Sign in to follow this  
FutureMartian

Tutorial Videos

Hi, Take On Mars Developers, great job on the game so far. I had a question to ask, do I have (or need) your permission to make Take On Mars Tutorial Videos and put them on my Youtube channel for people who might be having trouble with the game? I ask this because figuring out exactly how to put the commands for the rovers in might confuse some people. Love the game and have a good Christmas!

Nice idea :D

It's will be great for new player but i think you can find a lot of these video on YT

Hi FutureMartian! You can make some tutorial videos if you wish. We still don't have finished tutorial videos at the moment so it could be helpfull for starting players. Problem is that we are adding or adjusting many things all the time and therefore tutorial videos become out-dated fairly quickly. That's the reason why we don't have tutorial videos implemented in the game yet. First we want to finish all features and after that we want to make final tutorials. But as I said you can surely make some for helping new players. ;-)

Good suggestion indeed.

I searched for tutorials on YT, but could only find gameplay vids.

What would be good as well, is to have an updated Wiki for the game...this is easier to maintain.

So far, I've managed to do all the early missions, with just probes and small landers, (with EAS and/or a few simple cameras...really simple stuff).

This has pushed my budget to over 9000k. :)

Trick is to try to do everything as cheap as possible.

But I had to figure out everything by myself...to avoid having researched stuff I can't use yet, I do a save right before I start researches.

Then if something won't work in the Lab, I just reload my last save, and research a different path.

Biggest "problem" always is, to determine which upgrade fits on which vehicle, and on which slot.

Here a good wiki would come in handy.

Right now, I've researched a small rover, a solar array for it, EMS, APXS, and a few better camera's, for my next explorations.

It brought my budget down to around 5000k again, but I think I can do enough missions with these small rovers, to extend my original budget of 9000k to well over 10.000k, to get ready for large landers and medium rovers.

But as I said, it's been a trial and error, with lots of savegame reloads.

Oh, and 1 trick I found, to overcome the long waiting times while stuff is being researched: just skip time for 1hr, and your upgrades are ready.

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes after doing this, upgrades aren't visisble yet in the construction-phase.

To fix it, exit the construction, and re-enter the Lab >> now the upgrades will be available.

Edited by Paajtor