.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Kju, i have not find a single solution, yet i want to play this mod so bad, I don't understand what the key thing you told me, I did all the possibilities based on my limit, Please, help me with this.

What do you mean with the registry key? In full detail,

Instruct me what to begin with, Please.

You're the modder of this mod, so you're able to provide me with help,

As said in the previous post:

Please in detail,

What should i do with the Registry key?

All i need is to get the patch runnig,

If i can do that. then i get to play it.

@ .kju [PvPscene]

I try to send you a message, but:

.kju [PvPscene] has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

@ Tzar

What about the IF fan forum?

What about the Lite version?

@ LODU

Should work again.

Hey guys, i want to make a group charge a position, just run straight and no cover and fire(that they usually do). Even when i set there behavior to careless and speed full, they just walk and jog a little with there weapons down.

anyone help me?

Not sure if this should be in the VAS thread or IF MOD thread but I noticed the IF pistols do not work with VAS ammobox. Everything else seems to work fine - uniforms, vests, rifles, items, etc.. At first I thought maybe it was a uniform issue where the pistols didn't have a holster or something along those lines - but if I add a default A3 pistol to the box I can equip my IF soldiers with it. Tried all the pistols M1895, TT33, Luger and also the 1911 from the DLC and none of them work with VAS. They do work fine in a regular ammo crate. Just wondered if it was something in the config for the IF pistols that could be worked out? I doubt the creator of VAS is going to fix it for IF pistols and VAS is probably the best ammobox would be great to have it fully functional for IFA3.

cheers

k

Even when i set there behavior to careless and speed full, they just walk and jog a little with there weapons down.

anyone help me?

Yes. Group will always walk, if set to SAFE or CARELESS. But try this:

1. name somehow enemy, toward which units should charge. Eg: myenemy;

2. Paste that code into init field of one unit of the group, that should perform a charge:

chargePos = position myenemy;(group this) enableAttack false;(group this) setBehaviour "CARELESS";(group this) setCombatMode "BLUE";{_x allowFleeing 0;_x setUnitPos "UP";_x disableAI "TARGET";_x disableAI "AUTOTARGET";_x doMove [(chargePos select 0) + (random 20) - 10,(chargePos select 1) + (random 20) - 10,0]} foreach (units (group this));

Tested shortly for A3 vanilla. If you remove _x allowFleeing 0; part, there will be chance for collapsing the charge due to fleeing behaviour, often eg. if TL will die. You can also use instead of single group with many members, many one-man "groups", in such case each unit should have this code in his init field (one per group).

@ ikmn

Probably an inheritance issue. Should be fixed in the next patch.

Thanks .kju - I think what you guys are doing is awesome with the conversion. Also any time frame on when V1.09 will be on PW6?? I did patch to 1.09 manually and it's just awesome but I did have some errors and issues with PW6 so am eager to do a fresh reinstall with PW6 to V1.09 - Anyway, just so great what you are doing for us ARMA WWII fans. cheers

k

@ ikmn

Hopefully in 1-2 weeks.

News flash:

• 1.10 has been released
  • Don't forget to get the latest @IFA3
  • Make sure to use the latest AiA SA (including patch 2 and 3)

Play withSIX support will take some time unfortunately (2-3 weeks), so you have to download both and apply the patch yourself for now.

Sorry for the stupid question but is this the arma 3 only or do still need arma 2 also installed thanks?

@ bravo409

It is a good question actually. :)

Soon there will be patches directly for A3. The conversion process does not need A2CO necessarily either.

The basic difficulty is that we have to keep the conversion and patching system due to legal constraints (instead of just a standard mod).

However you can also use AiA SA combined with IFA3 lite (if you don't mind the bad texture quality or don't own Iron Front).

ok so if I want this to work I need to get the conversion for ifa3 and then patch it with 1.10 .ps.s I have iron front..then it will work or is there a new guide pretty much lost on this sorry.

Are there any good multiplayer servers to play on? I haven't found any when searching through the huge list of servers within Arma 3.

first ran the installation with playwithsix successful.

But now I run into this error when clicking scenarios or campaign in a3.

arma3 crashes with this error message.

file:

missions_DE_LIB\campaign\missions\missions\LIB_GER_CAMP_01.

Panovo\mission.sqm, line 0: 'raP': '•' encountered instead of '='

is this a known issue or is it on my side? you think any file might be corrupt? I tried to re-install everything with six but same issue again.

thanks in advance.

Edited by mike187

@ mike182

Important notice:

It seems like BI changed something in the engine that broke their format for compressed missions.

I will ask others for assistance and see what can be done.

Unless BI will hotfix it (unlikely), there will be a hotfix for AiA in the coming days.

So not your side. :) Sorry for the inconvenience but just became aware of it myself today.

;2702644']@ mike182

mportant notice:

It seems like BI changed something in the engine that broke their format for compressed missions.

I will ask others for assistance and see what can be done.

Unless BI will hotfix it (unlikely)' date=' there will be a hotfix for AiA in the coming days.

So not your side. :) Sorry for the inconvenience but just became aware of it myself today.[/quote']

Awesome to hear, having IF in A3 editor etc. is awesome but being able to play the IF campaign with A3 sounds like a dream come true!

Can we use AIASTANDALONE to install now or do we still have to have A2/OA??

@ tvamvarg

At least the first 1-3 campaign missions are broken each in A3.

Best play it in A2:CO if you don't want to skip them.

@ ikmn

To play you can use AiA SA yes. For the initial install one still needs A2:CO/OA for the patch to find the install location.

If you use the LITE version, no A2:CO/OA is needed for the install.

@ ikmn

To play you can use AiA SA yes. For the initial install one still needs A2:CO/OA for the patch to find the install location.

If you use the LITE version, no A2:CO/OA is needed for the install.

Ok I got it working with AIAStandalone. No error messages either using BAT launcher. So I moved everything @IF related to my A3 directory and it runs fine V 1.10. Question though? Can I delete A2/OA now? What about future patches will it will find the mod files in A3 directory or will I need to keep the files in A2/OA to patch and move them again? FYI the pistols work with VAS now too thanks for patching that so fast. I do want to say though I get some lock up CTD since ver 1.09 and v1.10 and I can make it happen repeatedly. If I have mapclick set player position enabled (for mission testing) and map click near a large group of AI the game will CTD everytime as it trys to render the units on screen. It doesn't do this in ver 1.08. It could be a graphics driver problem or just too many AI in my mission - but it does not do this in ver 1.08 after repeated tests of reinstalling 1.08, 1.09, 1.10 so many times I've driven myself mad. lol - I apologize I am work today and should have included a crash log or RPT before reporting this and I won't be able to until tmrw when I get back home. FWIW, if I map click near a couple of groups of AI the game does not crash until I close the map and as it is rendering the units on screen it locks up ARMA and CTD with the units still in a lower level of LOD. It's like it's trying to draw them on screen at low level LOD and then CTD. When I get home tmrw will send you a crash log and RPT. Otherwise, the MOD is coming a long great really impressed with it.

cheers

k

@ ikmn

Crashes only BI can fix; at times a modder can work around them, but one has to narrow it down very well or nail the source.

So you have better chances to report the crash to BI here: http://feedback.arma3.com and check http://feedback.arma3.com/how-to-user.html.

Rpt log files are a minimum needed for me to look into issues. See this guide for a good report:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki#Known-issues

In regards to patching - its a complex and annoying process, but unfortunately a requirement by the publisher..

There will be patches for A3 itself soon, and a complete patch. Thats all I can do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qjv1t8qoz6zdei/a3crash4kju.zip

.Kju here is the crash report files from my appdata folder for A3. I don't know what any of it means or how to read it. The game crashes CTD with IFA3 with ver1.09 or 1.10 anytime I teleport mapclick in my mission to a group of AI or walk up on them. Ver 1.08 I have no crashes CTD. I am not using any addons for AI like UPSMON or UPS or anything other than BIS_FNC_TASKPATROL in the mission.

cheers

k

@ ikmn

Unfortunately the rpt log shows nothing special.

First off please create a report in the A3 FT and attach the crash logs for BI there.

What we can try is to narrow down the source of the crash:

1) Can you replicate it outside your mission?

2) What seems to trigger it? Every entity or just soldiers? Every soldier vs some specific one? And so on.