.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Test servers

Stable branch

Name: IronFront Arma server [PvPscene]

IP: 78.143.8.131:3302

Admin: #login 1

Listed on the setup guide, link on first page.

;2595935']

@ sttosin

Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma. Some screenshots would be helpful too.

(

Thanks @kju

RPT was too large to upload as spoiler.

Here is RPT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t2gvwx3b1drnug/arma3%20RPT.txt

and a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGdPi4OyCYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGdPi4OyCY

@ UpYonder999

Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma.

The US infantry might be buggy in various ways. Best don't use them for now.

@ Bigpickle

Wait for AiA standalone.

@ sttosin

Your startup parameters have a duplicate modline:

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\"

This might be coming from steam options. Make sure to delete it.

@ sttosin

Your startup parameters have a duplicate modline:

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\"

This might be coming from steam options. Make sure to delete it.

Thanks @kju!!! That fixed it. I feel like an idiot. The line was coming from playwithsix. I used to use it to list mods not managed by pws. I now just find them using pws search local to my PC but left the line there. Had not bit me until IF. Thanks again for your help.

@ sttosin

Glad to hear. :)

@ UpYonder999

Arma 2 is not loaded. Do you have it?

If not, you get also use Arma 2 free. You have to add manually in PWS though with a full path like

"-mod=c:\path\to\arma2"

;2597023']

@ UpYonder999

Arma 2 is not loaded. Do you have it?

If not' date=' you get also use Arma 2 free. You have to add manually in PWS though with a full path like

"-mod=c:\path\to\arma2"[/quote']

I have it, and I can launch it from Steam, but I didn't have it installed in PWS. I thought I only needed Arma 2 CO in PWS. I've just installed Arma2 in PWS, and so far Arma 3 Iron Front is working without any errors, but I don't have time to play much now. I'll see how it goes later today.

Thanks for your patience and your help!

Is there a download?

On the first post as stated where all download links will be look for:

Download and play

---

Setup-guide

setup-guide will be a link.

I have it, and I can launch it from Steam, but I didn't have it installed in PWS. I thought I only needed Arma 2 CO in PWS. I've just installed Arma2 in PWS, and so far Arma 3 Iron Front is working without any errors, but I don't have time to play much now. I'll see how it goes later today.

Played a long session last night without any errors. Thanks for all your help! Looking forward to seeing this evolve, as it's really a great mod.

@kju

Hi guy. No, I have not gotten the MP "AI" versions to work. I ported them over and changed them to .pbo - and I can't get the AI to show up on the maps. Also, my players backpack belt throws a huge error by bringing the belt around my chest out about 2 feet from my body and then it wraps back around to my back.

I've been using PWS. But I must say that I originally loaded the game as you directed originally (before PWS got a hold of it). Once PWS got it in his software, I just clicked on "IF" and let PWS do the rest.....but I still was using your original instructions for download. I've got to wonder if I should maybe delete everything and then let PWS do the rest. Any suggestions before I have to convert the whole program again?

yes Thats what I'd do in your case start all over. Let PWS do it. works great on my end so far. ;)

yes Thats what I'd do in your case start all over. Let PWS do it. works great on my end so far. ;)

Disregard! Resolved with latest patch (thanks kju!): Following your advice I tried again, just out of curiosity. After install it tries to launch for the first time and I get an error I have not seen before:

Addon 'AiA_Infantry_IF_PolishArmy' requires addon 'LIB_guer_characters_a3'

Anyone else seen this one yet?

I think I'd like to see a guide on how to clean up a botched IFA3 install so PWS has a fighting chance of getting it right.

Edited by Oktyabr
Fixed five minutes later with new patch!

Fresh from the workshop

---

Please report issues in our tracker.

Upcoming

---

• A3 support for DLC weapons
  • US infantry ported to A3 clothing system
  • Cars and tanks ported to A3 system (still looking for modelers to help out here)

If someone wants to make the campaigns playable in A3, please contact me via PM. :)

Enjoy :bounce3:

Nice ! I love Iron Front , this and Men Of War are the best WWII games around

keep up the good work

ohhh very good!!!! Thank KJU you are one of the big ones that makes Arma the bestest around. ;)

Is there any way to fix certain sounds being much louder than others? At the moment, when a T-34 fires it's main gun it murders my ears, same goes for the MG151 and some, but not all explosions.

@ rehtus777

Please use the latest Blitzkrieg release for A3.

Model issues indicate a faulty setup. Either post your rpt log file or do a full re-install of the A3 version.

@ Slahinki

Unfortunately BI changed the volume computation for sounds nor did document how to adjust their configuration.

If you post the specific units/weapons in the issue tracker, I will try to do basic tweaks to help the situation somewhat at least.

---

Everyone make sure to check the epic trailer from Metalvenom :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Make sure to toLower all files first.

Kju, thanks a lot for getting IF into Arma and keeping the dream of a great tactical WW2 simulation experience alive.

I have a question:

Earlier in the thread it sounded like it was possible to use ARMA Free instead of ARMA2 OA in PWS, to be able to do the conversion into ARMA3, or am I wrong? I'm not having any luck with it.

It should work if you set the path for A2 to the one where A2F is located. Did you try this yet Vagnluv?