.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Just to make this clear, all I need is Iron front, and Arma 3, playwithsix and I'm good to go, no need for arma 2, is that correct?

Just to make this clear, all I need is Iron front, and Arma 3, playwithsix and I'm good to go, no need for arma 2, is that correct?

No, you don't have to have Arma 2. If you don't have it though, you'll still need one of the substitutes for it: Iron Front in Arma 3 Standalone, Iron Front in Arma 3 Standalone Lite, All in Arma or All in Arma Lite. For the sake of size, unless you want the Arma 2 maps, IFA3 Standalone or Lite is what you may want.

Edited by Fadi

Thank you .kju, I got that PBO sorted now. Btw, seems the German/Russian radio voices aren't implemented yet in Arma3 (unless I screwed up somewhere lol)? Is there a roadmap for that feature or is it of lower priority? Thanks again.

@ Nikiforos

Mr. White??? :confused:

The only thing needed will be to have IF the game installed properly, PWS in the latest (beta) version,

and to subscribe to the desired collection and some patience for the whole process to finish. :)

@ StubbleHopper

As Fadi explained, you have four different packages to choose from to the get A2 data Iron Front needs to work.

@ Pulstar

Unfortunately there is next to no docu about this. We are happy to have voices working at all at this point.

Probably the language definitions need to be converted to the new A3 system. :eek:

how well does IF integrate into arma 3? Can you switch between modded/vanilla arma 3 content and IF content without any issues or is it a bit more limited?

Just wondering because considering making it part of a modset but don't really want to bother if it doesn't play well with vanilla content and starts breaking stuff

@ Kerc Kasha

In general yes it should be fine. However in the end you have to test it out yourself.

There is still some clean-up work left to get rid of the remaining "updating base class" rpt spam though.

Hi kju.. im having a little weird UI error.. look at it

What could it be? bad conversion or and error in @IFA3SA?

And when we use IFA3SA we have again the problem in where the soldiers fall off to prone position after running or when hitting another object.. that was already fixed in the AllinArmASA.

Thanks.

Edited by Scar.arg

@ Scar.arg

Are you using PWS? This error comes from faulty load order.

Sickboy is working to fix this for PWS. :)

@.kju

EDITED:

Thanks! problem solved!

Edited by Scar.arg

@Scar.arg

And when we use IFA3SA we have again the problem in where the soldiers fall off to prone position after running or when hitting another object..

Never heard of that and neither was there a fix for this in AiA (intentionally).

Please make a proper bug report.

wow katyusha on A3 engine looks so nice

Please need IF A3 on PWS, too much hype XD

Amazing job, I love this mod in arma 3. But i have a problem, The tanks cant be destroyed. They are indestructible.

The German tanks can be destroyed but they have no effects like fire.

And the infantry do not have reload animations in rifles like k 98 whit the hands.

I try everything, Play withSIX; manual and no errors. I have Arma3, Arma2 and OA, Iron front all games patched. I also try the lite version and the same problem

ok thanks kju, but im the only one whit this problem. Im going to try report this bug

@ Chokisss

This is why we need more info from you. :)

First of all this is awesome, I love IF and I love A3 and the 2 combined is just the best thing in gaming right now imo, so thankyou for creating these addons, hopefully more and more people will give it a try.

OK here is my problem... everytime i start the game via PW6 i get a dialog box saying -

Addon 'AIA_IF_ vehicles_wheeled' requires Addon 'LIB_wheeled_A3'

I use the following modset - CBA_A3, @IFA3, @IFA3SA, @AllinArma

i can create missions, however, if i try to preview missions that contain vehicles the game crashes completely, missions with infantry only are fine.

Also when I try to access 'Scenarios' the game crashes.

Anyone else have this problem? is there something I am doing wrong? or maybe a fix?

Cheers.

Edited by beansy

beansy i think your problem is you need install community patchs for arma 3, or download @ifa3m from lite version

Edited by Chokisss

beansy i think your problem is you need install community patchs for arma 3, or download @ifa3m from lite version

what are the community patches and where do I get them?

and you think I need the lite version? I own IF full game and have all the @ifa3 addons installed, will adding the lite ones on top of the full addons really help? if so why aren't they already combined automatically in the full addons?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180218-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-community-patches-(Arma-version-only

And no, you dont need lite version

Patch the mod

Download IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.12.exe

Run the 1.12 full patch

If you have the DLC also download IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07.exe (Steam or Digital)

Run the DLC 1.07 patch

Q: The A3 patches does not detect the game folder?

A: Try moving the patch exe directly into the A3 game folder before launching it.

Q: The patch still cant find it - what now?

Move the patch exe into the A3 game folder.

Make sure the modfolders (@IF / @LIB_DLC_1) are in the A3 game folder as well.

Unzip the IronFront_*_CommunityPatch_1.xx-1.xx.exe until the exe has a*blueish icon* (use 7z/winzip/winrar/etc).

Create a shortcut to the exe and add it as parameter) (or use command line (win+R)).

Launch it with -incurrentfolder parameter.

updating with 1.12 got an immediate error message... 'error found in file @IF/ADDONS/BARANOW_DATAPBO

if I click 'ignore' many many more errors appearing, HUNDREDS LOL

If I'm doing this do I still need pw6 and all the addons? should I uninstall everything, reinstall then begin again?

because right now NOTHING works, Arma3, Iron Front and IF in A3 - all completely broken, an hour ago before I followed your 'advice' EVERYTHING worked except vehicles in IF missions lol, are you trolling me?

edit - I have wiped everything, Arma 2, OA and Arma 3 plus IF and PW6 and all the addons, everything deleted.

I await someone who has half a clue to give me some guidance as to how to get this all fixed and running properly.

Edited by beansy