You mean A3, right? What about A2, bro? I saw parameter "canocclude" both in papaver and fiberplant set to no. Come on, it's time for 1.5 ;)

You mean A3, right? What about A2, bro? I saw parameter "canocclude" both in papaver and fiberplant set to no. Come on, it's time for 1.5 ;)

Canocclude is actually a property in the geolod which is used for say trees to tell the engine to draw objects behind the object you are in front of. For instance when your behind a building the objects on the other side that you can't see in first person are not drawn. However with a tree that has a slim profile that wouldn't be a good idea because even tho your are behind it you can still see objects behind it.

Hopefully that explains that lol.

Yeah, thanks for explaining that. I have no idea about mod making, but I'm so desperate to play on Sangin and FATA in ArmA2, that I installed all tools and I'm wrapping my head around this for few weeks now. I really hope that this can be patched up for A2, doesn't sound like a hard thing to do to update p3d's for someone savvy :rolleyes:

Smokedog,

You're rolling a unit pack in with the standalone right?

You guys gonna roll out a UK faction or just Taliban?

Also will their be female models? I honestly don't care if its a male skeleton in a burkha. Just need something to give a bit of flavor.

Smokedog,

You're rolling a unit pack in with the standalone right?

You guys gonna roll out a UK faction or just Taliban?

Also will their be female models? I honestly don't care if its a male skeleton in a burkha. Just need something to give a bit of flavour.

Hi Wub I have the uk units ported and also the oa units iv'e not done females yet but will look at them, I need to sort the configs for all factions as well

..... make'em ALiVE compatible.:cool:

Are you doing any sort of closed testing I can get in on? I'm pretty burnt out on Altis. Looking forward to this releasing so I can do some proper light infantry stuff.

I got a buddy who is a Sangin combat vet. He was amazed at how well you did this map for ArmA II. He even showed me on the ingame map where he had his first firefight near the gas station.

I'd be happy to Beta test it for you so I can show him the improvements. He still has a map of the area he patrolled daily. He might even be able to give you some good pointers on it.

Hi all there is an early beta available now for sangin for all the guys that applied either go to our forums or check ur emails for the link all feedback welcome there is a lot to do still and with the tools still not behaving for me, its still beta at this moment but gives us another terrain to play with

Is it too late to get in on the beta? would love to play test :)

not at all, sign up on our forums the details are in the first post of the thread

Top top!

Check:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Are you a moderator? If not, just let them do their work, would ya?

We welcome people pointing out rules if they see fit so issues can be sorted out before we have to hand out infractions. If you would just have apologized, the outcome might have been different. Manners definately will benefit.

right guys im planning to have a release by saturday before i go away for a week,ive spent the last 7 days flat out bug fixing and cleaning and redoing the placements still have a way to go but should have a stable build by the end of the week

Very excited to see this in action Smokedog !!

Sj

By release are you talking the full map? or do you mean a new beta testing version?

Sorry I just got confused because I am not one of the testers following this, please explain.

Looks like some good work on that big dump truck thing, I thought it looked bad but it looks fine textured, good work.

Also is this going to use jbad buildings or have its own thing?

Edited by MikeTim

Excellent stuff. Congrats on getting it out there.

yes it will be a full release for the public but i need to still work on some of the features as a bis update has knocked some values out but ill fix those when i'm back, there is now a 300-400 meter tunnel system spanning multiple levels which in early tests with mcc spawned ai make for a good fight but even better with pvp and thanks all.

no jbad objects will be on this version so you will have to wait for jbad for the new features with the buildings.

Ok cool, good news.

When jbad comes out or you start collabing on that more or whatever, are you going to be implementing jbad objects into this map later on?

No more JBad errors then! :D Great to hear a full release within the week mate, thanks very much for your hard work over the last week to get it up to a high standard!