spanishsurfer

Warfare CTI - [PERF] - Seattle, WA - www.ofps.net

Hey Spanish.

1) Could you change the time of day to say ten in the morning? I is very bothersome looking into the sun all the time.

2) Could you map an extra pair of keys for the tactical display. Shift + Windows button does not work for everyone.

3) Could you up the missile range please. 2500meters is very very bad.

4) Could you disable the command view. It is a huge cheat and totally ruins the idea of close quarters combat.

5) Is there a way to shut off third person view for infantry only and still retain it for all vehicles including air? If so, I think it would increase the fun of infantry warfare and vehicles would retain their managability.

6) Could you shorten the starting distance of initial hq placement as it would really mix up starting locations and leave a lot of doubt as to where the enemy may be actually starting out. The way it is now just turns every new game into the same old game.

I have more but want to see how this goes. I am want to donate to the server upkeep but not as it stands now.

Regards, Bear

1) Im a fan of morning start dates, so time will remain. However, when fast time stops lagging the server I'll turn that on.

2) tact HUD is Zertys creation, you'll have to ask him.

3) missile range will always = max visual range and no greater. Done for obvious reasons. VD is now 3k on the server. :)

4) I have a script for command view off, but I haven't yet looked into it. I'll put it in when commander has ability to build via external view.

5) Again, I have a script to turn off 3rd for infantry but it's buggy so I can't use it. Every Friday is 1st person Friday.

6) Starting distance won't change anything and fine how it is. I am working on a few new missions with different strategic points so that should keep things interesting.

-SS

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Here's what I've told the other admins on the server for administrative related issues:

"Trolling" = 24hr ban

Intentional TK = 3 day ban (It's easy to know)

Excessive TK (Destroying a high value asset such as Blackfoot)/Revealing a base to enemy = 7 Day ban

Cheating/Glitching the Game = 30 day ban

Hacks/Malicious Script = Permanent Ban

Multiple Offenses = x2 from your last offense or x2 from current offense, if different, whichever greater. (Trolling = 24hour ban, you do it again 3 day ban, again 6, etc).

why people do admin and dont know Banntimes???? dont unbann me if this is a teeny server avarange age 16 or so u know, and pls tell me name of server owner and name who banned me

why people do admin and dont know Banntimes???? dont unbann me if this is a teeny server avarange age 16 or so u know, and pls tell me name of server owner and name who banned me

First of all, most people on the server are between the ages of 20 and 40...we rarely have any young ones and the few that we do have are actually pretty mature, you shouldn't discriminate people for their age. Second, this is not the place to request to be unbanned please go to www.ofps.net and submit your appeal there. I'll need your ingame username and date/time you were banned, if you know your GUID that would help out as well. Third, when you try and login to the server a message similar to this should pop up: TK - 3D - SS this messages tells you the information you're looking for. TK = Teamkill (or reason you were banned), 3D = # of days you were banned for, and SS or SpanishSurfer the initials of the admin who banned you. Last, don't insult the server and then demand information from us it's not going to get you anywhere; maybe even an extension on your ban. Lucky for you 99% of bans are usually temporary, so wait out the designated time and return to the server. Understand that if you are banned a 2nd time, the time banned will double, so be sure to behave.

If we get any more unban requests on this forum I will double your ban times, please DO NOT post these requests here. Go to our website www.ofps.net, thank you.

To end on a positive note, added a new authorized mod to the server; LHM Static drag. Allows the ability to drag static weapons around as well as up towers and bunkers. Real handy!

-SS

The mods work excellently, and the server's buttery smooth even compared to non-CTI missions. Sad that we only see a few CTI servers around, because BE's the way ArmA's meant to be played!

Awmagaaard... is this WarfareBE in ArmA 3??

First of all, most people on the server are between the ages of 20 and 40...we rarely have any young ones and the few that we do have are actually pretty mature, you shouldn't discriminate people for their age. Second, this is not the place to request to be unbanned please go to www.ofps.net and submit your appeal there. I'll need your ingame username and date/time you were banned, if you know your GUID that would help out as well. Third, when you try and login to the server a message similar to this should pop up: TK - 3D - SS this messages tells you the information you're looking for. TK = Teamkill (or reason you were banned), 3D = # of days you were banned for, and SS or SpanishSurfer the initials of the admin who banned you. Last, don't insult the server and then demand information from us it's not going to get you anywhere; maybe even an extension on your ban. Lucky for you 99% of bans are usually temporary, so wait out the designated time and return to the server. Understand that if you are banned a 2nd time, the time banned will double, so be sure to behave.

If we get any more unban requests on this forum I will double your ban times, please DO NOT post these requests here. Go to our website www.ofps.net, thank you.

To end on a positive note, added a new authorized mod to the server; LHM Static drag. Allows the ability to drag static weapons around as well as up towers and bunkers. Real handy!

-SS

you are a liar and fuck you with you unban your server is of the shit , this BF4 .

you are a liar and @#$ you with you unban your server is of the shit , this BF4 .

For all to see, the gentleman quoted above was banned on our server due to his use of hacks. We caught him in the act and gave him a perma ban (4 months ago!), apparently he's not taking it well.

Hey, this is Matthew from the server btw.

We have been having both stability issues and a major glitch with the Air Factory.

Almost every other game, the Air factory will not get destroyed. We have taken explosives, AP shells, and heavy artillery to no effect. We usually ended up having to either vote a admin to restart the server, or have the losing side sell the building.

We also have had some stability issues, mainly when there is people with 200+ ping on the server.

Also another minor issue- Rather it is server dysinc or the mod itself, loading objects onto helicopters via logistics will sometimes cause collision and result in a helicopter being blown up. This happens particularly during sharp turns or hard rises.

Also a couple suggestions -

Make buildings resistant to AP rounds, not sure how hard this will be, but its silly that a round that would simply make a 9x9 inch hole into a wall would cause structural collapse.

Due to the skill classes in the game, we currently cannot disable explosives. If there was some red option menu to do it that would be nice.

A night mode with disabled night vision and limited thermals on vehicles. Players will need to use flashlights, glowsticks, and flares to navigate. Thermal will be limited to mainly unarmed and more expensive vehicles. Also maybe adding a Warfare Chern using the A2 map imports would be awesome.

Hey, this is Matthew from the server btw.

We have been having both stability issues and a major glitch with the Air Factory.

Almost every other game, the Air factory will not get destroyed. We have taken explosives, AP shells, and heavy artillery to no effect. We usually ended up having to either vote a admin to restart the server, or have the losing side sell the building.

We also have had some stability issues, mainly when there is people with 200+ ping on the server.

Also another minor issue- Rather it is server dysinc or the mod itself, loading objects onto helicopters via logistics will sometimes cause collision and result in a helicopter being blown up. This happens particularly during sharp turns or hard rises.

Also a couple suggestions -

Make buildings resistant to AP rounds, not sure how hard this will be, but its silly that a round that would simply make a 9x9 inch hole into a wall would cause structural collapse.

Due to the skill classes in the game, we currently cannot disable explosives. If there was some red option menu to do it that would be nice.

A night mode with disabled night vision and limited thermals on vehicles. Players will need to use flashlights, glowsticks, and flares to navigate. Thermal will be limited to mainly unarmed and more expensive vehicles. Also maybe adding a Warfare Chern using the A2 map imports would be awesome.

The next update will address most of your concerns. I've expiremented with a map only involving light equipment/vehicles and no NVGs a while back...Once we squish out more bugs I'll expirement with the idea.

This is honestly my favorite game mode and Spanish's server is the only one I play on. Great community and leadership.

Here's an overview:

Hello, I like how there is only 1st person for inf but to why not vehicles?

The other day when in a town where I was fighting a tank and I was on foot with rockets I realized it was almost pointless and game breaking.

Here I was trying to put up a fight when all that guy had to do is go into 3rd person or worse yet command view and cheat to find out exactly where I was at and of course he was gonna use it and now I find my self having to use when I am in a Vic now!

My opinion is no 3rd person on anything ever otherwise its unrealistic, unimmersive, allows cheating, and essentially eliminates the use of mechanized infantry to help protect vics....

Thoughts?

Hello, I like how there is only 1st person for inf but to why not vehicles?

The other day when in a town where I was fighting a tank and I was on foot with rockets I realized it was almost pointless and game breaking.

Here I was trying to put up a fight when all that guy had to do is go into 3rd person or worse yet command view and cheat to find out exactly where I was at and of course he was gonna use it and now I find my self having to use when I am in a Vic now!

My opinion is no 3rd person on anything ever otherwise its unrealistic, unimmersive, allows cheating, and essentially eliminates the use of mechanized infantry to help protect vics....

Thoughts?

I agree, I feel like the server is built around using tanks. You cant even buy rockets or pick up trucks at flags anymore. Good luck taking out tanks without buying rockets at a flag. And good luck getting into tank guarded towns with a slow Hemitt. Throw in AI gunners and there is almost no point in infantry.

Dont get me wrong this is still a great server but tanks are already hard enough to deal with. I think being able to by rockets at flags again along with pick up trucks would balance things back out.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Just to throw an idea out there, I have always thought getting rid of AI completely (except for when a town is first capped) and dramatically upping the time it takes to cap flags would be awesome. Any thoughts on this?

I agree, I feel like the server is built around using tanks. You cant even buy rockets or pick up trucks at flags anymore. Good luck taking out tanks without buying rockets at a flag. And good luck getting into tank guarded towns with a slow Hemitt. Throw in AI gunners and there is almost no point in infantry.

Dont get me wrong this is still a great server but tanks are already hard enough to deal with. I think being able to by rockets at flags again along with pick up trucks would balance things back out.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Just to throw an idea out there, I have always thought getting rid of AI completely (except for when a town is first capped) and dramatically upping the time it takes to cap flags would be awesome. Any thoughts on this?

Well here's the thing I think it's almost perfect as is, it just needs no 3rd person to make more immersive. That being said the server owner has final say (obviously) and if their tastes dictate the need for 3rd person then it is what it is and that needs to be respected. The great thing about Arma is there are so many options that we can all tailor to what we want. The downside is we as humans can almost never agree on what the best way is.

Hicks, my issue is with the lack of vehicle interiors and hence why we have 3P vehicles. I do agree that we don't see enough light vehicles and everyone goes for the tank. I can try and raise prices on all tanks and see if that helps.

Beavis, As for purchasing equipment at flag poles, we're working on that. I want to give the player access to the equipment menu at a town but I'm working on severly limiting it to basic weapons and ammo at higher prices (think of it as a tax on the convenience of getting it away from the base) otherwise full access to the equipment menu in towns makes armor pretty weak.

Can't join server and link to mod list (check).

Use the A3 launcher, it will auto download and install the mods.

Hi,

Im having issues getting out of the tutorial area at the start of the mission, no matter what I do I dont see anything on interact menu when next to the crashed chopper.

Plz help :)