Sign in to follow this  
xhawkgios

I can't play arma 2 OA because of a glitch/problem at downloading.

I have asked this question 3 months ago and i didn't get any answer.I can't play Arma 2 O.A. First of all there are some files missing that i can't for some reason re-download.I have tried downloading the game 3-4 times and arma2-arma2 british forces and every dlc it has.The errors that are showing me are: CA_Dubbing_counterattack and bin\config.bin/cfg.vehicles/citizen1.scope and it instanlty closes arma 2 O.A. and gets me to the dayz mod.Also before that it used to show an error that i can't excactly remember what it was saying.Can you please help me...

Edited by XhawkGios
added more information

Sounds like you have not installed things correctly, which is a common issue as it is not so straight-forward. Since you are playing DayZ, here's the "How to install DayZ" wiki:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Mod:How_to_install_DayZ

At this point, you might first try running Arma 2 to the main menu and closing, then running Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to the menu and closing. This is necessary for the two to be linked as Combined Operations. These steps are the most often overlooked.

i am afraid (as a total nooby i am with PCs) i wasn't able to fix the problem even though i tried lots of youtube videos and followed The Dayz.gamepedia's help.I don't understand what you mean by saying that they both must be linked as combined operations :/ and i also have an error at O.A. which is a pixel shatter or something like that.

*sorry for wasting your time with this problem even though it's something a lot of people do :/

Edited by XhawkGios

I have asked this question 3 months ago and i didn't get any answer.I can't play Arma 2 O.A. First of all there are some files missing that i can't for some reason re-download.I have tried downloading the game 3-4 times and arma2-arma2 british forces and every dlc it has.The errors that are showing me are: CA_Dubbing_counterattack and bin\config.bin/cfg.vehicles/citizen1.scope and it instanlty closes arma 2 O.A. and gets me to the dayz mod.Also before that it used to show an error that i can't excactly remember what it was saying.Can you please help me...

Seems like there is something going when you are installing the game. Where are you downloading the game and DLCs and how are you installing them?

Which game updates are you installing?

and i also have an error at O.A. which is a pixel shatter or something like that.

A perfect example why it is important to write down error messages...they help to track down the error (duh). MPTable.shadow....pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha....rings a bell?

There is a whole stickied thread about it: Click me

So today when i opened the DayZ commander it said that the directories were combined and i need to re-open them manually after i close steam delete steamapps file and start playing the game and start it via Steam.I did excactly what it said and the problem was still there.I will re-download the arma2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead and it shouldn't take more than an hour. [FRL]Myke: i hate that PSSpecualAlpha... it is what blocked me from playing arma 2 O.A. from the beggining but it wasn't blocking me from playing DayZ because there was a specific update that i could play to some servers with it.But the servers changed updates and i can no longer play and this problem HAS to be solved.TonyGrunt : i will re-download them and tell you the updates as soon as possible.

*It might also be my fault about the directories because i am not so sure what i changed.As i said before and i am comfirming it again, i am not a good PC mechanich :P (not even close...)

You said steamapps, so is everything (games, dlc) you download from steam? If everything is from steam you shouldn't have to do any game updates except depending on the server maybe the beta patch.

Try running Arma2 OA from the steam menu with no parameters and see if you have all purchased DLC and the Chernarus map. What is the game version bottom right corner in the main menu?

uhm i am currently re-downloading them :) arma 2 is downloaded and i am waiting for arma 2 O.A. (yes i have bought them from steam)

And i didn't quite understand what i should do for the pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha :/

Edited by XhawkGios

With steam you shouldn't have to redownload games except if you add anything in the game directories and you don't know what it was to delete it. Verifying game cache should be enough to fix any broken files.

Now, when you finish downloading, exit the steam client and restart it as administrator. Then from the steam client start Arma 2 once and verify that it works without errors. Do the same thing for Arma 2 OA and verify that it has detected the Arma 2 content (go to the editor and check if chernarus and utes maps are selectable).

If you have purchased DLCs check if you have their content too.

I am afraid it did it again.Instead of allowing me to play the game it just teleported me to arma 2.that's one of the 2 things it is doing.it is either doing this or the pixel shader :/