.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

@ Weißdorn and HaZZarD

Happy to hear and spread the word :bounce3:

@ Kerc Kasha

Good point. I've did now a basic check and there will be some issues right now.

If you load AiA TP first, aka mod to the right in the modline, it should work somewhat.

I will try to improve AiA TP in the next release to allow a seamless combination. :)

Hello,

The game finally runs with A3 but it was really tough.

However I have 3 questions:

I noticed that the wheels of cars are not turning, is this known and common for all?

The american soldiers on the independent side have the russian flag in editor. ALso known? Or only at my end.

Finally I tried the katiusha rocket and tried to use the artillery computer but it always says cannot fire regardless of the distance that I want to target.

And finally all sides speak english for me.

Wheels should be turning, Katyusha with Ballistic calculator will be included in upcoming patch. About other things - dont know.

@ .kju - I am going to try again : )

Before I start I would like to clarify some things so I don't get in a mess like before.

I have Arma 3 on my primary drive and Iron Front on my secondary drive.

Also PWS beta on my secondary drive, (is this OK? or would it be better on my primary drive? because my primary is quite small for space)

Which mod/collection should I select?

Again thankyou for creating this and please don't take personally when some people get frustrated, I am sure it's because they are desperate to enjoy your work and for some people like me who are not very experienced with applying mods etc this whole process can seem a bit confusing.

Edited by beansy

Niki, I think we all have russian flag over Ami's in the editor.

The mod is great and I can't wait to see it evolve further. Right now it really thrusted some interest into our ArmA gaming group - many people missed our I44 setup. You did great job guys and thank You for that. In the meantime tho, as I heard You already know about some problems (like the explosives that does not work) I have only one, but important question - does anyone have a problem launching a working dedicated server with lite version?

We did so even without any other, 3rd party addons, the server is visible, but You can't do anything on it. It seems to log the people who join, but the server seems "stuck", as You can't write anything in the chat and nothing happens. RPT doesn't show any errors. Any ideas, solutions?

Edited by JonPL

@ beansy

It doesn't matter where PWS itself is. In PWS you can also set the location for the modfolder and synq data (game settings).

However due to the conversion and patches all Iron Front modfolders have to be in the game folder itself.

You could use junctions/symlinks to have the data on another HDD but just make windows also believe it lives also on your primary.

Check the animation (GIF) in post #860 in regards to PWS beta.

Read the wiki about the arguments for the different shared collections:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_Play_withSIX_install

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

@ JonPL

My test server runs with IF LITE without problems.

Please upload the rpt of the server, and your configuration files.

First of all many thanks for your hard work, IFA on A3 is awesome and so much needed.

Now a question as I'am really interested in this and I'am looking forward to see what will happen, do you have an official roadmap or a "what we would like to implement" list ?

Personally I always felt the IF Normandy DLC was nice and with a huge potential but a bit incomplete, in my dreamlist on USA side I have Stuart, cal.30, M1 57mm Antitank Gun, Airborne, Sherman 76 :) finger crossed

Edited by HaZZarD

Personally I always felt the IF Normandy DLC was nice and with a huge potential but a bit incomplete, in my dreamlist on USA side I have Stuart, cal.30, M1 57mm Antitank Gun, Airborne, Sherman 76 finger crossed
We'll most likely have to wait for Invasion'44 for that. No reason for them to double the work.

@ HaZZarD

Our team is very small. We are almost solely focusing on bringing you guys a polished

version of Iron Front in Arma 3.

So new content is unlikely to happen unless more modders join our team, or another

team is to cooperate with us. :)

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2794522']@ HaZZarD

Our team is very small. We are almost solely focusing on bringing you guys a polished

version of Iron Front in Arma.

So new content is unlikely to happen unless more modders join our team' date=' or another

team is to cooperate with us. :)[/quote']

Ah ok ok no problem, I think I can't even imagine how much time and work take to bring IF on A3 so many thanks for that

Yes I really hope you and the team of Invasion44 and other WWII ones will collaborate : )

got it working : )

Satisfied customer here, unfortunately I don't have a paypal account or I would donate, however, if .kju messages me a suitable delivery address I will send alcohol of his choice to be shared amongst the team.

@ beansy

Good to hear. :) Are you familiar with Beerware? :D

Thanks for your kind and special offer - I have asked the team and will respond to you via PM soon. :bounce3:

@ Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Use IFA3SA (LITE) or AiA SA (lite). You find these four options as shared collections for PWS in the wiki.

I get some random crashes after playing for a while, any fix for that? Or should I download all files again and reinstall?

I get some random crashes after playing for a while, any fix for that? Or should I download all files again and reinstall?

Attach rpt here.

;2794846']@ beansy

Good to hear. :) Are you familiar with Beerware? :D

Thanks for your kind and special offer - I have asked the team and will respond to you via PM soon. :bounce3:

QUOTE]

beerware lol, that's awesome :D

and please do, let me know what you guys prefer to drink.

Hey guys I have a big problem

I tried to host a little mission I made for IF A3 and none of my friends is able to join me or even find me in lobby ?! uhm

do you know anything ? I went back to AIII just for IF A3 so I don't know if this is a problem related to A3 or IF A3.

Any help or tips on how to make my friends join me while keeping this mod would be great

cheers

Edited by HaZZarD

I tried to host a little mission I made for IF A3 and none of my friends is able to join me or even find me in lobby ?! uhm
Try that with vanilla ArmA3.

Generally speaking, after A3 changed from GameSpy to Steamworks, You can forget about easy hosting without port forwarding. So I'd "blame" A3*.

*or rather their Steamworks setup

@Kju

Thanks for the response.

So far, we've reuploaded whole mod again on the server, tried it with and without additional addons, checked how the server runs on vanilla and our typical modset and until we launch IF everything seems fine. Like I said, only happens with IF, we're trying with no missions now.

Edited by JonPL

Bought IF on steam. Followed guide for installing IF for A3 via PWS. Conversion went exactly as it said. When it launched A3 I got the IF splash screens (Panthers and such). I had a new SINGLEPLAYER link/button on the main menu. When I went into the editor, it was all vanilla A3 stuff, no IF units to place. exited and restarted through PWS, just launched regular A3. Tried a third time and its going through the whole conversion, download, patch process again.

Any ideas?

We managed to fix the server. Screwed up cfg. Sorry for bothering.

@ HaZZarD

There are tools like Tunngle or Hamachi to simulate a LAN over the internet between you and your friends.

This is probably the best and easiest workaround, unless you can get a dedicated server to play.

@ JonPL

No worries and glad to hear you got it working. :)

@ Quadrono

Did you activate beta version for PWS as shown in post #860?