Sign in to follow this  
yomato26

Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones muffled

Hi there, sorry if this has been posted i had a search and found similar things that basically ARMA3 does not support 7.1 surround? I haven't noticed it before but a recently dead HD resulted in me having to reinstall the game and windows. I am using a Razer Tiamat 7.1 surround headset which is configured to 7.1 in windows playback devices options. When im playing arma all of the footsteps and AI voices are muffled to the s**t house and it sounds like my guy is either underwater or has a very thick helmet on. The only way i have found to fix it is to switch it to stereo mode in the windows playback devices options which makes the sound in the game sound like crap. I also have the in game audio set to 128 samples and have tried changing through all of them.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it just the game has a s*it sound engine and doesn't want to work with 7.1 or am i doing something wrong

Appreciate any feedback/advice

Thank you.

Using Razer drivers?

Do you have a graphic EQ feature? Too bassy..., boost treble?

Ratszo, I've tried using with and without Razer drivers. Not using a graphics EQ at all, every other game works fine just ARMA3 for some reason after the rebuild of my PC does not like 7.1 anymore :|

Thanks for trying to help out Ratszo i appreciate it. Read that forum and looks like im screwed. lol i have the synapse 2.0 driver but all it does is change it to a stereo headset then makes it Virtual 7.1 which is pointless cos it still sounds stereo in the game. i dont have any sound cancellation features or muting switched on that i can see?

Cheers mate.

Just an update i think ive narrowed it down to the subwoofer channel when i turn it right down on the tiamat controller the problem is no longer apparent however i then lose all bass... real strange

shoulda bought sennheiser or bose, not a gamers knockoff :D

5.1 and 7.1 in headphones are just cheap gimicks btw, they can't really mimick a true surround, and frankly any good set of headphones (Such as sennheisers, bose, klipsch, etc etc) will give you the exact same performance if not better.

I would try swapping the frequencies around from 44.1khz (Try to switch to this if it isn't on it) to other frequencies such as 40khz. You could also try to play music and fuck off with room fix sounds.

Edited by KingScuba

Just an update i think ive narrowed it down to the subwoofer channel when i turn it right down on the tiamat controller the problem is no longer apparent however i then lose all bass... real strange

Yeah, sounded like too much bass.

You do have bass/treble sliders, right?

Boost treble?

King's idea 'bout trying other frequencies makes sense too.

Happy new year!