.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

@ ARJay

Awesome :yay: Put it on our A3 test server and will have a session tonight. :)

@ bravo409

Make sure to run each game once with admin permissions,

so that the game can set their path in the registry.

You can also set the path to them manually in PWS.

Did you check the

yet?

Unfortunately due to the legal situation, and the involved parties, there is no way to further simplify the process.

The I44 team is working on the A3 version for their mod. There is a thread in this forum about it. :)

There is a pretty good sound mod for the A2 version of Iron Front available.

Hopefully it will get converted to A3 eventually too.

@ Petrov321

AllInArma standalone will make the IFA3 no longer need people to have A2/OA.

The first release should be available soon.

@ snubz

For the most part it should yes. Please check: How to report issues.

be it a infantry weapons, static gun, map, tank, or plane, as said thats not realistic its to much work to release and update each file individually, there are but 20-30 guys that worked on these projects in the past year trying to get this mod released.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm only really familiar with addons, not full scale MODS. It's a shame to hear you can't easily release all the addons in one go as DLC because they were designed around a full MOD \ stand alone game. But if an Arma 3 version of IF is on its way then the converted IF version has limited life span, once the official Arma 3 version is released, so perhaps not that viable after all.

But rather than doing a full stand alone game again for Arma 3, wouldn't it be better to do a large DLC release of all the pbo's. It would probably be less work and would make the addons available to a wider audience?

Still if there is going to be a new standalone IF, released using the Arma3 engine, it shows the original was a success. So congratulations on that.

Edited by UNN

Technically it would be easy to have Iron Front as a DLC for A2: CO or A3 all the time.

So far mostly the publisher hasn't shown any willingness to do so unfortunately.

Also it would mean new financial agreements between the involved parties (DeepSilver, BI, X1).

So let me get this straight If I have arma 2 and Arma oa then I could play iron front on arma 2 engine once it is converted over to arma 2 ...p.s which I have but dont have it downloaded...does it play better on arma 2 or Arma 3? Also once its converted to arma 2 how do I get it to work just for arma 2 so I can use the sound mod you pointed out a couple post back thanks.

@ Flemdot Jr

Should be up again. Also has the ALiVE mission now available. :)

@ bravo409

You find IFA2 here. It is the more stable one for now.

Trying to install for Arma 3. Anyone else have a issue where play withsix has to convert and download all the community patches every time I restart my computer. Seems withSix isn't saving my updates. Also, I can't seem to find the Iron Front maps when I load up Arma 3 editor...I can see all the other Arma 2 maps.

I will try again and maybe give Arma 2 a try instead.

Having an absolute blast with this, don't know why I never brought it earlier, in fact I'm enjoying it stand alone as all my favorite A2 scripts work no problem but she does look great in A3 also, awesome maps.

Also there's some oddities, are the Russians supposed to have some US vehicles? And Allies don't seem to have any units I can select from editor?

Any recommended mods?

@ Petrov321

Please provide the rpt log file and the PWS logs.

are the Russians supposed to have some US vehicles?

Lend-Lease

Any recommended mods?

Designed for A2, most may not work under A3 properly or at all:

IFR mods

other

Thanks man, i just thought the Russians would have had their own vehicles in terms of the game, not real life.. i never new about the lend lease so i see it makes sense now :)

Designed for A2, most may not work under A3 properly or at all:

IFR mods

other

Actually im playing it as standalone as well as in A3, when i play standalone i can use all my favourite A2 scripts, i even downloaded your Hetman for IF :)

Anyway after 4hrs playing i love it, especially the planes, someone mentioned earlier about how great dog fighting was, well i gotta agree (thinks about joysticks and ponders fighter plane games)

Anyway does anyone know why no allied units are available in the editor unit selection? sorry thought id ask before trawling the webs.

And sounds lacking just quietly, lots of echoes but no big deal :D

;2615167']@ Petrov321

Please provide the rpt log file and the PWS logs.

I got ARMA 3 to work! I can now exit play withSix and not have to redownload everything. Looks real good and thanks to everyone who put in the effort. Now lets see some MP servers fill up!

I'm not sure how I got it working, but I'm thinking it's because I didn't run ARMA2 at least once before installing the IF mod for ARMA 3. When I tried installing the mod for ARMA 2, withSix gave me a message saying I need to run ARMA2 before, I didn't get that installing for ARMA3.

After running all my ARMA2 and IF at least once, I then deleted anything @IF in my ARMA mod folders. I started up withSix and installed the modset for ARMA3. I noticed when the community patch was extracting, I have to click OK (didn't have to do that before). Everything loaded up and I can now see all IF maps in ARMA3 editor.

Been mentioned a couple times in the thread, but it never hurts to bring it up again:

Some of the tanks sounds: cannon, engine, and turret turning, are all obscenely loud.

IE: T-34/76, T-34/85. Compare their sounds to that of a Panzer IV, M2 Slammer, or T-100. I can sit in a Blackfoot (was experimenting) 1km away from a T-34 and when it fires it is louder than me sitting next to a slammer when it fires. (And I was in cockpit mode on the Blackfoot, too)

There is also a similar problem with at least 1 German cannon, can't think of which one off the top of my head...

@ Petrov321

Good to hear. :) Forwarded your info to Sickboy and we will try to make the conversion with PWS more robust.

@ bwc153

Unfortunately until BI provides documentation on the volume changes, there is nothing we can do. :(

So if you want to see progress there, bring up the topic towards BI.

so when will iron front be able to work with arma 3 with out Arma co...Thought read a coupe of days and that has passed so just wondering thanks?

So hate to ask this but cant find any tutorials how to install iron front to arma 3 or have they not been able to get rid of needing Arma 2 ?co to make it work. I installed arma 2 /co but there was so much installed it just slowed my computer down so thats why I was wondering just the arma 3 needed not both thanks

bravo409 follow this guide:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_3_version

the setup link for download and or tutorial is on the first post. as linked above.

Arma2Co is required as Iron Front vanilla uses arma2Co engine to run, when you convert your game to a mod for Arma2Co then you can

port it to Arma3 through some files setup for arma3, read the guide.

Hello Iron Front Revival Team

First of all i want to thank you for your hard work building this mod . But I have a few question that you might or might not be able to answer . Please dont get me wrong nothing of the following should be understood offensive or as criticism .

1. Kju wrote that one goal of this mod is to achieve a good compatiblity with explicitly said Invasion 1944 . That brings up many other Questions .

1a. The Sides Problem . In I44 Germans are Opfor , in IFRmod they are Blufor .

1b. The Armour and Penetration System . I44 uses a unique Pen System , so does IFR , i already checked them for compatibility they are not .

2. If Problem 1b could be solved by disabling IFR Pen system then how can compatibility be achieved while not being able to add or modify content of given vehicle

addons ?

3. The Arma III PhysX Lod Layer how is it possible to add this data in future content ?

These are just a few questions that come to my mind , perhaps you do have additional ones . What i am trying to do is , i d like to get a more insight point of view of the problems youre dealing with .

My final goal will be if these things can be solved to build a warfare based on both IRFmod and I44 .

thanks in advance (and please remember this is not meant to be offensive) .

Hello Gilb, just to clarify a couple of things:

1. IFR is an independent team, active very little atm except for 2 things, both not related to arma3.

2. IFR has nothing to do with Arma3 version directly, although we have one of our guys that have been helping Kju for the past few months, but the Arma3 version is not IFR's work,

its specifically kju's and the few guys that help him test and other things.

3. IFR only tested and help release the Arma2Co version as well as the v 1.06 patch which both took us many months to do.

4. All questions here should be directed to Kju.

5. only mods IFR released are on this list here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifriron-front-revival-mod-projects-6253251

there is no one specific mod for all the files as I had left them separate to provide options.

lastly I cant help you with the Arma3 system, issues, or setup, only Kju can.

Iron Front LITE is available now :bounce3:

@ bravo409

AiA SA is a lot of work and takes time. Please be patient or join the team to help out. :)

@ Gilb

Compatibility to other mods is indeed an important goal.

However we are still just 3 developers and unless more people join the team, it will just take time to happen.

For now to get Iron Front itself working well in A3 is more important, so is to make it more accessible and played (LITE version).

ref 1a) IF has hardcoded the sides in scripts. These first need adjustment before one can make the factions available on more sides.

ref 1b) There are different ways to achieve this. Probably the way to go is to add the ability to disable the IF system via a module/script.

Which system is used instead (ACE, I44, A3) is still to be decided. Depends on various aspects (ie effort and how A3 turns out).

ref 2) Dont get what you mean there. We have access to the source data of IF if you mean that.

ref 3) tierprot and shvetz are working on PhysX LOD and other aspects to get the vehicles and tanks to A3 levels.

If more people join the team, it will happen faster. :)