Sounds original, spectacular and really fun! Can't wait to dodge mother-nature's mortars.

This looks very interesting with the unique and cool impact animation to the volcanos. Th only feedback i could provided is that the volcanos need to have maybe lava running down the sides and more rocky.

Damn, that looks great! Any chance you could release the mod with the volcanoes, meteors and what not after the contest?

I thought all mods had to be publicly released in order to win? Even then, what creator would spend so much time creating and submitting something only to not let anyone play with it.

I love the idea!

And

I present you...the volcanos ;) :

brought me an idea!

What do you think of area-specific hazards? Like the volcanos: They are a great idea, but I suppose the probability for a volcano to pop up is much higher in mountainous regions (like the north-west of Altis). You could limit the volcanos to those regions. Additionally you could place certain other hazards on specific regions of the map: Burning high temperatures (slowly draining health or destroying vehicles with a text warning "It's gettin' hot in here..." ;)) in the desert regions; deadly Gas-clouds (with blurry vision, heavy gain on encumbrance and finally death) in the swamp regions and so on.

That may be a bit more work to do, but I'd think it'd be greatly rewarding for the experience!

Lol, we should rename this HADES now ;).

We are now two to work on this project. So please make a standing ovation for my collegue: MAKE-LOVE-NOT-WAR!

@Pergor: Volcanoes will likely pop up in the sea (for esthetical reasons in order to not have weird transitions between Altis terrain and the volcano). It is in fact what is often happening in the pacific: new volcanic islands appearing once in a while.

@ADUILO: It is a bit of work to make a separate addon with all the effects, so I cannot promise anything before the end of the contest.

@Goldenvapour: Those are early WIP, I am trying to add as much things as possible to make the volcanoes more realistic.

Edited by super-truite

@Pergor: Volcanoes will likely pop up in the sea (for esthetical reasons in order to not have weird transitions between Altis terrain and the volcano). It is in fact what is often happening in the pacific: new volcanic islands appearing once in a while.

Sounds reasonable. But what do you think of different hazardous zones with different dangers? I like this idea.:bounce3:

we decided to separate in order to have a beter chance of finding a boat or a helicopter. I found none and ended up at the top of a radio tower on top of a hill, with the water rising. My friend had better luck and found a chopper. he managed to find my tower when the water was 2 meters from the top, managed to take me in and...10 second later, the chopper got hit by a meteor...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are now two to work on this project. So please make a standing ovation for my collegue: MAKE-ARMA-NOT-WAR!

Howdy, I do believe super-truite is refering to myself. Admittedly, all these "make this, not that", "do this, don't do that" names can get a little confusing. ;) Currently, super-truite is working on the special effects and other goodies, while I am trying to sort out the underlying scripting framework dealing with spawning, objectives, AI, game logic update, etc.. Right now, my primary goals are:

• Replayability - ie., a fair bit of randomized and procedurally generated gameplay, such as new starting locations and objectives on every playthrough.
  • Performance - writing various scripts and systems within SQF isn't terribly hard, but writing them so things run fast and smoothly is quite the "challenge" (read: involves a lot of swearing, alcohol and despair).
  • AI - ideally, we want the AI to react to and navigate around the rising water and other hazards, but, as one can imagine, this will be no easy task to script without eating up server resources.

Gotta admit, HADES does have a nice ring to it. :)

Howdy, I do believe super-truite is refering to myself. Admittedly, all these "make this, not that", "do this, don't do that" names can get a little confusing. ;)

Sorry! I edited the post.

Whoa, this sounds awesome! You gotta teach me about the meteors and water level.

Best of luck for the contest, I shall show my support upon release!

Thanks for your support, you will be able to play with the scripts when it will be publicly released ;).

Some progress has been made and the project will undergo a private alpha soon . But the explosion of my GPU and IRL obligations are slowing us done, so be patient, the apocalypse will be worth it!

The project will undergo a private pre-alpha soon. If it succeeds, a public alpha will follow, so be prepared!

I wonder if you can put an entry into more than one category. This almost sounds like a Total Mod too :)

@meatball, well I don't know about that. It is aimed at providing an original and interesting MP experience and nothing more (nothing less ;)?), it would need more content, like a campaign, new vehicles/units to compete with the Total modification teams.

Some litte teasing before I manage to find time to make a proper trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/jcdyAcG.gif (1985 kB) http://i.imgur.com/8ljncq8.gif (1476 kB) http://i.imgur.com/xJqi3Vs.gif (1953 kB)

PS: is there no way to make the gif viewable directly in the post, like the pictures?

Your Epic (splendid) split was cute BI ;):

2014_06_01_00006.jpg

2014_06_01_00007.jpg

2014_06_01_00012.jpg

2014_06_01_00014.jpg

Edited by super-truite

This is quite promising! Can't wait!

Really looking forward to this. The hurricanes in particular!

Is the epic split the ONLY way to get around ;)

And one little trailer for ArmAGeddon:

Alternative trailer for those who cannot see the one above:

Edited by super-truite