.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

We mostly need modelers to convert stuff to A3 standards.

That said good scripting or config knowledge is also useful for some other work.

So I just went through the entire process and it went very smooth using SIX. However, all my tanks don't have any driving sound - They just keep using the "idle engine" sound when running.

So I just went through the entire process and it went very smooth using SIX. However, all my tanks don't have any driving sound - They just keep using the "idle engine" sound when running.

Thats a limitation with AiA i belive.

Nope, thats the result of absence of PhysX LOD for the vehicles and tanks. Right now we are finishing work with vehicles (some config issues left to solve) and tanks are in process of proper converting into A3 format. So, after some time, this bug will go away.

@ Sethos

Actually it is BI breaking backwards compatibility and not bothering to fix it.

;2626035']@ Sethos

Actually it is BI breaking backwards compatibility and not bothering to fix it.

Ah okay. Well, at least it isn't an issue with my installation then? Then I can live with it.

Nope, thats the result of absence of PhysX LOD for the vehicles and tanks. Right now we are finishing work with vehicles (some config issues left to solve) and tanks are in process of proper converting into A3 format. So, after some time, this bug will go away.

thats the real starting signal for this mod! :622:

Btw after the vehicles, will you also pick up the DLC playermodels?

Hey. just found this (mod today) but can't find any server? :S i'm using SIX to find server I only have the Lite version... Are there other ways to find server? The only server I can find is Empty..

Cheers Dennis

Hey. just found this (mod today) but can't find any server? :S i'm using SIX to find server I only have the Lite version... Are there other ways to find server? The only server I can find is Empty..

Cheers Dennis

The only one i can find is the PvPscene one, not sure there is any more tbh..

The only one i can find is the PvPscene one, not sure there is any more tbh..

Okay thank you... it's the same I can find I think.. But sure the game (mod) look nice would return for more update :D

bought Iron front but cant get the mod to work.

Guess Ill wait till its easier to get working

@ BL1P

Sorry to hear. However if you are not giving any details or asking for help, how should this work?

Did you check the video tutorial? What are the exact issue(s) you get? Can you upload the logs?

;2627516']@ BL1P

Sorry to hear. However if you are not giving any details or asking for help' date=' how should this work?

Did you check the video tutorial? What are the exact issue(s) you get? Can you upload the logs?[/quote']

I bought the Iron front game.

I used withSix to install the mod and its requirements for the amra3 full.

I pressed launch

It gave me a list of about 2 errors on launch. (blabla requires crane01 or something of the like)

It then gave me about 10 error boxes with no text once inside the game.

Inside the game it was flickering from Iron front loadscreen to arma3 loadscreen and I had a new GUI that looked very WII style but all the error boxes had no text in them.

I could also not press play to get onto the multiplayer screen.

I then decided to move the @ folders from the withsix install location into my arma3 root and use a .bat to launch with this line :-

-high -cpucount=5 -noBenchmark -noPause -noSplash -world=empty -skipintro -showscripterrors -mod=@CBA_A3;@ifa3;@allinarma

This also did not seem to work it was just like normal arma3 and I could see no units in the editor or anything.

So I quit and posted here.

Its no biggy m8 I can wait till its more polished and come back then ! :)

Your setup is obviously not correct BL1P. Recommend you read the manual setup and then use the batch files to launch. You will have missing parts on your commandline for sure.

Your setup is obviously not correct BL1P. Recommend you read the manual setup and then use the batch files to launch. You will have missing parts on your commandline for sure.

Yer your right m8 I didnt read the setup list of things you need to do.

I have now and there is way too much stuff to do just for this.

Thanks but like i said ill wait till I can click a button and play or not.

Lost too many hours fing about with mods in arma already :)

@ BL1P

PWS didnt recognize your A2 install directory or did you remove it?

Check the video tutorial as said before:

Or wait for AiA SA + IFA3.

;2627935']@ BL1P

PWS didnt recognize your A2 install directory or did you remove it?

Check the video tutorial as said before:

Or wait for AiA SA + IFA3.

Thanks .Kju

Ill check this out after the weekend thank you.

I was having similar problem and fix it with installing IF for A2 as well.

If you are using ArmAsync for lunch you need to add all parts of the mod installed in A2 as well to run it correctly. You need @ifa3, @if, @if_other_addons, @ifa3m + of course CBA_a3 and AiA.

Work flawlessly even characters are A3 compatible.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

BTW TacBF working on addition for IF as well so we could expect soon first missions for IF.

[/color]BTW TacBF working on addition for IF as well so we could expect soon first missions for IF.

:cancan::yay::cheers::239::drinking2:

Does the single player campaign work? I have done all steps and install if1944 to arma 3 (i have purchased if1944 and all arma-s), but german sp doesn't work, it freezes on firs mission in a grenade throwing.

@ Loredan

To play the campaigns please run the A2: CO version of Iron Front.

Arma 3 just broke too much and until BI improves backwards compatibility its just too much work.

Hey guys, is it possible to run the D Day DLC too? When patching in play withSix it tells me that basically all the content has an error ( for example "Error found in file @LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\LIB_LCVP" ) but I do have the Omaha map in the Editor. Thanks for your work btw :)

@ manfred89

It appears it failed trying to convert ot patch the DLC data.

Can you please upload the logs of PWS: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

And the A3 rpt: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

Best case make a hash list of the @LIB_DLC_1 folder in the A2:CO game folder with http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

(right mouse button on the folder -> create hashlist)