Really want to use this map for our ALiVE Insurgency Server.  Ive downloaded it but loads of textures are missing.  Do I need CUPS Complete Terrain Pack or anything else to get it running?

I also notice there are Fixed IEDs in game.  Is there a way to remove them to as I will use the IED mod in ALiVE?

Hope you can help me get it working as its an awesome looking map.

Cheers

• Like 1

Looking forward to being able to create missions on sangin again. Got so many scenario ideas. :)

• Like 1

Really want to use this map for our ALiVE Insurgency Server.  Ive downloaded it but loads of textures are missing.  Do I need CUPS Complete Terrain Pack or anything else to get it running?

I also notice there are Fixed IEDs in game.  Is there a way to remove them to as I will use the IED mod in ALiVE?

Hope you can help me get it working as its an awesome looking map.

Cheers

I use this map with my British Steel ALiVE mission. There are issues using it with CUP terrains on a dedi server. However, it works flawlessly for our group on dedi using AllinArma. Just FYI.

This is probably my favorite map in ARMA.

Little bump for a great island and island maker.

My buddy can spot out areas where he had firefights at on his deployment to Afghanistan, to include a very famous one for him around the gas station to the south.

• Like 2

Is there an chance that the Terrain will get the updatet lighting system so itìs playable again?

38 minutes ago, Ghostworrior said:

It has just one problem it looks like it doesnt work :(

I'm not sure what else to try sorry

54 minutes ago, Ghostworrior said:

It has just one problem it looks like it doesnt work :(

I just used it last week on this map-it does work. IN the map list, dont click on Sangin-click on "Sangin fix". And run the fix as a separate mod

• Like 1

How "finished" does this map feel? I play the A2 version all the time. It's my favorite map. But I never tried this one, well, because the author said he had a major update planned within a few days and then we haven't heard from him since.

Is it full enough feeling to have fun on now or are there a lot of empty spots or errors (aside from the black sky)?

Just now, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

How "finished" does this map feel? I play the A2 version all the time. It's my favorite map. But I never tried this one, well, because the author said he had a major update planned within a few days and then we haven't heard from him since.

Is it full enough feeling to have fun on now or are there a lot of empty spots or errors (aside from the black sky)?

I played it a while back and it's good but i get the feeling it would really benefit from that update

• Like 1

On 27/08/2016 at 4:19 PM, Hamakaze said:

Any update on how this terrain is coming along? :)

Thats a no no mate! Ya not really supposed to ask those types of things of modders. 

I know smoke really well and seeing as i haven't heard much from him lately myself i doubt there will be an update coming soon. Not least until he returns more active on the modding front. I think he is more concentrating on making a living. So for now you may just have to play with what you have. 

Sorry if thats not news you were expecting.

Just now, spookygnu said:

Thats a no no mate! Ya not really supposed to ask those types of things of modders. 

I know smoke really well and seeing as i haven't heard much from him lately myself i doubt there will be an update coming soon. Not least until he returns more active on the modding front. I think he is more concentrating on making a living. So for now you may just have to play with what you have. 

Sorry if thats not news you were expecting.

Yeah i know m8 i asked that back in august before i was told about that XD

Sorry dude, i misread the dates as i was scrolling through.

Least people may have a little idea on why nothing is occurring atm.

• Like 3

Sorry Heroesandvillains... but i have to bump it...

The lighting is great with the black sky fix, but i have another issue:

All the grass seems to be missing. Is there any way to fix this?

There will be an update it's all safe just getting the first release of jbad ready before I drop Sangin, Been busy working for the last few years but I'm back on it I don't appreciate the idiots that took it upon themselves to upload my content to SWS I have issues with steam so choose to not let them have my personal content hosted at present but jbad is a joint venture so will be available on steam.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

This is among my top three favorite Afghan map in whole Arma! Thank you for the may smokedog.

Also it's very glad to hear you had still consider update this just in last April, can't wait for the update.

Anyway is itsuppose to be play with jbad or cup terrain/core? I just run it with cup, got  thrown up couple of errors upon opening the map in editor. 

• Like 1