Hi all thought I would show a bit of the new Sangin off lots have changed in this version.

More Roads

Roads now show on mask when flying more than 1000m from roads

New footpaths

New buildings

New objects

New rocks

New walls

After the years of fighting in Sangin its taken its toll on the town and after heavy battles and destruction the government have started regenerating the area with new police stations hospital building and a school the government have set up offices in the town now too, after the ANA and ANP have built many police stations VCP's and FOB's around the area to give better security to the region which now has allowed the town to prosper with more locals returning here to live and to open up the bazar again for business.

Don't be fooled only the town is safe the Taliban have a big presence in the green zone and will attack and use all natural terrain to their advantage from ditches to the many tunnels they have made to move from compound to compound Taliban will hide in the many caves that surround Sangin using them as ammo caches or for a place to hide when cas is in the air.

I am just in the final phase of testing all objects to make sure they are all working correctly shortly after that I will be releasing the terrain hopefully with my afghan pack that has afghan and taliban units, weapons, and vehicles, sounds

• Like 1

Hi Smokedog, looking good can't wait to play Patrol Ops/Alive on this. Hope you are keeping well jump on TeamSpeak for catch up if you have the time.

vauw really looking forward to this... :-)

hehe that's a perfect news just after christmas ;) i hope we'll have the same immersion than A2 on your map :p

looks cool, altought it seems you had low graphical settings while recording, could you make some screens at ultra, just to show it's beauty?

Wow looking good.

Can't wait to try out some 3CB ops on the map.

Just a funny thing I noticed; is there a way to cut the grass in some of the locations, i.e. inside the caves (WOW btw great idea!) or the FOBS, I imagine lack of sunlight/Foot traffic would shorten or remove it completely. Talking of caves, is it possible to have some sort of local lighting to dim or remove the light altogether ?

Anyway really looking forward to exploring it !

SJ

Wow, looks very good. Is the performance better than the arma 2 version? I can remember that many guys cried cause their pc cant handle that beautiful map :D

Looking forward to the release and some fearsome fighting on that map against the invisible ai ^^ :681:

Nice to see this for Arma3, had a lot of fun in Arma2 with this map!

however I have a few points of constructive criticisms if you wish to hear them;

• The map seems very squashed at some points, if you made the same terrain data as a bigger size I personally thing it would feel more authentic.
  • The MOB/FOB/VCP/PBs in my opinion would be better if they were not built into the map, by all means build a template for them that people can use. Sometimes when planning a scenario it's quite hard because of hard structures on the map indicate other wise and it breaks immersion. (This isn't just your map, this is all maps btw!)

Nice to see this again, will be good to see the engine and environmental updates ArmA3 has to offer on the map!

Now , if only custom made campaigns were possible. I would love to play an authentic Afghanistan tour single player campaign, with voice overs from people who had tours there themselves in RL.

Would be an awesome project.

This terrain itself looks really awesome and i can´t wait to experience it in ARMA III.

glad to see this map return in Arma 3!

Only thing I was missing in A2 was an air strip.. :rolleyes:

Cheers all for the comments and not long now guys I was going to wait for the new Vis tools but got pissed off waiting months for them.

Hi Rob hope your well mate ill jump on and see you guys this week some time.

@thomas I was only discussing that the other day not having a small dirt runway so it may well happen

when I checked video was only shot at 480 so ill update with some screens over the weekend for you.

it's beautiful!

one suggestion though. i think it would be cool if you would use the green grass from altis instead of that european autumn grass from chernarus. the altis grass fits the setting way better in my opinion. and it would be a shame if no one used it.

good stuff. keep it up!

Can you show some screenshots of taliban?

I second this request. And I'm very excited about an updated Sangin. Should the caves have grass growing in them though?

Yeah I'll second to what Davids said. If you can make the playable space bigger and stretch stuff apart that'd be awesome. I love the feel of the enormity of stuff when I played on clafghan and would be stoked to see a similar design in the A3 version of Sangin.

Sangin plays great as a infantry focused map, no highly armored vehicles, barely any helis, just you and your mk1 feet.

the map feels huge (in arma2) because of the fact that a single squad of taliban can defeat you due to the fact that you can barely see anything due to the massive amaunt of vegetation, mix that in with plenty of IEDs and every inch of land feels like a kilometre

YES :) thx Brother Sangin is the best map ever ...

Wen im ganna be able to play on this beautifull map ?!?