Sign in to follow this  
cambam47

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey cambam, sorry but since I haven't found any fix for it I'm going to post here. Do you know why my reticle disappears after I revert to a save ? I can use the scope but I have no reticle. It happens only for the 2D scopes (the ones that are actually 3D without this mod). I really like the 2D scopes and I don't want to disable them. I have the latest version of the mod and CBA. Picture here.

Edited by XilentDude

will the hotfix appear on the SIX repository? this is how my group updates.

thanks so much for the fix, btw

v0.1.3

If anyone has any bug reports I've missed or any updates on the "ref to non-network object" issue, please reply as soon as you can. I'm hoping to get TMR_Alt completely stable by the end of the weekend. For now, I'm not adding any new features until everything that's currently in the addon is bug-free, but feel free to post suggestions anyway (I'm curious to hear opinions on the current aim-sway values, I feel like hard-rest should be more effective, but I don't want to unbalance TvTs).

I agree with you on the hard rest. I think it should feel more like the level of "VTS Simple Rest", which is somewhat substantial. As it stands right now I can hardly ever tell that resting does anything.

Hi, i also have that issue with the dissapearing reticles after load a saved game or just respawn after die, i think that's the same issue with the STHUD, that only loads one time at the mission start, but the loaded games don't check if this are running as at the beginning or not; im not sure if this is the case, but is the same case that with the STHUD and AFAIK.. he didn't solved it on the ArmA2 as it happens the same on the ArmA3. Let's C ya

Hrm, I'm not sure why that would be. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's doing that, but I have no idea off the top of my head.

Regarding the crosshairs. It happened to all three of us in my group last night, nothing to do with reverting a save, nor did it happen immediately after respawning. Just at random while in a firefight, all three of us said at the same time that our crosshairs had vanished.

Swapping to a different scope , trying it, then swapping back again fixed it (but removing scope and reattaching did not). Made for a fun few minutes while we were trying to battle our way to the only guy with a spare scope though haha.

I dunno if this helps identify the problem, but thought I'd let you know it isn't just limited to saving or respawning.

Just to confirm the vanishing reticle problem is also present on the normal version of TMR, we have removed the tmr_optics.pbo from the mod, which reverts back to 3d, but it works.

Yeah, what I noticed about that was that, for me, it disappears when going to the camera and then leaving the splendid camera. Not sure why though.

I really like the way the 2D optics look but on a mission that has other things running in loops, like ALiVE's profile system, etc., the animation of the optic "recoiling" can lag or get out of sync.

hey, thanks a lot for the hotfix. my guys played today and we had no problems with TMR at all

Just to confirm the vanishing reticle problem is also present on the normal version of TMR, we have removed the tmr_optics.pbo from the mod, which reverts back to 3d, but it works.

Actually yeah good point, this was the first week of using the new TMR but not the first time we'd seen the invisible crosshairs. Just stuck in my head more that all three of us had it at the same time.

Hey Guys I want to not use anymore this addon.

When I teka it out...

All the time is saying me that the tmr_initAotrest is not found...

How I can get this out!!! Is pretty annoying!

Thanks in advance

Hi! I just found a ballistics issue. This is something that works properly in vanilla Arma3 but is broken in TMR alternate.

The problem: I tested bullet velocity at 500m 6.5mm vs 7.62mm. IRL the 7.62 has more speed and energy at point blank but at longer ranges it is not that simple. At 500m it is in fact the 6.5mm which has the most speed, becouse of it's much lower ballistics coefficient. This is not reflected in TMR and at 500m the 7.62 is the fastest in TMR. Thats wrong. Should be easy to fix, since it is correct in vanilla Arma3. Please consider this :)

Edited by Brisse
Spelling error

Hi! I just found a ballistics issue. This is something that works properly in vanilla Arma3 but is broken in TMR alternate.

The problem: I tested bullet velocity at 500m 6.5mm vs 7.62mm. IRL the 7.62 has more speed and energy at point blank but at longer ranges it is not that simple. At 500m it is in fact the 6.5mm which has the most speed, becouse of it's much lower ballistics coefficient. This is not reflected in TMR and at 500m the 7.62 is the fastest in TMR. Thats wrong. Should be easy to fix, since it is correct in vanilla Arma3. Please consider this :)

how could anyone actually know? the 6.5mm caseless does not yet exist? which 7.62? x54R? x51? (I would figure these are the only 7.62 rounds considered here, but there is also the x45 -not really used any more - and x39) is there an assumption as to which bullet is actually represented in game? now, you could say the 6mm series of bullets do in fact have a very good ballistic coefficient but not necessarily true for 6.5mm - especially one that does not yet exist?

Edited by hlfritz

how could anyone actually know? the 6.5mm caseless does not yet exist? which 7.62? x54R? x51? (I would figure these are the only 7.62 rounds considered here, but there is also the x45 -not really used any more - and x39) is there an assumption as to which bullet is actually represented in game? now, you could say the 6mm series of bullets do in fact have a very good ballistic coefficient but not necessarily true for 6.5mm - especially one that does not yet exist?

Good questions there. I just assume that the ballistics of the 6.5×39mm is based on 6.5mm Grendel. If you look at the vanilla ballistics, it looks very close to the Grendel. When I say 7.62 I meant 7.62×51mm NATO.

hello

are there any more plans to update this mod? there seems to be a glitch that changes modded launchers into PCML/NLAWs, such as the MAAWS, and makes them disposable

I might just run a modified version on my server that doesn't have any modifications to the launchers

true, but I was wondering if there were plans to fix this. I'll probably self-host the mod and remove the disposable .pbo like you said

Well, we haven't heard anything from the author for almost a month so I couldn't say.

When I use this in multiplayer, as soon as otherp layers join the 2D scopes are blank, it's a zoomed in view with no reticule. I use a custom FoV, is that the issue?