hi guys sorry for the long absence I'm going to open it up again and finish off what needed to be finished, it's been a long time i know,  I swapped the cup models over to jbad so not sure if it was 100% complete or not but on my down time from jbad i will give it a shot at getting it complete for a release. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Excellent news !! The terrain I love the most when it comes to Afghanistan.

• Like 1

Got it open this morning early been swapping old cup models over to jbad objects all going well,  loads of things have changed for the better cell size has got smaller height adjustment and more ground detail, with the jbad walls will make a better experience using the terrain, updated old a2 rocks to arma3 rocks added a few models from A3 and dlc that fit in may well over haul the sat and mask to clean it up, but i'm wanting to get this out quick so i can get back on Jbad as that's near the first 15kmx15km being complete and  i've just got to say it is a stunning terrain with loads of detail so if you liked Sangin you will be blown away by Jbad.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the best maps ever made and i‘m glad to hear it‘s getting an update.

Keep up the excellent work!

Good news M1lkman has jumped on board to help get Sangin out quicker he has gone straight for the configs with new lighting and getting the legacy files updated to jbad objects swapping all dependencies. Also allowing the ANP Station to return with the dam power station and Afghan National Army training base.

• Like 9

This is great news. One of the best all around maps, of any game.

Absolutely wonderful news, Sangin has been one of my favorite maps since back in ArmA 2 and I'm looking forward to seeing it return.

Thank you to both you and M1lkman for taking the time away from other projects to bring Sangin back!

Alpha male cat has been busy adjusting the lighting all afternoon getting some great results another box ticked thanks mate.

20200510190715_1.jpg

20200510190958_1.jpg

20200510191120_1.jpg

20200510191342_1.jpg

20200510191418_1.jpg

20200510191445_1.jpg

20200510191629_1.jpg

• Like 9

Nice work Smoke. Did you ever do any more work with those murder holes in some of the compound walls?

yes mate there in loads of places will pop on ts to come speak to you guys if your about later

3 hours ago, thebuckfastwine said:

Excellent work mate from everyone, Sangin update looks great.

cheers buddy how you been good to see  you still about 

yes got some nice stuff coming with all the old updates getting ironed out to get it all looking good new water for both terrains thanks to alpha male cat new ground textures thanks to dirks, milk has sorted the tools so jbad can pack again so been a productive few days and will make nice results. 

• Like 1

Looking really good.

Will just need someone to work some alive magic on it and I can see late nights playing as in the old MSO/Patrol ops days

• Like 2

Sangin District Helmand Province V3.0 is ready for beta release this weekend, if you would like to gain early access join Tactical battlefield Environments pateron account.

On official Release there will be a Laheya Jihad conduct of war for Mujahideen best practices for fighting in Sangin and a notebook that gives all out access to Taliban resources on the terrain all locations with grid cords to aid in the fight to free the occupied lands.

ISAF will have a field manual that will include intelligence but to a limited capacity the manual covers Laws, History, Leadership, Weaponry. 

https://www.patreon.com/posts/42235219

• Like 9

Beta test is going well thanks to all the bug reports, cleaned them up caught the couple of errors that come up 2 left to do and should be clean of all errors for server test. 

TBE have ported the opx police station back into Sangin and milky has worked his magic making the station functional for detaining prisoners, I have rebuilt fob Jackson and added back in vcp's and 2 addition fobs. 

Jbad objects are getting the final polish before steam release this Friday as they will be required to run Sangin. 

• Like 7

Any way to be a part of the Beta test? 

Where can I download the map?

3 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Any way to be a part of the Beta test? 

Where can I download the map?

It'll be released publicly soon. If you want an early look head over to Smokedog's patreon for details how. 

• Like 1

Sooooooooooooo lookng forward to this! One the best maps. Thanks for the hard, ongoing work!

• Like 1

Lovely looking map, excellent work.

Is there a separate download for the bikey?

Not sure if already spotted, or something weird as I only tested locally.....but the windsock on the control tower at base doesn’t appear to be connected to the pole for me?

need to have a real dig around but looks pretty amazing from the 15minutes I’ve been able to spend on it