pawelkpl

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 OA (working (not fully) in A3) by Nodunit and Franze

I do not know if people are aware of that GREAT Air mod for A2 and now working in A3. IMHO it is the best made air mod for A2 and A3 so far.

short movie (test):

original thread (Arma 2):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162767-AH-64D-Apache-Longbow-for-ArmA2-by-Nodunit-and-Franze&highlight=nimitz

manual to mod:

http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_manual.html

regards, pawel

Edited by PawelKPL

Yes, it is an awesome mod.... And thanks for reminding the community (especially the new members) of this great mod. Can't wait until he officially ports it over in all it's glory.

It is pretty good so far ! I've been flying around Stratis and Altis with it. LOTS to learn.

Happy to hear you guys are still enjoying the mod, Just so you know, there is now a testing function that can be activated with the "Head tracking" function in the action menu, this unlocks the green X and allows you to move it around the cockpit and interact with whatever it is over, allows you to move the camera and cursor independently so that you wont have to center the view on the button/switch to interact with.

That said...as per the rules and regulations, I'm not sure that this topic is in the right place for what it is, as its not discussing the creation of an addon and we won't be posting any updates here.

Edited by NodUnit

I can´t wait to see it with updated hull textures ,

high quality sounds and ARMA 3 exhaust effects ,

with its full glory in ARMA III !

I think the A-10 from Peral and this baby are gonna make ARMA 3 the ultimate war simulator

not only in infantry fight but also in the air !

I can´t wait to see it with updated hull textures ,

high quality sounds and ARMA 3 exhaust effects ,

with its full glory in ARMA III !

I think the A-10 from Peral and this baby are gonna make ARMA 3 the ultimate war simulator

not only in infantry fight but also in the air !

You are reading my mind. :)

The only complaint for this AH-64D is that its to agile lol, It feels like a AH-9 with a gunner sometimes.

You'd be suprised at how agile helicopters actually are when they have fully articulated rotors that have far less risk of breaking something, the only reason you see most helicopters moving in a slow manner is due to the outside factors that Arma 3 doesn't have, not even wind.

This problem is part of why we want to focus on TKOH more, the weight system for Arma is VERY limiting. There are no risks and there is no drag influence.

The aircraft was built for NOE flight, having sensitive controls to alter course on ground level, a level that we felt Arma 2 aircraft don't have and most Arma 3 aircraft still don't have.

This could also be a problem with A3's altering of the center of gravity itself..in Arma 2 it is located between the crew compartment and the rotor guts but in Arma 3 it was mysteriously pushed to rest around the beginning of the tailboom and behind the rotors, where the camera focuses when zoomed.

Edited by NodUnit

You'd be suprised at how agile helicopters actually are when they have fully articulated rotors that have far less risk of breaking something, the only reason you see most helicopters moving in a slow manner is due to the outside factors that Arma 3 doesn't have, not even wind.

This problem is part of why we want to focus on TKOH more, the weight system for Arma is VERY limiting. There are no risks and there is no drag influence.

The aircraft was built for NOE flight, having sensitive controls to alter course on ground level, a level that we felt Arma 2 aircraft don't have and most Arma 3 aircraft still don't have.

This could also be a problem with A3's altering of the center of gravity itself..in Arma 2 it is located between the crew compartment and the rotor guts but in Arma 3 it was mysteriously pushed to rest around the beginning of the tailboom and behind the rotors, where the camera focuses when zoomed.

I get that it has a level of agility, but I shouldn't be able to barrel roll barely 100meters above the ground. but either way its still a fun helicopter to play with in ArmA 3, still love the realism of starting it up.

You're right, it shouldn't...but the question is what has to be given up to achieve its inability to do that. The problem I tend to see most is from watching videos, helicopters only loop and roll when they have forward momentum, and the roll is generally tight and doesn't result in much drop whereas the loop has to overcome lots of drag and other factors. I've only seen helicopters perform a semi roll from a stationary/semi stationary position and thats more of a half U turn than anything else.

You don't experience a blade stall or a loss of air flow because you do something too fast too suddenly, the only time you experience a sudden drop is from momentum. Rotorlib on the higher difficulties punished players certain careless behaviours and thats why I argued so much that it should be included but most felt Arma 3 doesn't need helicopter simulation in any way soo...not much we can do.

Edited by NodUnit

I apologise for digging this one up, but I've tried to start the Apache up using the prescribed procedure in the manual and I can't get the rotors turning.

Sequence tried:

battery

APU

ENG 1 & 2 start (watch pressures and EGT's)

move throttles to idle

extinguishers on

advance to full throttle.

release rotor brake

nothing. P's & T's remain at operational levels, but no rotor movement or engine sounds.

Pls advise.