Drongo69

Drongos Artillery (an advanced artillery system)

he removed his Mod on all download sites. He abandoned the Mod.

Still it would be awesome if someone else becoming the permission to modify and distribute...

First post updated with version 0.34. Changes:

• Self-guided shells semi-implemented (can't get them to reliably hit the target, they often miss by a few meters)
  • Other stuff I can't remember

Please note that only Armaholic may mirror this.

I would also respectfully ask that nobody uses this on enemy forces in-game. Please only use it for demonstrations against hillsides, etc. Thank you.

• Like 1

Is there any chance the version of this on play with six, will be updated?

Still showing an old version at the moment, i know you've posted above to only mirror on Armaholic.

But for those of us that have switched their communites over from manual addon downloads and shortcuts to PlayWithSix, its not really feasable to start having to talk people through doing manual mods.  Having it available on there would be such a big help...

Thanks

Hey man,

ever tought about making this ACE3 compatible? Everything works fine but the guns fire straight ahead of them. Do you think it can be solved?

Yeah, and somethings wrong with the coordinate system.. when using CUP_Terrains Chernarus, inputting proper coordinates makes it "out of range" and when using mapclick, the numbers are nonsense, not even close to the target. The funny thing is, that the shells land on the proper point, its just the coordinates that are weird.

Awesome job btw,

Arth

• Like 1

I have an issue which is really annoying me,I just downloaded this mod and I started experimenting with it. When I wanted the artillery to fire (I did follow the instructions from the video and the 'Read me' file) it does not want to aim the designated the location I set it to,it just fired right in front of the damn mountain. I tried different ways of adjusting the fire of the artillery from the control panel adjustments, but it didn't really want to raise it's gun whenever I tried to fix it. Generally, it does not want to aim the gun to the location, it just sits there and then fires right in front of whatever it's facing at. 

Help please!!

Thank, you

with the 0.34v. when i start a mision with some Vanilla Nato Artillery, and the player is more than 400m away from the artillery, request seems working ok, radio messages and text is showing with fly time etc... but any round release, and the debugin module not show any round fliying... Someone has similar problem?

PD.: sorry about my Bad english :(

As a FA guy I love that this is a mod? I'm curious if this is still being worked on and actively being updated? I am going to download the mod and mess around with it some. Can you do a real life sensor to shooter call for fire (CFF) mission? This thing has endless potential, thank you very much for making it!

I have an issue which is really annoying me,I just downloaded this mod and I started experimenting with it. When I wanted the artillery to fire (I did follow the instructions from the video and the 'Read me' file) it does not want to aim the designated the location I set it to,it just fired right in front of the damn mountain. I tried different ways of adjusting the fire of the artillery from the control panel adjustments, but it didn't really want to raise it's gun whenever I tried to fix it. Generally, it does not want to aim the gun to the location, it just sits there and then fires right in front of whatever it's facing at. 

Help please!!
Thank, you

Are you using the ACE 3 mod with this add-on? If so I had the same issue. If you get rid of ACE3 add-on it will work again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey man,

ever tought about making this ACE3 compatible? Everything works fine but the guns fire straight ahead of them. Do you think it can be solved?

Yeah, and somethings wrong with the coordinate system.. when using CUP_Terrains Chernarus, inputting proper coordinates makes it "out of range" and when using mapclick, the numbers are nonsense, not even close to the target. The funny thing is, that the shells land on the proper point, its just the coordinates that are weird.

Awesome job btw,

Arth

Did you ever figure out a work around for this mod and ACE3? I am also trying to fix this and the coordinates issue.

1. remove Ace_ai.pbo

This will fix the guns. And the AI is fine since a few Arma updates ago. Ace AI is even rediculously bad. They cannot hit shit.

2. just input the grid by hand and use a decimal for the 5th and 8th digit.

1. remove Ace_ai.pbo

This will fix the guns. And the AI is fine since a few Arma updates ago. Ace AI is even rediculously bad. They cannot hit shit.

2. just input the grid by hand and use a decimal for the 5th and 8th digit.

Awesome! Thanks man!

1) will ACE function properly in a server without the ACE_AI.pbo? Do you delete it from the @ folder?

2) So would it look something like this

X = 123.4 Y = 567.8

I have also found that if you put the guns in formation and then delete the driver you will have a much easier time having the guns be more timely and accurate.

1. Yes

2. X 1234.56 Y 1234.56 

correct at removing the driver.

Anyone heared from drongo? Ive been trying to reach him.

Holy crap, the one thing I really miss at the moment for mission making is a reliable way to call in CAS and Artillery, if you're updating both of your systems there's going to be a lot of very happy people out there.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!!

• Like 1

I hope this is the real deal! Im pumped to see it in action!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hope this is the real deal! Im pumped to see it in action!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I for some reason still cant get the manual plot grid to work. I input the grid 1234.56 and 1234.56 and it gives me an error and when the UI pops up nothing is filled in or blank with no information with no way to input data. Also is there a way to add more munitions to the gunline? I wish I knew how to properly code. I have some many ideas for Field Artillery in this game.

The version in public is years out of date (though still years ahead of the pathetic vanilla BIS system). The version my friends are using has new shell types and other improvements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a huge bug with this mod which is driving me crazy, I installed, made a map to test it, guess what? I open up assets, there's nothing under the "assets menu" (to clarify; I placed down artillery units), I cannot use this mod because this bug is in the way. I tried searching on the internet, but cannot find any answers or people with the same issue. I've placed down artillery units, I played the mission and there's nothing, nothing under the assets menu, nothing at all anywhere. I cannot play this mod because of this stupid bug. Can you please help me with this?