Excellent stuff mate there's light at the end of the tunnel. I can see me packing the wife and kid up and sending them to the mother in-laws for a week while I play. The water system is great, i've still got a good 100m drop before I hit my water system.

ill pack up some models for you and link you before i go will be usefull to you you can always use the a3 rock textures on them to match yours

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Cheers just watched the vid, you sure did put a lot of work into that cave looks great and will make a lot of people happy ,i'll try and catch you in ts sometime this week

ill be honest it took me about an hour to make the system its easy i just need to tidy it up a bit and its done

remaining bugs still to be fixed

need to define a3 clutter

cfg locations missing on load up

destroyable walls need a config damage value tweak after update

3 objects missing

I guess ill fill you in on what's changed since the last release, ive added over 70 location markers through the green zone to make the terrain open up and spawn more ai over the whole terrain with that i've also increased the town sizes so again more ai will spawn in the towns and villages. More roads have been added in the green zone to get more vehicles moving around and better access to the green zone some fields have been turned to grass to open up the bottom 500 meters that was previously not there so i have gained 2500x 500 meters on the bottom of sangin it is now filled with green zone and a new village.

loads of new objects and a tunnel system are in now which is looking good with the extra detail thats in many of the compounds and streets now, I am working slowly on a new mask so it looks better on the ground where i have the bleeding of textures into the rivers were sand should be.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

config is sorted no more cfglocations errors, no more ils error, and also now we have grass again, i'm in the final stretch now just got to sort a couple of models out and tidy up and were good for a release tonight.

this version won't have the walls destoyable as the values are broke and i don't have time to fix it before im away that can wait a week untill im back.

Looking forward to your updated map very much! The only thing which was bugging me with the map was that the AI had many problems because of the stonewalls on fields and the few pathes which were accesable for them.

config is sorted no more cfglocations errors, no more ils error, and also now we have grass again, i'm in the final stretch now just got to sort a couple of models out and tidy up and were good for a release tonight.

this version won't have the walls destoyable as the values are broke and i don't have time to fix it before im away that can wait a week untill im back.

Can't wait for tonight's release.

@king a lot has changed the walls have been reduced in the green zone and roads added, so ai can move more freely in the green zone also ai will no longer see through the poppie and skunk plants.

the original models did not have all the poppies in a couple of the lods like geo and view so i made them and increased the size to represent the real model better

"I am just in the final phase of testing all objects to make sure they are all working correctly shortly after that I will be releasing the terrain hopefully with my afghan pack that has afghan and taliban units, weapons, and vehicles, sounds"

So does that mean you'll have units like the CAF Aggressors? Because if you do, that will be awesome.

So does that mean you'll have units like the CAF Aggressors? Because if you do, that will be awesome.

From this same thread:

My plan is to have

Al Qaeda insurgents bit of a mixed bag of Iraq Chechen Somali Pakistan Afghan the hard core insurgents

Feidian Taliban hardcore well trained units moving from one province to another where needed

local Taliban good at fighting as they know the ground they fight on

Civi Taliban not so well trained quick to run when the 10 dollars are spent

Civis for complaining that you just have blown up there favorite sex toy the donkey

Faction vehicles will be 4x4 pickups and motor bikes, I have a few variants with support for fuel ammo and medical also features some vbieds and truck vbieds no more do you need to scroll wheel to check a vehicle out now just have a look in the back or under the tarps.

Weapons will be mostly russian If I can get permissions from miles teg I would like to use his bv10 recoilless rifle to go with the improvised launchers I am working on, I do have a full set of Ied making equipment to go in the ammo box. with ied markers to place so you know when its time to detonate

There are even images and videos :rolleyes:

From this same thread:

There are even images and videos :rolleyes:

Awesome, that just made my day!!!

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Just now wandering if the units that are coming aswell, will they be a separate mod?

@king a lot has changed the walls have been reduced in the green zone and roads added, so ai can move more freely in the green zone also ai will no longer see through the poppie and skunk plants.

This sounds fantastic. No map did catch the feeling and authentic terrain of afghanistan like Sangin did!

And we need authentic terrains like that so bad. I just feel so much more immersed when playing real conflicts rather the futuristic CSAT vs NATO thing.

I remember that the AI was walking through walls also on that map from time to time, can you tell if this is fixed or is it a engine/AI problem maybe?

Is the map released? I read that Sangin was going to be released past weekend.

Hey' ! Amazing work sir ! Really ! :) It's look gorgeous !

Did you release a public version of the map ? Or still for beta tester only ? I can't wait to work with the editor on this map ! :o

Is the map released? I read that Sangin was going to be released past weekend.

I think it was supposed to, but Smoke had some issues which delayed it. And he is currently off on a vacation afaik. But he'll return and finish it off, I'm sure :)

Yeah.

I am just happy that he failed to release it while I was away too, so that way it's less annoying :p

Also I hope units are a separate mod, they look pretty port-y.

I think it was supposed to, but Smoke had some issues which delayed it. And he is currently off on a vacation afaik. But he'll return and finish it off, I'm sure :)

Nice, thank you, just need to wait now. ;)

Smoke will be back at the end of the week! He did mention it earlier in the thread. Rest assured guys this map is one helluva piece of work. I'm not giving any secrets away. Unless you pay me! : P

Hi all im back now sry for the delay i was up untill 1am finishing off for a release and halfway through the upload to dropbox my internet died ill upload today after ive got some screens and a new logo sorted thanks for waiting