the paths in the conversion tool to A3 as the wiki

guide mentions. As such the modfolders were created in your OA game folder.

Move them to your A3 game folder and apply the A3 patch.

@ Chief

Very nice initiative! :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

.kyu,

You were partially correct, I f'd up the folder name in the conversion tool (put "Arma3" instead of "Arma 3") so I had an Arma3 folder with the IF and DLC folders and nothing else. I moved them and the patch is applying now, cannot wait to try it out tonight. Thanks for the help and all the hard work!!!

Q

Hi Kju

You mentioned in recent post, that the IFA3 DLC is currently at v.1.08. I only have v.1.07. When did v1.08 come out?

cheers

;2800341']@ Amontieri

Did you activate beta branch in PWS?

Why did you not follow the wiki guide for PWS to choose from the four shared collections?

You need to report issues with PWS in their support section:

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix?view=recent

> OA/Iron Front not found?

Says either one was not detected in the registry (and/or has no path set in PWS games settings).

Or just use the manual process.

Finally complain at BI and DeepSilver about the complicated setup - not me.

Thank you for the quick answer kju.

The problem got solved with applying the PWS beta. I had missed that since it is not explicitly mentioned in Iron Front in Arma 3 Play withSIX install (as of 10/22/2014 @ 06:12PM).

Thank You for the continuous help you keep providing for the community on top of that what you have already done within the mod scene kju!

@ Quadrono

Good to hear you got it solved. :)

@ the chief

Fixed my post above - 1.07 DLC is latest public.

@ Amontieri

Sickboy wanted to release a new PWS stable patch quickly after.

For some reason it didn't happen so far.. adding the note to the wiki for now.

I may be blind, it's entirely possible. But I have seen Panzerfaust crates in youtube vids of IFA3, I just cannot find them in the editor, are they under BLUEFOR>>Wehrmacht or Empty>>?? . So lost.

Also I cannot get an empty tank to spawn that is playable. I can spawn one for the appropriate side, but it will be full of AI tank crew and I cannot use it, if I spawn it from "EMPTY" I cannot enter it either. Works fine for vanilla A3 assets, is this an Arma 2 holdover? Its been a long time since I messed around in the A2 editor.

Thanks!

Q

@ Quadrono

Best head over to the IF fan forums for such game specific questions. :)

@theChief :

Required Mods

Iron Front in Arma 3

Iron Front in Arma 3 (Normandy DLC)

Iron Front in Arma 3 Standalone (By Kju)

CBA for Arma 3

this means the IF44 standalone Version for Arma 3 is released and playable ???

Thunder

@thunder IFA3SA is released and playable. I have been having some fun with it, for the last few weeks.

Not sure, but the first thing would be to ask _William if he's ok for somebody else to update his mod to A3.
;2799803']@ TomZy

The US infantry are from Lodu - he is master of arts indeed. :)

For the Foliage camouflage System contact _William directly first please.

I think its to determine the right offset though.

Sure ! I pmed him' date=' maybe i will have some news soon, the pak40 with some foliage looks great !

I don't know if you are aware but steam is doing some sale (75% off ! IF+DLC) on Iron Front, here the link : http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/

Good occasion to grab some players and make the community playing IF though A3 growth !! Spread the word ;)

Hey guys, any COOP available on platoon level ?

I really would like a COOP where you have something like a platoon to coordinate, with both human and high command AI control.

Well if not available I may think to make one myself :)

This is the initial composition I made

http://i.imgur.com/ZNe02dI.jpg (151 kB)

2 Stug III

1 Kubel with the platoon Leader medic and MP44 on it

3 Opel open with 3 squads

1 Opel closed with support, MG42 tripod, Mortar, Sniper and Panzerschreck

Not a vet of the editor so in case I'll try keep it simple, also I need to understand the limits of this engine, like how many IA can be used to get a nice battle but with decent FPS

New user here.... which of the mods do I need to download to get this to run in A3 ?

Just bought the game+DLC on steam and excited to give it a go.... in A3

Hey guys, any COOP available on platoon level ?

I really would like a COOP where you have something like a platoon to coordinate, with both human and high command AI control.

Well if not available I may think to make one myself :)

This is the initial composition I made

http://i.imgur.com/ZNe02dI.jpg (151 kB)

2 Stug III

1 Kubel with the platoon Leader medic and MP44 on it

3 Opel open with 3 squads

1 Opel closed with support, MG42 tripod, Mortar, Sniper and Panzerschreck

Not a vet of the editor so in case I'll try keep it simple, also I need to understand the limits of this engine, like how many IA can be used to get a nice battle but with decent FPS

Hi mate.

I have made a coop mission that also uses the high command system for other AI/playble squads. It's a 20 player coop based in Normandy.

Cheers Gunter, eventually found that.. Still confused over whether I need the @ifa3sa or not... Anyway got it

I think PW6 is busy copying files from IF to an @IF folder now... ulp