Drongo69

Drongos Artillery (an advanced artillery system)

It appears to be a locality issue. In previous versions the vehicle firing happened on the server. The latest version gives the fire command where the firing vehicle is local. I thought this would make it work in all situations. I don't know about Zeus locality, so I might just revert to using server-side only and not support Zeus in the next version.

dtaRadioTypes =
[

"tf_rt1523g_big",
   "tf_rt1523g_black",
   "tf_rt1523g_fabric",
   "tf_rt1523g_green",
   "tf_rt1523g_sage"

];

I have set this in the init.sqf.

But any player is still able to call the artillery mod. Is there a way to prevent players from accessing it until a specific item is carried? I have tried calling this in a delayed script 20 seconds into the mission and using the code in the console. No effect. They only way to prevent players from calling it is to drop the radio item (stock arma3 or tf personal radio)

Edited by alleycat

@markh7991

I haven't tried Bornholm, might be something unique to the map. Also, just to confirm, it was working on a dedicated server OK on the other maps? I don't have a dedicated server to test on, I would like to be sure it is working.

Made a simple mission on Altis on our server. One player RHS Russian, platoon of BM21 and Platoon of ZS3s. ZS3's seem to work ok but got stuck when the pointed to the target. No rounds fired and no fire mission. The BM-21's all signed off after confiming the fire mission as 'impossible shot' then 'rounds complete'. Same thing happened when map clicked also.

Could someone please try this in MP?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ky0bxqx6rmvmlc/DrongosArtilleryv032.zip?dl=0

In fact, I would be interested in working a bit more closely with someone with access to a dedicated server for better testing. I want to finalize this mod so I can move on to other stuff I have planned. Please PM me if you can help.

I'm not sure if this is your side of things or RHS but I'll ask you first>

What are the 3VDF93 & 3VS-23 rounds for the RHS 2S3M SPA? I figured out the rest by testing but these I'm not sure about as nothing landed on the target. I tried both at night in case they were illum rounds but I couldn't see any illum viewing from Zeus over a wide area.

I get this error when using the 53-OCh-540 which from the error I presume to be proper WP rounds rather than WP Smoke:

Script

WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\scripts\WPTrail.sqf

not found

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is your side of things or RHS but I'll ask you first>

What are the 3VDF93 & 3VS-23 rounds for the RHS 2S3M SPA? I figured out the rest by testing but these I'm not sure about as nothing landed on the target. I tried both at night in case they were illum rounds but I couldn't see any illum viewing from Zeus over a wide area.

I get this error when using the 53-OCh-540 which from the error I presume to be proper WP rounds rather than WP Smoke:

Script

WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\scripts\WPTrail.sqf

not found

Thanks

That'll be RHS, just check their wiki, the ammo types are listed there.

Ok, thanks.

I did check the Wiki a couple of days ago but I must have had my wooden eyes fitted, oops :rolleyes:

This stupid "negative, out of range" error kills my mood. I tried different locations but I've got the same error. also I tried to use arty after this error and worked well. but after I added some more BM-21's they didn't fire.

I found one "buggy?" thing. I changed rounds when I was getting "negative, out of range" error and arty worked. but usually the Grad fires 40 rounds. I wanna use them to fire all rockets. btw thanks a lot. now artillery has its own beauty with this mod but if you change and fix these errors this will become AMAZING. thanks

First post updated with version 033. Changes:

• Massive bughunt to further reduce the "drifting rounds" bug (99% gone in my testing)
  • Overhaul of the dialog
  • Added a new module "Mark Guns" for debugging (marks individual tube facing, both vehicle and turret)
  • Added basic scripted damage to Reyhard's WP rounds
  • Removed inaccurate low angle option for M5s
  • Disabled accessing the dialog if the player is dead
  • Added a simple mod logo
  • Various minor tweaks

Control.jpg

Hey, so im having some trouble with this, no matter what unit i use the result is the same i enter my fire mission and click "Xmit" after a few secs it will call out the ETA etc however the unit will not adjust, meaning if the cannon is pointing at the ground then it will fire all the rounds into the ground and not up in the air towards my target, iv tried using the default arty and the RHS ones none will work. Iv done Low, High missions, map click and manuel nothing is working for me ... Trying this on Stratis if that Helps, Any ideas?, id love to use this for better fire support.

What mods are you using? Try it with only CBA and the artillery active.

Sorry should have mentioned my game is heavily modded, however i put my mods in one by one and discovered AGM was the culprit, is there a certain PBO in AGM which causes this mod not to work?

Edited by Dyflinn432

You'll have to ask them, I don't use AGM. But it sounds like something is messing with the dowatch command.

I found the issue, it was the AI pbo in AGM, have no idea how they conflict but that was the problem.

I am having issues with restricting the mod to certain units or radios.

script called from init.sqf

sleep 20;

dtaRadioTypes =
[

"tf_rt1523g_big",
   "tf_rt1523g_black",
   "tf_rt1523g_fabric",
   "tf_rt1523g_green",
   "tf_rt1523g_sage"

];

dtaAuthorizedUnits = [];

dtaAuthorizedUnits = dtaAuthorizedUnits + 
[
"leader_nato1",
"leader_nato2",
"leader_fia1",
"leader_fia2",
"leader_csat1",
"leader_csat2",
"leader_aaf1",
"leader_aaf2"

];

When placing a restriction module it refuses to allow any unit to use the artillery.

After the newest A3 Patch the Option for the Keybindings doesn´t work anymore. Think it has to do with the CBA Update. Any chance to fix it? Same Prob with Drongos Air Support.

Drongo asked me for help with this mod and I worked on a new version. Since then, he says he got burned out on Arma modding. So, I'm just going to post the new version here so that it doesn't get lost. Consider this to be an unofficial version.

Changelog:

- Fixed all aiming problems.

- Fixed pre-plotted and FFE missions that you can call from the missions list.

- Fixed the artillery interface crash when killing/deleting a controlled artillery unit.

- Made the mod compatible with the latest CBA keybinding API.

- Changed reload and prep times to more realistic values (based on modern automated systems).

- Prep time is reduced when you fire a second time without changing target location.

- Prep time is reduced when using a pre-plotted mission.

- Fixed some minor errors and cleaned up the code quite a bit.

- With ACRE, it only gives you access to the artillery menu if you have a medium/long range ACRE radio.

- You can cancel an ongoing fire mission with the End Mission button.

- And some other stuff I probably forgot about.

Edited by R0adki11
linked removed until permission clarified

I realise you've helped out in fixing thing ups, but did you ask Drongo for permission to release this?

Helping someone out with their mod doesn't entitle you to release your own version of it, and the licence in Drongo's read me is very clear:

You may NOT distribute altered versions of this addon without my written permission.

Regards

Chops

Edited by Chops
Add licence quote

Drongo asked me for help with this mod and I worked on a new version. Since then, he says he got burned out on Arma modding. So, I'm just going to post the new version here so that it doesn't get lost. Consider this to be an unofficial version.

Changelog:

- Fixed all aiming problems.

- Fixed pre-plotted and FFE missions that you can call from the missions list.

- Fixed the artillery interface crash when killing/deleting a controlled artillery unit.

- Made the mod compatible with the latest CBA keybinding API.

- Changed reload and prep times to more realistic values (based on modern automated systems).

- Prep time is reduced when you fire a second time without changing target location.

- Prep time is reduced when using a pre-plotted mission.

- Fixed some minor errors and cleaned up the code quite a bit.

- With ACRE, it only gives you access to the artillery menu if you have a medium/long range ACRE radio.

- You can cancel an ongoing fire mission with the End Mission button.

- And some other stuff I probably forgot about.

Please clarify that you have permission from the author before releasing such a version. As per the following rule:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

This sucks.

Drongo's suite Command Enhancement/Arty/Air had become a staple for my addon setup. The last versions seemed to work damn near perfect for me...

CBA updates and the keybindings are ruined, one is defaulted to the UP key (used in about a dozen movement related controls for me -a few of them cannot be reassigned because of my controller software) and the other two are defaulted to the same LWIN key in cfg files.

These were really damn cool because they fleshed out a huge hole in Singleplayer...you could be walking along with coms, be looking at a friendly air asset or arty piece and not be able to call in support because it wasn't scripted. Drongos came along and patched that prob perfectly.

Hadn't even played A3 for two weeks waiting for Drongo to update the CBA binding. Drongo got back to me via PM and it looks like he's done with Arma for a while...so the whole lot just dead ends right here?

Damn.

B

Edited by BadLucky1776

Any updates on this? BlackAlpha, have you managed to get a permission from Drongo in the meantime?

I really liked this mod and would appreciate someone maintaining it.