.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Thanks for the PM's guys, I have replied, I'd be interested in helping out, assuming you are making a new mod for Arma3, I have a range of Waffen ss models and textures that were used in a mod in Red Orchestra recently, Wehrmacht could easily be made with a change of texture maps. The other ideas I have, concern making a range of 1940's civilians to populate the towns and villages of any new maps, which could then double up as partizan's, especially for eastern front scenarios.

However, you have to realise that I'm new to Arma3, and I'm a noob as far as the mechanics of this game are concerned and there may be a bit of a learning curve for me to climb before I'll be of any use.

So, I have some questions for you now, the first being are you making a mod for Arma3?

Can you get new infantry/character PBO's into Arma3?

What assets to you already have in terms of models and maps?

And finally who's on your mod team and doing what.

I really hope I can be of some help, as I'd like to see IF upgraded and played on the Arma3 engine. Anyway, here's a few more samples of ww2 items.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/poomtang/01-04-201323-49-34_zps0bffa9af.png (297 kB)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/poomtang/01-04-201318-40-39_zpsfce9b18a.png (395 kB)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/poomtang/01-04-201321-21-49_zps417372fa.png (331 kB)

regards

Chris

sounds good Chris :)

Please check my PM and reply to it. Thanks!

As long as the models/textures/other are your own or you have the permission to use them for arma and make a public release, it will be fine.

Civilians are missing in Iron Front and would be a great addition. :)

To clarify: We are just porting the Iron Front content to Arma2/3, try to support the new features/technology and improve/tweak the content to some degree.

So far there is no additional content yet in these packs. However it is not limit to it, new content is certainly possible. Another option is to make new content

a separate release, just compatible to Iron Front in Arma. That's more about you. With Play withSIX and maybe the future BI system the download/sync is secondary.

Do you mean you are also new to Arma in terms of playing and you are locking for a team or organized event to participate?

Or were you mostly referring to modding?

For infantry/new units/weapons the important part is to get the format converted to p3d and into the o2/addon builder tool.

To configure new content (aside from vehicles) is rather easy and can be assisted.

In general it would be a good idea for you to join the Skype group chat relevant to you:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131825-Skype-groups-amp-other-contact-groups

The editing forum and BI wiki contain lots of resources to help you step into the world of arma modding.

Can't tell you the best one for infantry units in A3 though as its not my area of expertise.

As for your question:

1) We are not making a separate mod aside from IFA3. However as explained above there are various options.

2) The config part is rather easy as long as you get the model and textures into the necessary format and state.

3) No new models or maps - or do you mean with Iron Front itself offers?

4) Team: me (leading, orga, release, conversion, configs, scripting), tierprot (infantry, cars), Shvetz (weapons, tanks)

Does that help?

.kju,

Just wanted to say the mod is very much appreciated. I do not want to come across as being critical of all the hard work. I was just wondering is there a list of vehicles\objects that are not working? I have been trying to create a mission for IFA3 but it is frustrating because some of the vehicles the driver can not be killed. In fact in almost all the cars I have tested the driver is invunerable. The same for some of the static weapons. What about the tanks? Just wondering if there was a list of what is working and not. Again, thank you for converting this to A3, we are very grateful. I understand that it is WIP and not 100% working - just wondering if there was a list of vehicles that are finished to use in missions.

Also, was wondering for the vehicles that are not working is it possible to put a script in the init that will EJECT the driver of the vehicle and LOCK it if it is damaged beyond a certain percent as a work around? I tried but it failed - not sure if it was my scripting or just an issue that is beyond being able to script around?? cheers and thank you for all the hard work on the mod.

@ ikmn

The crew is actually injured and killed. The problem is the death anim is not played.

If you look closely, you can see it in the faces of the crew. :)

This has technical reasons and will be taken care of soon.

Good thinking with auto ejecting of crew when dead and this will be indeed in the next patch as temp fix. :bounce3:

;2689261']@ ikmn

The crew is actually injured and killed. The problem is the death anim is not played.

If you look closely' date=' you can see it in the faces of the crew. :)

This has technical reasons and will be taken care of soon.

Good thinking with auto ejecting of crew when dead and this will be indeed in the next patch as temp fix. :bounce3:[/quote']

Thank you for replying to me so soon .kju - That is great news that the crew is actually being damaged and it's just the animation problem. I setup a loop script to eject the crew when vehicle damage was >70% - I shot up the truck with MG and it ejected the driver I was so pleased thought had the problem solved. But then I tested again and fired an HE round and probably killed the driver too and he did not eject. Although at the time, I thought it was my script that was faulty. But now that I realize the driver is actually dead maybe that is why script not eject.

I'll have to run some more tests - I am trying to create a sandbox type domi style mission for IFA3 and as long as I can get the enemy trucks to despawn/delete when destroyed I'll be very happy. I did run some tests with static weapons and the animations seemed to be working somewhat for the ATG guns and the AAA guns but the mortars seemed to be a little flaky. Thanks again for this MOD and all the hard work on the conversion. It looks amazing in A3 engine. I am so looking forward to getting back to work on my mission as well as the next release from the mod team. I keep checking this thread everyday for the next release. LOL

cheers

k

KJU, this worked pretty good in a script that I put in veh init with vehicles created in editor. However, when spawning a vehicle via script I get an error on line 7 expected OBJECT not GROUP. Bah

private ["_veh","_run","_crew"];

_veh = _this select 0;
_run = true;

while {_run} do {
_crew = crew _veh;
if ({alive _x} count (crew _veh) == 0) then {
	{_x setpos getpos _veh} foreach crew _veh;
	_run =false;
};
sleep 1;
};

2014_05_14_00002.jpg

2014_05_14_00003.jpg

cheers

k

Edited by ikmn

Hello Kju, I'm Tzar.

So, i have been a problem with your mod. So far, I'l go on with detail.

So, i did what the Manual step told me to do, The problem is

- When ever i clicked the community patch that i download It say's Iron Front arma version is not installed or either corrupted.

-When i did the Conversion it say's Arma bad key or whatever it is given and it just quit's ARMA II

-I can't Install the patch or at least i don't know how. Since i installed this mod 2 times on other computer last year, but i forgot.

Plus here's what i did just for the mod

It took me 3 days

-Day1, Install ARMA 2

-Day2, Install ARMA CO

-Day3, Download all the Patch and stuff, i've downloaded them for 5X times or more,

So, please. Help me, I wanted to play this so bad, I'm highly impressed by this mod, It's one of the reason i've waited 3 Days for this. Please make a video on how to install the Manual or either Go on Detailed with the Manual setup, Since i do not know when or how to Patch my Iron Front, or either make step's with Picture provided to be more detailed,

Your Setup guide for manual isn't detailed enough.

Nor is the PlayWithSix, I didn't get to make it work.

Thank you,

Tzar

@ Tzar

It appears that either your registry keys are not present or corrupted.

This is a requirement (set by the publisher) (and the patching system we use) for the whole process.

So make sure you run A2, OA and IF with admin permission once to get the registry entries written.

Please verify this, try it again and come back.

PS: Are you are aware of the video install guide for Play withSIX, yet?

Yes, i have watched your video, although mine didn't seem to worked like yours.

My IF, ArmAII and ARMAIII Are Steam version, but last year i was able to get IF Running in the Steam version with a Bat launcher. So, please Instruct me detailedly, "With Admin permission"? When ever i launched A2 It say's Addon "Colevile" requires stazzow island". Which quit's my game when i reach the Bohemia Intro.

unless, When you said registry key You mean Patch, I've already tried to do so and the Admin thing didn't appear like the, NO- YES- CANCEL, It just launch the Patch and the Error showed up

PS: I spent all night trying to get this working.

And i launch the game trough your Conversion Application,

And in Playwithsix i did everything you said in the Video, but when i entered I spawned a soldier, it gives me an error, And it won't let me play Editor, or sometimes The map is not there, Except OMAHA. it's like the IF Isn't even loaded.

Edited by Tzar

@ Tzar

Check this guide: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html

All what you describe indicates that the conversion was not executed correctly, and the files not patch.

Delete all Iron Front folder in your Arma folder and start over. First make sure all games are registered in the registry.

If this is still too complex for you, please head to the IF fan forums and ask them to walk you through step by step.

As alternative (for now) you can get the LITE version via Play withSIX.

Start over? What step do i follow? and when do i patch IF? after conversion or before?

Am i supposed to start over the manual?

Plus i get this "LIB_Core" for LIB_Ger_Uniform Error in the start of the game

@ Tzar

Unfortunately I have very little time right now and will be gone for some days.

Either you seek assistance in the suggested IF community forum or read back in this thread when this was already explained in more detail.

Looking back at 1 from 52 Pages is a burden, and seeking assistance, Who am i supposed to asK? Also, i did what you said restart all over, and this time 1.06 Won't run like 1.07! I have finished the Conversion, But same things happened! LIB_GER_UNIFORM_CORE, And COLEVILE ADDONS NEED STAZOW This is frustrating, All i want to do is play your mod. And Yet, all the PATCH Won't WORK No matter how much i download them!

again

a) first your registry entries

b) seek step by step advice in the said forum

c) use the lite version instead

Please in detail,

What should i do with the Registry key?

All i need is to get the patch runnig,

If i can do that. then i get to play it.

I've been playing with this for a little while now and I must say it's awesome! I know this has been asked before so feel free to not answer me, but I was simply wondering if there were any news regarding the D-Day DLC progress?

Im wondering how well this works with ALiVE, Ive been trying to work this with ALiVE but im having problems finding the codes for the factions to use as units, can some help me out here, LIB_GER/LIB_SOV dosent work and ive tried other combinations. Thanks.

Im wondering how well this works with ALiVE, Ive been trying to work this with ALiVE but im having problems finding the codes for the factions to use as units, can some help me out here, LIB_GER/LIB_SOV dosent work and ive tried other combinations. Thanks.

Hi Mate

Try these:

Iron Front Factions

LIB_LUFTWAFFE

LNRD_Luft

LIB_PANZERWAFFE

LIB_WEHRMACHT

SG_STURM

LIB_RKKA

LIB_USSR_AIRFORCE

LIB_USSR_TANK_TROOPS

LIB_GUER

LIB_US_AIRFORCE

LIB_US_ARMY

LIB_US_TANK_TROOPS

News flash:

• 1.09 has been released
  • Don't forget to get the latest @IFA3

Play withSIX support will take some time unfortunately (2-3 weeks), so you have to download both and apply the patch yourself for now.

@ DannyNickelov

We are still looking for a modeler to help us with the US uniforms. :(

Shvetz is working on the tanks, and tierprot on the cars - doing the conversion and tweaking physx takes a lot of time.

Hi Kju.

Thanks once again for sharing with the community. Wonderful work! Could you tell me please, to run IFL:44 in Arma 3, will it run with the AllinArma standalone mod? I have both the AinA SA and the older AinA mod.

much appreciated

@ the chief

You can sure:

-mod=@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaStandalone;@IFA3M;@IFA3

KJU, i get this error message in IFA3 after patching to 1.09 - also used DL the new @IFA3 too. Any clue what I am missing?

2014_05_25_00003.jpg

@ ikmn

Upload the rpt log file please.