wow last 2 weeks has been good for the mods, cannot wait for this map this is the best map ever on arma for me, thanks for bringing it to arma 3

VERY excited to see this coming to A3. Even more so to hear you will be making Afgan and Taliban units. Awesome!

Nice job the last few shown spots surprised me. I had a 3 day mission turned 12 day stay at Patrol Base Inkermann or (Incoming man) back in 2009 clearing routes. Scary place. As the British said, "The O.K Gun Corral, mate!"

This is AWESOME! Great Job SmokeDog3PARA. The map and units looks outstanding. I dont know how I ever missed this in Arma 2 but you can bet I wont miss out this time. Finally some Opfor to use all these IED scripts we have :D

awesome! now all we need is a decent insurgency mission along with it.. :rolleyes:

whoever does the configs, please take a look at the config 'requirements' for ALiVE. :)

currently working on an edit on DAP's insurgency I have on the A3MP mod have it running on Zargabad, was looking at Sangin (A2 mod in a3mp) but now I know this is coming time to hold off!

awesome! now all we need is a decent insurgency mission along with it.. :rolleyes:

whoever does the configs, please take a look at the config 'requirements' for ALiVE. :)

Would you mind sharing a link or details on the "requirements"? I'm currently struggling getting Massi's "mas_usa_devg" to play nicely (with ALiVE) as blufor and Drongo69's "DR Irregulars" to act as opfor.

Eff yes! This map was a favorite of our group back in our A2 days, can't wait to get back to it! We already use it with the A3 Map Pack and it's great, an updated ArmA 3 version sounds great!

Would you mind sharing a link or details on the "requirements"? I'm currently struggling getting Massi's "mas_usa_devg" to play nicely (with ALiVE) as blufor and Drongo69's "DR Irregulars" to act as opfor.

mas_usa_devg units wont work with ALiVE. There is something wrong with the uniforms though the vest and helmets are ok. The bdu breaks the faction and ALiVE Opfor wont shoot at you. (sorry for OT) This is gonna be great. I too want to know if it uses custom AK or massi AK.

Good to see that your map is also coming with some units that's fit in there :)

Yes it was a bit shit seeing Iranians on sangin lol

My plan is to have

Al Qaeda insurgents bit of a mixed bag of Iraq Chechen Somali Pakistan Afghan the hard core insurgents

Feidian Taliban hardcore well trained units moving from one province to another where needed

local Taliban good at fighting as they know the ground they fight on

Civi Taliban not so well trained quick to run when the 10 dollars are spent

Civis for complaining that you just have blown up there favorite sex toy the donkey

Faction vehicles will be 4x4 pickups and motor bikes, I have a few variants with support for fuel ammo and medical also features some vbieds and truck vbieds no more do you need to scroll wheel to check a vehicle out now just have a look in the back or under the tarps.

Weapons will be mostly russian If I can get permissions from miles teg I would like to use his bv10 recoilless rifle to go with the improvised launchers I am working on, I do have a full set of Ied making equipment to go in the ammo box. with ied markers to place so you know when its time to detonate

If any one wants to help out pm me got a ton of stuff to do and only 2 hands.

Guys don't forget there was a a3 mso released could go quiet well on a3 MSO was the best mission in my eyes for a2 hands down.

Will the terrain be a separate download to the insurgents?

mas_usa_devg units wont work with ALiVE. There is something wrong with the uniforms though the vest and helmets are ok. The bdu breaks the faction and ALiVE Opfor wont shoot at you. (sorry for OT) This is gonna be great. I too want to know if it uses custom AK or massi AK.

ALiVE devs have potentially fixed this and should be there for next public release.

Guys don't forget there was a a3 mso released could go quiet well on a3 MSO was the best mission in my eyes for a2 hands down.

Yeah it's called ALiVE now and in order for custom units to work properly with ALiVE they must have proper group configs set up. I can give you more info / point you in the right direction if needed. Also your terrain has to conform to certain BIS standards or else ALiVE won't detect military/civilian/infrastructure areas. If Sangin worked for A2 MSO you should be OK.

Cheers savage I was only on about MSO as it is moddable in its current form, Alive I can't mess with the core files anymore as its a pbo which stops getting some things working as I did in a2, Alive is good but seems to fit more of a conventional war where mso was an out right insurgency on Sangin and thats the feel I would like to get again as we patrolled on mso in sangin since it came out and only stopped playing it when a3 came out.

I will config the units for alive once I get my head round the configs cheers all

Looking forward to seeing this map in A3! This one and Clafghan were two of my favorites in A2.

As for making the map "conform to certain BIS standards" for ALiVE I think it is more like what it would take to make it MSO conforming in A2... must properly define areas as military, civilian, etc. Any map maker that is familiar with making MSO "friendly" terrains for A2 should already have the bases covered for ALiVE... I *think*. I agree though, MSO was fun and flexible. I'm not aware of any A3 MSO... other than ALiVE.

Excellent effort, Smoke. Looking forward to building some awesome Op's on the map when it's ready.

Really glad to see this map coming to A3. My favorite A2 map for sure. Be great if you can bring us insurgents too.

Cheers Smokedog good to hear :) I see what you mean about the Insurgency-style of MSO... although I think you'll be able to do something similar with ALiVE once the next few updates are released.

One of the ALiVE dev team members can help you out if you have problems with group configs.. they have done it for a few unit mods already. Join the ALiVE skype channel or send me a PM.

BTW thanks for this great map and the work for A3!!