Drongo69

Drongos Artillery (an advanced artillery system)

The mod prompts me to use "item radio" but I use TFAR so its a FADAK in my case. I can't connect to the assets this way. I've put down some Bm21's to test in server.

Thanks for the update, this is my feedback:

I used only CBA+Drongos+TFAR.

- No sounds for comunications.

- Controls setup not appear in the Controls Menu->Configure addons.

- With the new more little windows, some text dissapear. I use big GUI for ArmA 3.

- Have the DEBUG mode activated by default.

Right then, i figured out why I've had problems with this mod and had it working before.

It doesnt work with OPFOR at all with or without my mods. It works fine with RHS USF and vanilla BLUFOR and doesn't with vanilla OPFOR or RHS Russians.

btw if you get a functional chemical and tac nuke artillery mod on the go i might pee my pants with excitement :) GAS GAS GAS !!!

Edited by markh7991

Thanks for the update, this is my feedback:

I used only CBA+Drongos+TFAR.

- No sounds for comunications.

- Controls setup not appear in the Controls Menu->Configure addons.

- With the new more little windows, some text dissapear. I use big GUI for ArmA 3.

- Have the DEBUG mode activated by default.

I have the same Problem.

Sorry gents, can't believe I made the same mistake twice, dev mode was left enabled. The first post has been updated with the correct version.

@Drongo69

When i select asset and take control i put in the manual coords but nothing happens. Only when i select map click can i progress. What am i doing wrong for manual input. I tried with mortar unit and scorcher, both work fine using mapclick. :confused:

First post updated with a hotfix to address the OPFOR issue, they should show up now.

VAnilla OPFOR (CSAT) works now but RHS Russian doesn't. Is it maybe to do with cross faction stuff i.e MSV officer to TV arty?

EDIT: I can get a Massi Spetsnaz and a RHS MSV officer to connect to a vanilla CSAT arty piece but not the RHS Russian ones.

Edited by markh7991

@Drongo69

Been playing with this in the editor, i put 2 scorchers about 4km behind me and a mortar about 2.5km. When i select the SPOT round using smoke for example i don't see anything splash down. But if i select FFE after round complete it works fine although with a slight drift. Also i take it some sound effects are missing for the US Blufor? And as i said in previous post i can't seem to use the manual coords, selecting input doesn't work. Unless i'm missing something. Other than that, it's really cool! ;)

Ok, I tried to use the CSAT arty on my server and even though the assets showed I had some problems. I was using a Massi Spetsnaz soldier.

1: I put in the 8 figure grid as normal but nothing happened. It worked with map click though. I tried this in Editor with a variety of combos including BLUFOR units but once i put in the grid ref nothing happened. I also tried it on different maps.

2: When I completed the basic FFE fire mission I got an error "invalid asset" when trying to get the shown CSAT assets to fire using the Massi soldier.

3: Map click works with CSAT on CSAT and BLUFOR and RHS USF works fine.

Hopefully this info will help narrow the issue, thanks.

Edited by markh7991

Updated mod v0.30 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

Updated mod v0.301 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Sorry Foxhound and PWS, first post updated with version 0.31. Changes:

• Changed ballistic arc calculation to use a real-world formula for calculation (huge thanks to Coding for this)
  • Reworked all profiles to use the new arc calculation system
  • ETA and splash now use arc system to calculate time to impact
  • Improved auto-detection
  • Hard-coded support for RHS BM-21 (currently high-angle only)
  • Fixed bug with manual aimpoint entry not working
  • Added delay based on angle and facing before firing shots
  • Various small fixes

Big thanks to Coding, check out his Artillery Computer. His assistance has made a huge improvement in the overall accuracy of the system as well as making it easier to include future artillery addons.

There will likely be some bugs in this release as a lot of systems have been altered. Please post bug reports.

Nice one Drongo69, just had a quick test. Thanks for fixing manual input. ;)

Everything works fine apart from manual input on Bornholm for some reason (server and editor). Altis & Stratis work great now but its still map click on Bornholm :/

A bit odd but I can live with it. The main thing is all the OPFOR stuff is working perfectly.

In the last mission, with addons (AGM, RHS, and others) the artillery not shoot (vanilla art). I set a task mission (mapclick), config, XMIT, and appear message confirmation task mission, the ART start the engines, but never appear message of round sended, and ART remain in the same static position, not prepared for shoot. And rockets MRLS say "Negavite, impossible to shoot" (or other similar) 5 times and Round Complete.

This happen in the last 0.31, not before. Yes, i need do a test without addons, but this is last night. Only do this comment.

Edited by Legolasindar

How to remove all players from having access to the artillery system and only give it to players having a specific TFAR radio?

EDIT: Found the script command in readme. Another question, is it possible to list a parent class so it accepts all TFAR backpack radios? Instead of putting every single large radio classname into array?

Edited by alleycat

@markh7991

I haven't tried Bornholm, might be something unique to the map. Also, just to confirm, it was working on a dedicated server OK on the other maps? I don't have a dedicated server to test on, I would like to be sure it is working.

@Legolasindar

SP or MP? Please try it without mods and let me know.

Also a suggestion, can we get an option to disable the mapclick? It would enhance gameplay depths if players have to figure out the coordinates by themselves.

Also a suggestion, can we get an option to disable the mapclick? It would enhance gameplay depths if players have to figure out the coordinates by themselves.

Place a [DTA] Disallow Mapclick module.

@Legolasindar

SP or MP? Please try it without mods and let me know.

Ok i do the same mission, with the same targets, the only difference is last night use dedicated server, and now use MP non dedicated.

- Now Sholef work correctly, shoot and impact in the mark.

- Problems appear with Seara MRLS, this shoot, but with SPOT task, this not confirm information, you request, wait normal time, and this shoot without confirmation coordinates.

With the dedicated server and addons, same of last night, ART not shoot and MRLS say "Negative, imposible to shoot".

With dedicated server and without addons, only CBA and Drongos, same problem with units placed in the editor. But if i place units with Zeus, this works well. I make an alternative mission with units placed in the editor without script lines (void init), and problems persist.

Resume: Problem appear with units placed with Editor, in a Dedicated Server without addons, but work well with Zeus units.