Sign in to follow this  
cambam47

Great, very happy to see someone update and expand Tao's awesome work.

Yay!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated with fixed version

Seems to be a problem with the bisign for tmr_autorest.pbo--get an error when using TMR and trying to connect to my dedicated server: "Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@tmr\addons\tmr_autorest.pbo"

Double checked to make sure everything was set up fine on both ends (including making sure tmr_alt.bikey was installed). Anyone else seeing this?

Great to see you are keeping the Tao's work I had a feature request implement motor fails in helis for an example you are flying and your heli start to dance in the sky and you need repair and a fast roping .

Hey Cambam47! It seems you have forgotten to add a recoil config for the mk20/f2000a. When I fired it prompted an error. Good work so far btw!

Great news that this is still in development. Can we have the newer weapons that have appeared since TMR added to it's config such as the MX blacks?

Cambam, if you want to prevent resting on bushes and so feel free to look at the autoresting I put in the original TMR thread. Code is probably sloppy, but have used for quite some time without any problems. I'll edit a link in here later.

Link to post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160054-TMR-Modular-Realism&p=2551372&viewfull=1#post2551372

It checks the model name of objects and if the resting is intersecting with an object mentioned in that list it doesn't rest anymore. Might want to remove some depending on your preference.

Edited by Adanteh

Wondering is it possible to still have the 3D scopes without that unrealistic swaying?

Wondering is it possible to still have the 3D scopes without that unrealistic swaying?
For what I remember, the swaying is directly tied to the character model animations, so I'm afraid not.

Yay!

So glad to see this. I was fearing that TMR would fall into incompatibility with future builds/mod releases.

DK;2586683']How do we assign key commands' date=' i have a undefined key for bi pod?

many thanks[/quote']Bipod is bounded to Next Target.

Yay!

Do you know which specific type threw errors for you? The base weapon appears to be supported and I didn't get any errors when I tried it out in-game.

My bad. No confirmation on this. Must have been something else I ran along side TMR-A.

cambam47, one of bCombat testers found an incompatibility between that Mod and TMR (both in the old unsupported version and your new version): apparently if both Mods are running all TMR feautures are disabled, save for 2D scopes (that lose their reticles anyway).

A similar post was written in bCombat thread (link), so if you felt like it you could try and work out the incompatibility with fabrizio_t himself.

Here is the original incompatibility report. Keep up the good work!

Yay!

I LOVE the 2D scopes, anti-sway and corrected suppressor damage although I'm getting this error on suppressed MX's, specifically "arifle_MX_GL_Black_F":

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.tmr_recoil_single_mxsup'.

I also notice that at least the "optic_Arco" is not compatible with NVGs... I get a nice bright red reticle but nothing else. If this is the way it's supposed to be in real life, no problem. :)

Pistols, suppressed as well, don't seem to have very much recoil at all.

OH! To add a comment in a train of thought from the original thread, about low FPS when scoped in, it seems that the ALiVE modules do this on my machine too. Everything seems to move around OK but there is a definite lag in the recoil of the optic and a delay when switching FROM the scope. I dropped ALiVE on the same mission, and kept running TPW_MODs (default settings, minus animals) and JSRS and the problem went away. Just FYI.

Edited by Oktyabr

Rather disappointingly, one of my guys has discovered that tmr_autorest is having catastrophic (I use the word advisedly) effects on some missions with respawn.

We noticed that in my Domination game, spawns get slower and slower after each death. We checked the client RPT and found this after the first death.

Ref to nonnetwork object 543fb900# 1771988: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543fb200# 1771989: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543fab00# 1771990: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543fa400# 1771991: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543f9d00# 1771992: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543f9600# 1771993: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543f8f00# 1771994: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543f8800# 1771995: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 543f8100# 1771996: empty.p3d

That's odd, we thought, 9 objects with the same model being spawned almost at the same time. And this error is caused by a script trying to delete them an failing. This, from a different RPT though the same mission, this is after the second death.

Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafd600# 1806021: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafdd00# 1806022: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafe400# 1806023: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafeb00# 1806024: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc73900# 1806025: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc73200# 1806026: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc72b00# 1806027: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc72400# 1806028: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc71d00# 1806029: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafd600# 1806021: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafdd00# 1806022: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafe400# 1806023: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cafeb00# 1806024: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc73900# 1806025: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc73200# 1806026: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc72b00# 1806027: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc72400# 1806028: empty.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 5cc71d00# 1806029: empty.p3d

Yep, 18 lines. So these things are multiplying per respawn. And after lots of fishing around, we've found the culprit; it's tmr_autorest. The init.sqf has 9 createvehiclelocal commands that are used to create a custom model, called tmr_autorest_georef (that has no p3d) to find the parts of the player model that might come into contact with map objects and thus, rest on.

But the deletevehicle in this script is not working. And these georefs build up and build up on the player and the failed deletes build up and build up until, for reasons I don't understand, the player respawn grinds to a halt around the 10th death, no number depends on the underlying performance of the client PC.

I don't know where the fault lies, or what's most at fault here. It might be Domi mission design that has an EH on the player that is preventing the TMR EH being able to delete these georefs, or it might be the tmr script is busted.

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Update on the above, this problem still happens in a basic test mission with nothing more than description.ext based respawn. Domi is in the clear, here.

When we remove the weaponrest pbo, everything works fine again.

Edited by Tankbuster

I want to ask you something, if I asked to have the recoil "fix" that's associated with TMR to be made as also a standalone addon, could that be done? There really isn't anything like that thus far and TMR does it great. This isn't to say that I want anything taken from TMR, but if I could just have that be done, that would be great. :o

I want to ask you something, if I asked to have the recoil "fix" that's associated with TMR to be made as also a standalone addon, could that be done? There really isn't anything like that thus far and TMR does it great. This isn't to say that I want anything taken from TMR, but if I could just have that be done, that would be great. :o
You can just delete all .pbos not related to the recoil fix.

Yay!