Sign in to follow this  
frankltcol

Converting Maps from A2 to A3

Hi,

I would like to convert my map "Pantelleria"

arma2oa-2013-09-10-10-45-52-350.jpg

made for Arma 2 into Arma 3 format. For that scope I have prepared a new set of config files

config.cpp

configSurfacecharacters

cfgClutter

cfgSurfaces

and have reimported sat map and mask. I can get a new map with a3 objects. The problem is replacing A2 object with A3 (houses, roards, etc.. ) maintening the right orientation and position. Has anyone found an efficient solution?

Thanks,

Frank

How about you export all map objects with x,y,z, and orientation from the A2 island into a textfile, change the classnames with a texteditor to A3 objects and reimport them to an empty A3 island file that has the A3 templates with the same names from the txtfile in it, so that they match.

Thanks ZGM,

It is very simple and effective. I will create a DB with a conversion tool that will change old classnames into new ones and gives a txt file as output. Do you know wether someone has created a similar double entries list? It would save time and work.

Thanks a lot,

Frank

What do you mean by double entries list? In my package there is a template with all A3 objects in it. You just gotta figure out what kind of objects you wanna replace with which A3 model.

I will do as per your suggestion and I will replace objects in the txt file of exported objects. Instead of proceeding replacing object by object I though to create a small db that makes the replacements and after that generate a new file of objects (with bew definitions) to be imported in Visitor3. The advantage of doing this way is that if you are not satisfied with the final result you can quickly have a new file just changing some rules. I just need to create a double entry file to specify changement rules. I thought that someone could have maybe converted old p3ds into a3 ones( For example b_ficus exists an a2 version and a a3) and maybe mapped this convertion.... In any case starting from your template is very easy. I'll do it myself this way. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. :D

Hello, will you use the Arma 2 buildings also? I only ask because, i have Arma 2 building in an addon folder. There are a few error messages. Maybe one has an idea how to get the best to implement. Everon 2013 work fine, but can not use the building of Arma 3, looks not good, for this Island.

regards Hotze

Hi Hotzenplotz,

I plan to use only arma 3 objects. In any case, if you need to use arma 2 houses you can put the proper pbo in the addon folder of your island. If you are using standard arma 2 object you can also use this useful mod. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

Hope this will help!

Franco