glowbal

Combat Medical System 0.5 Released

1s7voB6.jpg?1?1102

It has been a few months, but it finally arrived: CMS 0.5!

What is CMS?

CMS is a medical system based upon the Trauma Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) courses taught to thousands of US, AUS and UK Military and Law Enforcement medical professionals around the globe.

This system will allow for players to feel the stress of trying to treat their team-mates in the heat of battle in the most austere of situations, it will allow for an expanded medical system that we hope you enjoy.

CMS has been made to provide the Arma community with an alternative medical system that focuses on realism while keeping gameplay in mind. Any treatment option is always available, as long as you have the right equipment. Simply pressing every button until they disappear like checklist systems will no longer work and some (limited) medical knowledge is required. - From Glowbal Productions, CMS

What is new?

There are to many changes between 0.1 and 0.5 to list them all. The entirety of CMS has been rewritten and improved, from a new UI to new treatment options. A list of the major features can be found below:

• Editor Placeable Mission Modules and Customizable Global Variables for adjusting CMS to your play style and communities wants or needs,
  • Further development support for third party modules/extensions for CMS (for the community adding new treatment options, items etc),
  • Bleeding, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure and it's complications (such as low blood pressure, cardiac arrest),
  • Various treatment possibilities including tourniquets, IV?s and medications,
  • Vehicle Casualty Management for transport and evacuation,
  • Medical Interaction Menu (GUI) and triage card system,
  • Spawning of medical clutter when treating a person,
  • Custom damage handling and hit detection script,
  • Out of the box ACE2 and ACRE Support,
  • New Medical equipment and items.

Media

Requirements

• Combined Operations
  • Community Base Add-ons (@CBA)
  • Advanced Combat Environment (@ACE) (OPTIONAL)
  • Advanced Combat Radio Environment (@ACRE) (OPTIONAL)

This modification is required to be run on both the server and all clients!

Installation

We strongly recommend using mod folders. You should never put addons inside the default addons folder.

Extract the contents of the ZIP file into your:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder.

Then either use a mod folder launcher or modify your start up link include the @CMS Mod folder eg:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CMS

Once you launched your mod, you can place down the module in the editor (F7) '(CMS) Combat Medical System.

CMS is enabled once you launch your mission. For further usage please read the documentation provided with this download.

Download

Mirror 1: Dev-Heaven

Mirror 2: Armaholic

The Future

The future for CMS looks bright. We will continue releasing medical modifications and adjustments, but no longer will the project continue on ArmA 2. This release will be the final release for ArmA 2 as we move onto bigger and better projects with ArmA 3.

We want to thank the community for their support and general feedback. We've used both the positive and negative (there wasn't a lot of the latter!) to keep this project going, and bring it to a level where it needed to be - with quality control in mind and playability on the highest list of our priorities. We thank you as a community for testing, for giving us feedback, providing us with bug reports and supporting us as a mod developers.

Please continue requesting features and issuing bug reports at our dev-hev site here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cms/ The next version of CMS Will be based off this one so we will need it guys. :)

Enjoy!

- Glowbal / Cage

CMS Team Lead

Documentation

Documentation is included in the download. You can find these in the docs folder.

Files:

- readme (includes basic documentation and how to use) Download

- tps module (Third Party Support module, for developers. Includes eventhandler system and hooks Download

- license Download

Notes

CMS has been designed for COOP and PvP but supports SinglePlayer and AI. Please be aware that when using CMS, AI will not be able to treat each other or a player.

We recommend to use CMS in combination with the supported AddOns (ACE and ACRE).

Contact

The Team lead (Glowbal) can be contacted on the Bohemia Forums through the private messaging system or release thread of CMS.

Additionally you can contact the CMS team through Skype in the dedicated Skype channel. Contact Rye on the Bohemia Interactive forums for details.

Credits

Special Thanks To All the Testers and Developers:

Lead Developer: Glowbal (Cage)

Developers: Kieran, Rye, Ogidor, C.B., TeTeTe

Contributers: Aposky, Donny, FM, Jeff, DocScarle, Jonas,

Testers: Neon, Carrot, SgtGunner, Keith, Asystolie, Heather, Tyler,Fusion

Special thanks to:

Jeff for starting this project, without you we would be nowhere at all,

The 16AA,

7th CMBG clan for their participation,

the Israeli Tactical Gaming Community,

the Praetorian clan,

the 88th Airborne,

the 75th Rangers,

the DET7 Community,

the 7thID,

15thMEU,

Sgt Gunner,

Knudsen and Hope

Edited by Glowbal

nice release ! i hope to see an A3 version close in the futur ;)

If anyone gets "Include file userconfig\cms\client.hpp not found.". Please make sure you merge the userconfig cms folder with the arma 2 userconfig folder.

nice release ! i hope to see an A3 version close in the futur ;)

You'll see one! not sure how soon though. def ASAP :P

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

You'll see one! not sure how soon though. def ASAP :P

I hope i'm so tired of the basic wounds system !

So, in the licence, it reads "No Derivative Works — you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.". With the TPS system, does this mean that any third party content created cannot be released for public use? Or will any third party content be allowed for public download?

So, in the licence, it reads "No Derivative Works — you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.". With the TPS system, does this mean that any third party content created cannot be released for public use? Or will any third party content be allowed for public download?

Great question, to clarify: You can formulate your own scripts alongside the original scripts. This is to structure releases as any editing of the original scripting can and will cause compatibility issues as well as numerous false bug reports. It is purely for integrity purposes. You are more than welcome to create your own scripts using the TPS System but not by editing original scripts as this is an essential component for others to combine their releases and create more, from addon to addon without further problems. We want people to use this feature as much as possible, and release it to the public to answer your latter question, so yes, feel free to do so. We can't wait to see what the community comes up with. :)

TLDR: Yes, by adding onto the original modification but not modifying original scripts. You can release it, and allow it to be downloaded, by the public, we'd love to see what you can create.

Awesome. Thanks for this and those 2 videos. The second one is especially great. BTW is an auto-initialise version planned? Whereby the main modules (Enable CMS + Medical Roles) are automatically initialised in all missions? I know that this sounds dangerous ut it'd offer retro compatibility with existing missions.

Hey guys im having a little userconfig issue. Im trying to switch my interaction key to Application which is 221 i think. I save it in both my A2 and CMS userconfig folders but nothing happens in game,

Hey guys im having a little userconfig issue. Im trying to switch my interaction key to Application which is 221 i think. I save it in both my A2 and CMS userconfig folders but nothing happens in game,

Are you saving it with the right line edited? One of the ones in there is an example, but its commented out. It'll be between the /* */ stuff. The real one to edit(the second one) is right below that closing comment.

Also, another question for the TPS portion, how do you add new wounds that will show up when you examine someone? Say I want to simulate having an amputation, and I want it to show on the list of wounds. What/where in my scripts do I need to add in? Is there a special handler or hook I should be using?

Also, another question for the TPS portion, how do you add new wounds that will show up when you examine someone? Say I want to simulate having an amputation, and I want it to show on the list of wounds. What/where in my scripts do I need to add in? Is there a special handler or hook I should be using?

Hi! Good question. You will need to use the cms_sys_ui hook.

in config:

class cms_thirdPartySupport {
   class cms_hooks {
          class cms_sys_ui{
              class myHook {
                 file = "folder/file.sqf";
              };
           };
      };
};

in file.sqf:

// available variables:
// _unit - This is the unit that is being displayed in the UI.
// _bodyPart - This is the bodypart currently being looked at. Type is STRING. 
// possible values: Head,Body,Arms,Legs

if (_bodyPart == "Legs") then {
   lbadd[301,"Amputation"];
};

Hope this helps.

Awesome. Thanks for this and those 2 videos. The second one is especially great. BTW is an auto-initialise version planned? Whereby the main modules (Enable CMS + Medical Roles) are automatically initialised in all missions? I know that this sounds dangerous ut it'd offer retro compatibility with existing missions.

No, we do not have such a version planned. It would bring some complications with it: some missions use for example the ACE medical system - they are not compatible. Also, CMS requires it's own medical equipment. If that is not present in a mission, you can not treat anyone.

Very serious problem we found while testing CMS. We'd like to use it in our next campaign, but there's a bug that occurs after you go unconscious. If you hold down Esc, you can move, shoot, and pretty much do anything (I shot the guys who were treating me, hijacked their medevac HMMWV, and sped off while unconscious :D).

I've tried the AddOn right away when I saw the Thread. Looks pretty nice.

I just have a problem.

I tried it with AI, placed myself as a medic in the editor and gave my comrade a clean shot in the foot - sorry mate. ;)

I checked pulse - around 90, no response, blood pressure around 120/70 - heavy bleeding on the legs. So I applied several bandages but the legs never turned white. They remained in those light red condition but bleeding was gone.

I checked pulse again, 75 - alright let's do something against his pain - 1 shot morphine. Pain was also gone a few seconds later. Looked good so far - if this would be a mission I would say the person is ready for transport.

But suddenly he felt into the typical unconscious state, just lying on the ground. checked the pulse -nothing - blood pressure 4/4

So I started giving him 1xepi + cpr + saline ... cpr + saline I did about 2 or 3 times and he woke up - YEAH! But, he was awake with no pulse/blood pressure 55/55. Necromantic Medic? ;)

ckjv7gagwqrg8yylk.jpg

Is this a bug or did I something wrong?

Is this a bug or did I something wrong?

It may be similar to a bug we found to do with blood pressure and cardiac arrest.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73603

Though I have never heard of a necromantic medic, haha! :D Please feel free to post a bug report on DH if it happens again.

If anyone gets "Include file userconfig\cms\client.hpp not found.". Please make sure you merge the userconfig cms folder with the arma 2 userconfig folder.

"Please make sure you merge the userconfig cms folder with the arma 2 userconfig folder" I never had a userconfig folder so i just extracted the one off the mod into the directory but i still get the error i never had a userconfig folder to begin with...? any ideas on next step? Ps ill also check userconfig folder in the BI and get back as to this post. any help greatly appreciated thanks

Just drag your Userconfig folder, you received within CMS addon folder into the ARMA 2 main directory

You will need to have the following:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\userconfig\cms\client.hpp

CAT (Combat Applied Tourniquet)

This is a piece of equipment used to stem blood flow by compressing an area

above the wound on a limb.

Although this is the best way to stem blood loss in a

casualty, it must be removed after 5 minutes to ensure the limb does not become

further damaged by lack of oxygen.

Is this coded in yet? I kept a tourniquet on for 20min in SP and was still able to walk, run etc. I wasnt even hurt, so no morphine either.

If it is, how do you remove the CAT anyway? I just see the logo in the overview.

Thanks, love the features. The crew can finaly put some basic medical stuff on themselfs while flying :cool:

Best regards

Thanks for the help...but whats the code for ? sorry again im way new to this

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

ok i got that figured out no error message any more. when i put it into the editor it dose nothing how do i pull up the med card?

Edited by BrandonH