.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Any servers running this mod at the moment? Could not find any tonight.

See this thread: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7090216

ask on that thread if there are any, someone should give you a response about servers.

Hazzard best use this thread for arma2CO version of IF not the arma3 section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170688-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-2-Combined-Operations

or post on the IF Fan forums here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=382477

As for Play with six idk if there is still an issue with the program, you may want to try the manual way, review the wiki, or see it on the MR:

http://www.missionrepository.com/iron-front-mod-for-arma2co

Make sure your are meeting the requirements, as the conversion tool checks your registry for both legit and installed vanilla IF and Arma2CO.

See this thread: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7090216

ask on that thread if there are any, someone should give you a response about servers.

Hazzard best use this thread for arma2CO version of IF not the arma3 section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170688-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-2-Combined-Operations

or post on the IF Fan forums here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=382477

As for Play with six idk if there is still an issue with the program, you may want to try the manual way, review the wiki, or see it on the MR:

http://www.missionrepository.com/iron-front-mod-for-arma2co

Make sure your are meeting the requirements, as the conversion tool checks your registry for both legit and installed vanilla IF and Arma2CO.

Thanks mate for your help, yes the weird thing is that I already did the process to convert IF on Arma III and it worked in the past, then I uninstalled it as my SSD is so small and I could not keep everything :( , and now I'am having problems but I'am following same steps I did when it worked uhm weird.

So I don't know, look like a problem with Play or maybe when I uninstalled IF on A3 something remained and now it's messing my installation.

I may wait for playwithsix to update or maybe do a fresh installation from zero uhm

Well thanks for your help really , I'am in super hype to try it ahah

I'm holding off till the DLC community patch is made available. I won't ask for an ETA, your efforts have been too generous ;)

Oh I assumed that it wasn't finalized since I couldn't find them on gameupdates. Thanks!

Hey thank you for this mod! I do have a problem though. I can't seem to install it manually correctly. When I run it through with playwithsix it works fine but I want to be able to run it through my other mods through my Arma 3 Launcher. Is there a way to take the mods from Playwithsix and put it in my Game Folder? I tried taking the files from Documents/Arma 3 but it didn't work.

Sorry for the delay to respond!

@ Scar.arg

The link is fixed now. Sorry about that!

@ HaZZarD

The standalone does not include the Iron Front content and cannot.

It is just the arma content required by Iron Front.

The conversion is still needed to get the Iron Front content to arma.

In simple terms it means you need to download less than before.

AiA SA: 13 GB vs IFA3SA: 2.6 GB

And for the LITE version it is a complete package now.

Does that help?

What do you mean with PWS bug?

You have made a collection with both LITE and full version.

@ the chief

Will get our server online later today.

The name and IP are listed in the wiki.

@ Kothen

The most simple would be to use junctions.

This way you can link a folder to a different location.

Check this tool:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/heaven/wiki/Virtual_folders_and_files

I finally got this working after 3h of struggling against starting from the right beginning of getting even the IF work again. I'm loving it!

:yay:

Nothing guys, I tried and retried with play with six but I still get errors and missing files, I can launch the game but it's clearing missing files.

It worked in the past version for me and my friends but now we are in four people and all unable to make the PWS version to work.

Maybe PWS is failing to activate the requirements ? what are the needed files ? @CBA_A3 + @IFA3 + @IFA3SA ?

sorry for bothering but we just want to plat it : ) the only problem is that not many of my friends are willing to do the process manually so I need solve this issue with PWS.

cheers

Nothing guys, I tried and retried with play with six but I still get errors and missing files, I can launch the game but it's clearing missing files.

It worked in the past version for me and my friends but now we are in four people and all unable to make the PWS version to work.

Maybe PWS is failing to activate the requirements ? what are the needed files ? @CBA_A3 + @IFA3 + @IFA3SA ?

sorry for bothering but we just want to plat it : ) the only problem is that not many of my friends are willing to do the process manually so I need solve this issue with PWS.

cheers

I've @CBA + @LIB_DLC_1 + @IF_Other_Addons + @IF + @IFA3SA + @IFA3M + @IFA3

@ HaZZarD

Unfortunately patching with PWS is still broken, if you have 1.63 (and not 1.62).

Also it updates only to 1.08 and not 1.12, nor is direct conversion and patching for A3 possible.

Sickboy and me will try to get that sorted tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

Sorry for the hassle. :( Either wait for the PWS update or use the manual approach for now.

@ .kju

No problem dude , just good to know it was a PWS problem, looking forward for it

WWII on Arma III is so much needed so please keep up the good work : )

Hi! I wondering if it is just me or is there no sound for the wheelbased US vehicles? You hear that the engine starts but when it is moving it is total silence. The russian & german wheelbased vehicles has sound.. BUT! I have to say this mod is so amazing! Thank you so much for working with this!

Edited by markgren

ahh! allright! many thanks! Once again! you guys made a wonderful job with this!!

Hi Guys!

First i want to thank you for undergoing this big task of making Iron Front playable under ARMA 3. Secondly i am getting grey hairs over it!

I own ARMA 3, i bought the Deluxe / Gold Version of Iron Front via Steam and downloaded the Conversion Tool. My ARMA 3 is installed on a different SSD then the rest of Steam and Iron Front are. I set the correct path to my ARMA 3 root in the conversion tool (in both fields for A2 and A2 OA). I downloaded the following files and placed them in the ARMA 3 root: IFA3 and IFA3SA and run the conversion tool. After it is done it reports that everything was successful but i notice that in the conversion tools startup parameter line one folder is listed that does not exsist in my ARMA 3 root after the conversion: @IF_Other_Addons?!?

Then i try to apply the patches, starting with the one from version 1.05-1.11. It always gives me the error message that i either do not have the game installed or that it might be broken. I follow the instructions for such a case and place it in the ARMA 3 root and execute it from there.... no succsess either. So i would really appreciate it, if someone could help and enlighten me, what i can do to finally make it happen.

Edited by Jazzman

Is this mod actually played allot on servers? Because i remember when Iron Front came out, after a month the game was already almost dead.

Look back a few pages, Someone else made a similar statment and kju posted a link to some server list or some server links or something similar, hopefully that can help you out.

Your welcome.

@ Jazzman I suggest you to wait for the Play With Six version to be fixed, then will be lot easier , you will need just one click and the job is done

@ Jazzman you have to unzip the patch.exe until patch.exe has TOH icon, then make shortcut from it and launch it with -incurrentfolder parameter. Make sure that patch.exe is in same folder where your mod is.

@ Jazzman I suggest you to wait for the Play With Six version to be fixed, then will be lot easier , you will need just one click and the job is done
Very close! A little bird chilped in my ears it can be any day now ;-)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing we have to do now is download the IFA3SA 2014 09 29 (2.6 GB) patch and also own the game Iron Front and go through the conversion process. Is that correct?

I have the stand alone game IF1944 but avoided to convert because of the large AiA file (more then 11 gb)we had to download. So is this the case?

Sorry for asking but there are many many pages to read and my time is limited right now.

Edited by Nikiforos

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing we have to do now is download the IFA3SA 2014 09 29 (2.6 GB) patch and also own the game Iron Front and go through the conversion process. Is that correct?

I have the stand alone game IF1944 but avoided to convert because of the large AiA file (more then 11 gb)we had to download. So is this the case?

You also need to download IFA3. I missed that one and almost thought I've to start the process again.