.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

;2704448']@ ikmn

Unfortunately the rpt log shows nothing special.

First off please create a report in the A3 FT and attach the crash logs for BI there.

What we can try is to narrow down the source of the crash:

1) Can you replicate it outside your mission?

2) What seems to trigger it? Every entity or just soldiers? Every soldier vs some specific one? And so on.

Yes I can replicate it outside my mission. I made several new missions, no scripts other than mapclick teleport so I can test this. Not 100% everytime but pretty much about 50% if I teleport near a group of German infantry the game crashes CTD. I played all sorts of various combinations using IFA3 ver 1.10. I played as OPFOR and BLUEFOR, German, Soviet and whenever I get near a group of German infantry about 50% of the time the game CTDs. If I teleport near Soviet infantry, Soviet tanks, German tanks, trucks, APCs, CSAT, NATO, no CTDs the game is fine. The thing is I would blame BIS but this does not happen in ver 1.08 in IFA3. I can teleport around the map all day while mission building in IFA3 ver 1.08 and never have a single CTD. This all started with ver 1.09 and seem to have same problem in ver 1.10. At least for me... it seems to only effect groups of German infantry so maybe that is the entity that is the cause. As I said... this does not happen with BLU_F, RKKA or any other faction. It does not happen with the axis tanks or apcs or trucks but only a group of infantry so it seems. I did look at my RPT file and I have some errors - about missing speech files, as well as soldiers being unable to store certain items in their vests. Is it possible some of the sounds are messed up and when the infantry leader speaks it cause game to CTD??? Also, I don't want to make this sound like a huge problem. I can play the game for hours without a CTD as long as I don't teleport near a group of German infantry. In a mission nobody is going to be teleporting around I just do that for testing out things to see what is going on while mission building. It's annoying for certain, but I haven't had any actual 'gameplay' problems... yet. But I need to spend more time playing and less time scripting so I don't know if this is a problem that will creep up during play or not.

The rpt stuff is standard.

Does it only happen when you teleport or also when you get close to them in general?

Did you try with IF lite yet to see if it makes any difference?

Sadly cannot think of any change of 1.09 that might cause this.

Would be necessary to narrow the source more for this.

Haven't been keeping up with this well. Are the US troops working? I would like to try some D-DAY stuff tomorrow.

@ Pilot996

No progess on US/DLC content sadly.

I am having this kind of error but with scenarios, so I am unable to play any mission. The game seems really weird too, it is like the Arma 2 and Arma 3 menu try to mix each other and it give something really buggy.

Have I done something wrong?

arma3 crashes with this error message.

file:

missions_DE_LIB\campaign\missions\missions\LIB_GER _CAMP_01.

Panovo\mission.sqm, line 0: 'raP': '•' encountered instead of '='

Oh and, I have this error when I start the game with the launcher. Maybe my AllinArma is broken?

Addon 'AiA_Animations2' requires addon 'AiA_Core'

@.kju,

A few other things I noticed. About the problem with the game CTDing on teleporting near Germany soldiers - it also CTD - with SG_STURM, the LNRD_LUFT faction as well. But like I said before I tried to get it to CTD with BLU_FOR after loading the IFA3 mod and it will not CTD with BLU_FOR NATO - it seems to be the IF Germany units that also cause my CTDs. Also I've tried @ALLinARMA and @ALLinARMASTANDALONE and it CTDs with either one. As well I created a mission for IF on Staszow and happened to be using AiAStandalone. If I try to play the same mission using AiA (non standalone) it says I am missing files and can't play mission without AiAStandalone. Just thought you should know. I did notice the German units are speaking English if that matters... I really can't figure out why I get these CTDs when I teleport near a group of German soldiers. However, I played several hours and do not seem to be getting CTDs if I just play a mission without cheating (teleporting).

cheers

k

p.s. - I did some more testing tonight - seems if I equip RPZB I get CTD. Especially, if I try to view my character in 3rd person view. This might explain why I am getting CTDs with axis units some of the time. Maybe if it's an AT group equipped with RPZB I get the CTD, but if its an infantry group without RPZB I don't get CTD?? Also I do not have any animation when reloading for RPZB or BazookaM1. Bazooka no CTD, but RPZB CTD in 3rd person view. Wonder if something changed with RPZB in Ver 1.09 and 1.10. Just a hunch. Maybe I just had a bad patch or something when upgrading manually from 1.08. Anyway... at least the RPZB seems to be my problem - whether its a problem with IFA3 or just a bad install on my end not sure. Hope it helps - sorrow if I am putting you on a wild chase or something with these error reports.

-confirmed - did a bit more testing - some of the Soviet engineers have RPzB if I get near them, equip RPzB myself or get near any unit with RPzB game CTDs. Maybe it's my install but could someone please check this out for me and see if they can replicate the error? ty

Edited by ikmn

Hi there,

We're playing an Iron Front in ARMA 3 small sized mission in right around 15-30 minutes. We could use somewhere around 5-8 people. Join the ARMA 3 channel @ ts.fcvgaming.net on teamspeak 3.

Is it possible to create a server using the headless client (have a linux box running an a3 server), if so is there a guide on setting one up?

@ redleouf

It seems your AiA install got corrupted or your startup parameters.

Best post the rpt log file.

I will try to release 1.11 patch tonight to work around the campaign/scenarios issues for now.

@ ikmn

Great job narrowing down the CTD to the RPzB!

We had this problem before and got it working in A3 - it seems we have to re-do the model to get rid of the problem once and for all.

Can you please make also a crash report in the A3 feedback tracker, so that BI can solve the CTD itself.

@ Pewpewchewchew

There is one or more Iron Front groups in steam, our public Skype group and the PvP skype group, and the IF fan forum

you may want to look into to promote it. :)

@ lordhughes

Please refer to a thread about headless client.

HC does not relate to a mod. The specific mission has to support it and your server (correctly configured).

Croatian WW2 Home Guard & Ustashi army (Independent State of Croatia) (W.I.P.)

ISC will be included in standard IFA3 mod as well as many other expansions. ISC will include croatian Home Guard and Ustashi army, fighting on side of (Fascist) Independent State of Croatia, and croatian & yugoslavian partisans (ZAVNOH & ZAVNOJ), antifascist (Communist) guerilla fighters.

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00005.jpg (355 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00006.jpg (220 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00007.jpg (420 kB)

;2707368']

@ lordhughes

Please refer to a thread about headless client.

HC does not relate to a mod. The specific mission has to support it and your server (correctly configured).

ah yes of course, sorry silly question.

So just a case of uploading the IF44 mod folder and adding it to my severs mod line?

big upload :(

oh ok I should be able to just wget it straight to the box :D even quicker.

Thanks for your replies, sorry for the daft questions.

Croatian WW2 Home Guard & Ustashi army (Independent State of Croatia) (W.I.P.)

ISC will be included in standard IFA3 mod as well as many other expansions. ISC will include croatian Home Guard and Ustashi army, fighting on side of (Fascist) Independent State of Croatia, and croatian & yugoslavian partisans (ZAVNOH & ZAVNOJ), antifascist (Communist) guerilla fighters.

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00005.jpg (355 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00006.jpg (220 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5083/2014-06-09_00007.jpg (420 kB)

Looks good! Can't wait!

;2707368']

@ ikmn

Great job narrowing down the CTD to the RPzB!

We had this problem before and got it working in A3 - it seems we have to re-do the model to get rid of the problem once and for all.

Can you please make also a crash report in the A3 feedback tracker' date=' so that BI can solve the CTD itself.

[/quote']

Filed crash report with BIS.

News flash:

• 1.11 has been released (hotfix for the campaign and mission selection crashes)
  • No update for @IFA3 this time
  • Make sure to use the latest AiA SA (including patch 2 and 3)

Play withSIX support will take a few more days unfortunately, so you have to download both and apply the patch yourself for now.

;2707820']@ ikmn

Thanks! You forgot to attach the crash logs though. :bounce3:

Anyone else please also attach YOUR crash logs there as well!

Well they already closed my report and replied back for me to contact the mod developer as they don't fix bugs involving mods or something a long those lines.

Hello' date='

unfortunately, unless you can crash your game with vanilla data only, there is not much we can do.

Mods are not official content from Bohemia Interactive and we are not responsible for their content. I advise to contact the mod authors again and try to solve the problem with them.

If you manage to get isolated repro steps (on unmoded data), we will take a look at them.

Sorry for inconveniences, have a nice day.[/quote']

IDK what it is with RPzB but you guys fixed the bazooka it works without crashing game anymore must be similar issue with the launchers. I have not tried Panzerfaust yet will look at it.

cheers

k

@ ikmn and Alduric

I've talked to Dwarden. If the report is more detailed, aka specific step by step reproduction

with demo mission and whole setup explained, they will probably take a look.

Both RPzB and Bazooka cause CTD to some people. We already reworked both models,

but its hard as we don't know what causes the crash exactly and the tools/game do not give more specific info..

In any case we will try to change the models once more.

Made hide old content mods available as separate download in the AiA files section.

Let me know if there are issues or you need further mods to hide content.

Hello,

Just a silly question.

Do we still need to download the whole package of AllinArma to play Iron Front as Arma 3 mod?

I already got the Iron Front game but the limited harddisk space discourage me from downloading the whole AllinArma. Any solution to this?

Thank you

@ Nikiforos

To save HDD space, you can do the following:

1. Delete Iron Front standalone after the conversion
  2. Use the old AiA version when you still have A2+OA installed
  3. Use AiA SA lite
  4. Use IF Arma lite