Looks great SmokeDog, loved this map for arma 2.

Will this map be a standalone release or will we need to run @AiA or @A3MP?

I think he wants to try and get it as a standalone so you won't need to download 5gb+ of pbo's just to play it.

^ RE the above post, it will take a long time to get it to work standalone, and will include basically redoing a lot of the buildings etc. For it to work standalone he would have to use A3 walls and buildings and that - which would look terrible in Sangin. So at the moment it is using items from the A3MP, otherwise you would have to download all the walls and buildings AGAIN. Standalone is a possibility, but unlikely - for the near future at least.

As a reminder to all: To participate in the Sangin A3 Beta Testing, head HERE

yeah I wasn't saying for first released! it'll take time if he can do it. Like I said "try".;)

Excited for this map! :D Applied to beta test hope I get approved! :D

Hi all, scorch the wire is a command wire for some future ied pack i have, the vehicle is a vbied ready to roll up to a checkpoint the scene was an ied factory with many components for ieds laying around sangin will be the whole package when finished new buildings and walls, rocks, caves, tunnels, plants, irrigation ditches, ied's, hesco, and general scenery objects with a taliban faction and their vehicles pickups bikes and cars.

But the big news is sangin has gone from 10m cell size down to 5 so now I can play with the terrain more for better ground detail and the irrigation channels will reduce in size as they were stuck at 10 meters wide which was to big.

Also after tonight we should have all the a3 bits working lighting and clutter so hopefully it will look even better we also hope to go independent from AIA and A3MP in time.

And if that was not enough for you I have just been talking about making sangin bigger with M1lkman and he said it would be possible to merge both sangin maps that me and another friend have been building so if it all goes to plan a 10km x 10km sangin will be in the pipeline I will release a 5x5 sangin for a3 then will start on the big one now I have been told its possible so Damo pull your finger out your arse and get on it mate the bottom half of Sangin.

All the extra features and a3 config work is down to a top guy called M1lkman so a great deal of thank's has to go to him as hes the man that has just made this get bigger and better than I had planned for.

...scorch the wire is a command wire for some future ied pack i have, the vehicle is a vbied ready to roll up to a checkpoint the scene was an ied factory with many components for ieds laying around...

I am very excited to hear that. Keep up the amazing work, guys!

This looks amazballs!!! Can't wait for this to release, especially loving the breaching of walls, that is something that should be in the Vanilla Arma3. I've been avoiding some of the other mods such as AiA and A3mp as I like to keep my mods to a minimum and would rather it be 100% in Arma3. I'm also looking forward to your units and other objects that are coming, thanks for the hard work that has been put into this, I will be watching this thread for any news.

Amazing stuff, looks indeed very nice, love the little details, btw,is that cow pulling the cart, great job smoke.

Hey guys, can't wait to shoot some bastards in the Sangin. Your map was always one of my favs.

Only one request tho. If You say You change the layout of the map, please set & call it, so it doesn't overwrite the old one. So we have like Sangin & Sangin A3\Sangin 2\Sangin v2, etc.

Looking great, can't wait to line the roads with IEDs and fill the streets with Aggressors

SJ

Looks great! Takistan is just getting old with it's flat desert and hills, it's beginning to bore me. Sangin looks awesome, with plains, rocky terrain, desert, urban, caves, rivers, real life stuff! Keep up the good work!

cheers all, if any one is good with configs i've got an ied pack that needs a config to work, pressure plate models command wire ieds and signal bound ieds would be nice to have them used in pices and made to what type of ied you want to place like ace and the arti prep for rounds

We are in the process of converting a2\oa models to a3 standards for both projects Sangin\Jalalabad at the moment to stop the a2 walls falling over and we have upgraded all oa buildings and veg, so far putting view blocks\pysx\penetration on plants and bushes and buildings that did not have proper ones this takes time so be patient as its a3 standards we are aiming for no errors for the rpt.we have gone the whole nine to have an independent mod pack to go with our future terrains so you won't need 5gig downloads to play our terrains.

The new tools are very unstable and have misaligned my objects on my terrains after the latest terrain builder update there all messed up so will take a while to fix or find a way to fix it all again in one go so it will be done when i find a fix.

That's shitty news Smoke. Glad to hear progress is still trucking along though, this has always been my favourite A2 map.

That's shitty news Smoke. Glad to hear progress is still trucking along though, this has always been my favourite A2 map.

This, I hope BIS optimizes the tools one day.

Great news non the less, very exited to see a release some day!

Keep up the good work bro, but my question is - is there any chance that this map will be fixed for A2? AI can see through marijuana and red weed :(

^ If you use ACE, there is a module called 'grass viewblock' which might work, but otherwise it's a no. I think I can speak for smoke by saying he's only interested in Arma 3 development for the foreseeable future!

Too bad, cause two best maps for A2 (Sangin and FATA) have the same damn bug, that renders them useless for coop communities - AI can see through vegetation :( If Minimalco could give us just a small patch to fix this issue... :bounce3:

AI can see through vegetation not any more i added the viewblocks to the .p3d's that needed them