.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Seems I am missing @lib_dlc_1 What do I need to acquire that? That may be leading to my error

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.LIB_PzKpfwVI_B

@lib_dlc_1 is the DLC. It should be optional.

LIB_PzKpfwVI_B should also not related to the DLC in any way.

Please check what I asked from you last time.

Disregard! Resolved with latest patch (thanks kju!): Following your advice I tried again, just out of curiosity. After install it tries to launch for the first time and I get an error I have not seen before:

Addon 'AiA_Infantry_IF_PolishArmy' requires addon 'LIB_guer_characters_a3'

Anyone else seen this one yet?

I think I'd like to see a guide on how to clean up a botched IFA3 install so PWS has a fighting chance of getting it right.

I just updated Arma 3 to the latest and when I run it I am now getting this Addon 'AiA_Infantry_IF_PolishArmy' requires addon 'LIB_guer_characters_a3

Running A3 through steam, no launch parameters and when I search inside the A3 install folder I can't find the file it complains about..

Also verified steam files, my mods are on a completely different drive which I launch through PWS when I want mods.

*edit*

Launching Arma 3 through PWS is fine with or without mods, launching through steam generates the error and as far as I can see nothing in steam should be loading AiA, checked the steam launch properties and even the arma3.exe and nothing.

Edited by Avigrace

Launching Arma 3 through PWS is fine with or without mods, launching through steam generates the error and as far as I can see nothing in steam should be loading AiA, checked the steam launch properties and even the arma3.exe and nothing.

Could be the ingame mod manager, I think you have to dive into My Documents\ARMA 3 or even Other profiles, to find the internal mod manager and exterminate entries :)

You can also force disable it by adding -mod= to the startup line even if it contains no mods.

Could be the ingame mod manager, I think you have to dive into My Documents\ARMA 3 or even Other profiles, to find the internal mod manager and exterminate entries :)

You can also force disable it by adding -mod= to the startup line even if it contains no mods.

Thanks, found a bunch of AiA related mods enabled in my Arma3.cfg, removed them and starts up fine.

Is there a way to get Opitical Snares Blastcore A3 working for the Iron Front models in Arma 3

Is there a way to get Opitical Snares Blastcore A3 working for the Iron Front models in Arma 3

If it doesn't work already, it'll likely need an extra config to get it working. Something I doubt Kju or OpticalSnare has any interest in.

Taydeer I THINK my A3 blastcore install was working with Iron Front (I just wrote it into the Manual launch bat file), though I might have been mistaken... it seemed to be working ok to what I could see. Though that may have only been for some models.

With the latest update from BIS (stable version, not development) my Arma 3 Iron Front has become unplayable. I create simple missions in the editor and then preview them to play. With the latest update my character becomes stuck. After a minute or so in the mission I can't move. I can swivel left or right with the mouse, but I can't move forward, backward, side to side, change stance, shoot my gun, or use binoculars.

I can play regular scenarios, all the modern military stuff, outside of Iron Front just fine, but not in Iron Front.

I'm not using any other mods except those for Iron Front.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello .kju [PvPscene] can you tell us about the progress with AiA standalone? I bought Iron Front but as you know I don't want Arma 2 and OA installed on my SSD .

Sorry if I broke the rules by asking.

Awesome! Do vehicles scatter into pieces like in vanilla or not? Would be awesome as that would mean it is not a issue in A3 engine.

Hello .kju [PvPscene] can you tell us about the progress with AiA standalone? I bought Iron Front but as you know I don't want Arma 2 and OA installed on my SSD .

Sorry if I broke the rules by asking.

I'm also curious about this. I've tried finding info on what AiA standalone is and what it will mean for us IF44 lovers. Can anyone shed some light on what to expect?

I didn't even know there was going to be a STANDALONE :O wow amazing go KJU

@ UpYonder999

The AiA update should fix your issues. Can you confirm?

@ Nikiforos, Vagnluv

The plan is to have a first partial version ready next weekend.

@ fragmachine

Yep this works.

@ papoose244

Just try the campaigns and see how it goes. The tutorial is known to have problems and must be skipped.

Certainly useful to make good reports in the issue tracker.

Maybe someone will be happy to make the campaigns full working at some point.

;2606045']@ UpYonder999

The AiA update should fix your issues. Can you confirm?.

Yes! It's working now. An easy one click install with PWS. Thanks!

;2606045']Yep this works.

Awesome. Will try it out as soon as I can get more space on my SSD.

Thanks!

If you could release a version that does not need 3 different installs of ArmA, this could be one of the best things I have seen in the modding scene for a while now. I would wholeheartedly nominate it to the 2014 mod of the year contest.

even i managed to install it...

eventually you get this and its worth it:

btw AiA standalone had been anounced therfore in the furture you will not need a full a2co installation anymore.

I haven't been following this thread so apologies if this was already mentioned.

Us units are arma 3 Blufor models. Is this normal as it's wip?

Also, Will the conversion tool be changed to put the IF mod directly into Arma 3 one day?

guys, where have you been, ive been waiting for you on the IFA3 server the other day...

just mentioning...