.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Yes I tried setting it to ARMA2 Free's path, but it doesn't change status from "Not Detected". Not sure if it's me doing something incorrectly, as I find the PWS interface to be a bit unintuitive, so let me ask:

"Game directory" needs to be set to the ARMA2 Free folder inside the SteamApps/Common folder?

Are the additional game folders important to set?

Are the Mod and Synq folders important to set?

Thanks for you patience and support!

After bashing my head against a brick wall trying to get arma 2 and arrowhead downloaded then trying for hours to get it all working... IT'S ALL SO FREAKING WORTH IT.

GOOD WORK EVERYONE INVOLVED!!! From playing the original to this I could barely believe my eyes!

ok so i have the linux server almost running. I get this when mission loads.

What addon am I missing?

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.LIB_PzKpfwVI_B

here is my modline. maybe one of you can see if I missed something.

A3 path /arma3/ironfront/

a2 path /arma3/arma2/

a2oa path /arma3/arma2oa/

"mods/@cba_a3;/arma3/arma2oa/@lib_dlc_1;/arma3/arma2oa/@if_other_addons;/arma3/arma2oa/@if;mods/@allinarma/productdummies;mods/@allinarma/a1dummies;/arma3/arma2/;/arma3/arma2oa/;/arma3/arma2oa/expansion;/arma3/ironfront/;mods/@allinarma/core;/arma3/arma2oa/@ifa3m;mods/@ifa3;mods/@allinarma/posta3;mods/@task_force_radio;"

Edited by stevos758

When I finished installing it using playwithsix , the game took so long to come to main menu, and it freezed when i tried to load editor. I have everything up to

date and everything that should be installed is installed, i hope reinstalling it fixes it, ill post again later if it works :)

;2600609']It should work if you set the path for A2 to the one where A2F is located. Did you try this yet Vagnluv?

What I didn't do was to ckick install on arma2 and arma2 OA' date=' and after doing that I could start the conversion process. Starting the game up it threw me a bunch of error messages a,bout missing things etc. and the UI was completely borked. I couldn't manage to load any of the IF content, either as missions or in the editor, and eventually the game froze. Doh!

When I finished installing it using playwithsix , the game took so long to come to main menu, and it freezed when i tried to load editor. I have everything up to

date and everything that should be installed is installed, i hope reinstalling it fixes it, ill post again later if it works :)

Sounds like my experience.

I wanted to try reinstalling again, but now the tutorial video on how to do it is gone. Not going to be easy, this ;)

@ Vagnluv

Sorry I was not precise enough.

You need to select A2:CO as game in the first place.

In settings you need to set the path of A2F for the game directory of A2.

That should do it.

Mod and Synq folders can be anywhere. Only relevant for additional mods.

If it still doesn't work, please upload the rpt log file.

The video guide is available again now on YouTube. Thanks for the notice. :)

@ r3volution

What kind of problems did you have and how did you overcome them?

Sharing them would also help others. :)

@ stevos758

I think your modline is wrong (the slashes). See:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration#Linux

Best upload your log file.

@ Bolter

If it still doesn't work, please upload the rpt log file.

It seems like you are missing files. Can you make a hashlist (md5/sha) for the Iron Front related modfolders or the whole A3 directory.

Patched to latest community patches 1.07/1.02 , it's loading ok but seemed to hang on the first german english mission before grenades started (maybe just taking a while).

Also when I start I get this error: Addon 'AiA_Weapons_IF_HitEffects' requires addon 'AiA_Weapons_HitEffects'

I am using the CBA & AiA as provided in PWS, I will try manually installing latest versions now

Please upload the rpt log file.

;2601819']Please upload the rpt log file.

seems to be ok noW I loaded the latest aia / CBA, apart from the german campaign level 1 hang. Am trying the 6th january IF3 files instead of the 14th jan patch, to see if that helps (as changelog notes level 1 campaign fix for that version)

Where is the rpt file located?

However it does still say now 'Addon 'AiA_Core' requires addon 'LoadAfterA3Data_C_PvPscene''

Edited by lastninja

Until AiA standalone becomes available, yep OA is required for the install.

Fresh from the workshop

---

Please report issues in our tracker.

Upcoming

---

• New Blitzkrieg version
  • US infantry ported to A3 clothing system
  • Cars and tanks ported to A3 system (still looking for modelers to help out here)

If someone wants to make the campaigns playable in A3, please contact me via PM. :)

Enjoy :bounce3:

Nice! Thanks for the update! Hoping PWS applied community patch too. Seemed awful quick (small update) when I updated IFA3.

@ Oktyabr

From the 1.08 release thread:

Note: Play withSIX will automatically patch Iron Front in Arma.

In latest beta tonight, in stable version tomorrow evening.

Nice work on the update!

Is anyone else using Iron front in Arma 3 getting the bug where the US infantry from the Normandy DLC show up as normal in the editor but appear ingame as the Arma 3 Modern US infantry models with WW2 weapons?

I own legit copies of all games/dlc involved, and EVERYTHING else in the install including even the Omaha beach map shows up and works perfectly. Just the US Infantry appear as modern infantry with ww2 rifles.

Nice work on the update!

Is anyone else using Iron front in Arma 3 getting the bug where the US infantry from the Normandy DLC show up as normal in the editor but appear ingame as the Arma 3 Modern US infantry models with WW2 weapons?

I own legit copies of all games/dlc involved, and EVERYTHING else in the install including even the Omaha beach map shows up and works perfectly. Just the US Infantry appear as modern infantry with ww2 rifles.

The US forces haven't been converted over yet. It's like that for everyone :)

Oooooh. Ok that's cool then. I was under the impression from reading forum posts and changelogs etc that the US infantry looked the part but just had static models not converted to Arma3 clothing system. My mistake!

Congrats on a glorious new release!

@ifa3.png

Edited by Sickboy