Hmm, I can see that point of view. I must admit I'd not interpreted the Premium service in that way for me it's a simple service I'm donating for to support the PW6 Development... I don't HAVE to pay but I can if I want. Not pay to download - as that's free (with ads as per armaholic etc ...)

If that's you wish to Donate. Fine. However charging for "faster access" constitutes a commercial service in the eyes of most people and the law (see Megaupload etc).

Press "add to drive" and then you can go onto your own google drive and right click the folder and download it as a zip. Not ideal, but it does seem to work.

Cheers I'll give that a try.

Great - Smoke please let me know if at any point you want this link removing etc

SJ

just to let u know I have this from play with 6 name Sangin Province Hellman Valley A3-@Sangin_a3_public

I've been trying to run this with Dynamic Combat Generator but the enemie locations or tasks don't seem to want to spawn. Could it be a difference in naming convention?

Anyone any quick ideas or pointers please? edit to add all sorted now, I hadn't set the headless client in the mission editor to playable rather than any conflict between mission and map

Edited by Sabre_3Para_GU

just to let u know I have this from play with 6 name Sangin Province Hellman Valley A3-@Sangin_a3_public

I've been trying to run this with Dynamic Combat Generator but the enemie locations or tasks don't seem to want to spawn. Could it be a difference in naming convention?

Anyone any quick ideas or pointers please? edit to add all sorted now, I hadn't set the headless client in the mission editor to playable rather than any conflict between mission and map

Since the map is not complete it might be that the map doesnt have civ and mil "indexes" telling it where to spawn them.

Downloaded from the dropbox link to check it out. Can't wait until the release! I love the A2 version! Crazy firefights in those crop fields. A3 looks even better!

Hey-i dont seem to have the winter version of Sangin.i got the DL from Armaholic and the summer version works fine,but there is no winter version.I have the 'pbo for the winter version,but the map does not show up.Any ideas?thanks

Disregard-Redownloaded and now have both versions.

Hey Smokedog

Are you still working on this map or have you shelved it for the time being?

Right time to dust off Sangin A3 after many months of requests emails pm's and general fuckery, I have managed to find a save that was close to the version I lost  and now have another working version.

I plan to get this out within 72 hours and believe me there is some work to do the roads have gone so a new road system is going in replacing the OA roads, next up is a fully independent Sangin no more unused models and addon packs will be required, there is over 400 models to move port or swap to make this happen.

Lot's of smoke required and big mugs of tea going to be a big weekend all support is welcome, donations are even better and pay the bills. Watch this space

• Like 12

Will this needs AiA terrain or will you be using jbad buildings etc to make it an Arms 3 map :)

Edit...... Fully independent, just read it. :) I like

Ps. Do you think Clafghan could ever get the smokedog treatment?

Very good news, we're playing a dynamic campaign on it right now, and for me it's one of the most realistic maps ever made for ArmA.

Thank you very much Smokedog :lol:

Cheers for the support guys spent all day so far doing the new road and path system, I have got  around 400 roads\paths that have been added right through the terrain so AI will now spawn and use all of Sangin and will be able to navigate better. next up is replacing all the lost keypoints I had put in before that got lost some how.

• Like 2

Key points and roads finished off now 97 key points added should make missions generate more now over the whole of the terrain rather than the previous limited spawn spots we had, unfortunately the new cave system has gone when I replaced OA rocks for my new rock pack  but I am sure I can rebuild it  and get it looking better  now we have more fitting rocks to suit the desert environment no more horrible grey and black rocks I also may retexture the destroyable rocks to the new rock texture so we can have a rock fall ready to be blown up to pass for testing.

Great news! Can't wait to create some patrol ops! Smoke do you know if sangin is working with the Eden editor? 

tom, the Eden Editor is not map specific... unless I've missed something.. it will work

Smoke dog Let me know if you are missing a server for that MSO!

tom, the Eden Editor is not map specific... unless I've missed something.. it will work

Some maps in CUP wasn't working for me...

Hmmm I can't comment on CUP_T - but worth noting it's not been released yet... soooo

Not tried the Eden editor so can not comment, I have cleared a few fields for use for mission makers should I clean out the 2 fobs and have mission makers build it up ill leave the main building at alamo and hescos but all the excess could go and be more open for missions give me your thoughts.

• Like 1

Really nice to hear we'll have the open bases to play with. Really looking forward to the release smoke. Where you hanging about these days?

All over flax like a rolling stone, how you keeping get me on either on RKSL, Skype, fullers TS  

• Like 1

I personally like that there are FOB's there prebuilt, so if you wanted to just chuck up a quick mission on the server there isnt that much messing about making a new FOB or redecorating it.

Not tried the Eden editor so can not comment, I have cleared a few fields for use for mission makers should I clean out the 2 fobs and have mission makers build it up ill leave the main building at alamo and hescos but all the excess could go and be more open for missions give me your thoughts.

Well as soon as there's a release I'll have a Bash! Will post my findings, I'd much like empty fobs! gives mission makers more control on the layout and especially with eden coming out I think being able to build up the inside yourself will be great!