Just gotta ask. You know how to get high-resolution sat images? :)

I'm not asking to know myself. I'm asking incase you'd need any help. Google-maps can't unfortunately provide super high resolution images on that area, but incase you'd want the absolute max available for it anyhow. What route did you take? Stich pictures together yourself?

Could you post comparison screenshots of both the map and real life? (satelite images as well)? I love those :D

Smokey if you need some testing done on this give us a heads up.

Cheers!

Hello all after a few days of headbanging the wall M1lkman has helped me out on a new feature I am implementing into Sangin I held up on releasing the beta the other day to get this working as I think it has great benefit to the realism of the game now 90% of the walls can be breached with 1-2 AT rounds to create a small hole you can climb through or if you need a bigger breach hole place a few satchels down and stand back and you will get a bigger breach hole.

In the upcoming release I have made a few new wall models and houses M1lkman has kindly offered some destroyable buildings that he has made for use too a big thank's again to him, I am adding a lot more detail to the town as I have deleted a lot of it sorry to keep you waiting but with these new features and addons I think its worth the wait and is a lot more intricate now

Seeing the video above, take as long as you want! This is an awesome feature that is well, well worth the wait.

Looks like a brilliant feature smoke mate! Does this work with buildings as well or just with walls?

Message to all: To participate in the Sangin A3 Beta Testing, head HERE

New destructible walls look terrific SmokeDog, and seem to work just nicely as well!

Thanks for all your hard work on those! And also of course to M1lkm8n, who's really pushed the boundaries recently with his work on interactable/destructible stuff in general!

Fantastic job - that sort of thing can really open up gameplay possibilities!

B

Cheers all, bushlurker I would like to release a few oa walls so its not just the one type for all terrain makers to use if they want to, and I have already ported the acr dlc trees and plants to a3 and will be releasing them too for terrains so any one can use these when building, along with the oa rocks I have retextured and rotated them so there is quiet a bit new for terrains coming up, M1lkman is the guy that did all the hard work I was just bumbling through and would of took me ages to finish and yes he certainly is moving boundaries for environment destruction.

I was on the day shift and the milkman was on the night shift worked out great its guys like this and yourself that really push the possibilities for others to achieve goals its one thing I always wanted to have since I first went on Sangin,also cheers to BI for the Mlods

Smokedog,

Will smaller explosives like the Explosive charge be able to make small breaching holes as well?

At the moment these walls won't be knocked over by vehicles as their armour is set high, may be able to with a few small explosives placed down I have not fully tested them but they seem to work well so far soon ill let them out for a beta test to see what they work like and improve what we can if we get any major errors.

It's looking great! This is one I've been eagerly waiting for. If you haven't yet you might get a hold of the ALiVE guys and see if there is anything that can be done to help "index" your map properly for use with ALiVE, once it's released. :)

@oktyabr cheers i hope it will work with alive as it did with mso so have my fingers crossed a had not tried it as there were no Taliban units out at the time that worked with it.

Looking great Smokedog can't wait to see the finished result.

Will you be doing the winter version too ?

SJ

The walls are awesome, but, honestly, I'm MUCH more interested in that whole IED-wired-to-truck deal. Please elaborate.

can the AI take advantage of the breached hole or do they still perceive the wall as intact and go round in stead of through?

Cheers, OP