Sign in to follow this  
iburnfurbies

Stuttering FPS as of Dec 19, 2013

This just started happening on Thursday. The fps will consistently go from 60 to 45 and back up every other second, and likewise on my girlfriend's computer on the same mp server (ws.arma.su servers and even mp becti servers)

but she has my old rig, getting 31 with drops to 19 every other second.

Also we noticed that now when selecting a squad member, their distance changing especially in meters will cause the game to drop

to 7 fps until they are no longer selected.

Was there an update on steam or something!?!

My rig

i7-4770k

12gb 1600 ram

128gn ssd

650ti 2gb card

her rig;

core 2 quad, q6600

8gb 1066 ram

320 x 2 raid 0 7200 rpm drives

645 gtx card

Really weird. No antivirus. What changed????

You said no antivirus, are you 100% sure? ESET advanted memory scanner runs even when the rest of it is turned off.

You said no antivirus, are you 100% sure? ESET advanted memory scanner runs even when the rest of it is turned off.

I'm 100% sure. Even entertained the idea that someone may have broken into my house and installed 3rd party anti-virus software on my gaming rigs just to be a dick and screw up my battle-eye :/

Nope. Just going bareback on the internet until arma 3 gets sorted :p

Does it happen in single player or multiplayer? or both?

does it happen in the editor?

Exclusive to multiplayer. New issue as of last thursday. Interestingly enough Arma 3 showed up in the downloads section of steam that day, as if it were updated. It only happens on dedicated servers. I can host a server and not have issues on my LAN. Even with ridiculous amounts of AI like in BECTI, it runs at a steady 60 fps.

When the fps drops, its like a desync / stutter.

I'd start looking to see if the mission you're playing on multiplayer has been updated. Might be worth contacting the developer/reading the missions thread to see if others have this problem.

Does it happen on all servers?

Does it only happen on a particular mission?

Multiple servers. Not just my network. The issue is also happening to our friends. Its like time slows down for a second, catches up on the next second. Rinse and repeat. It gets worse as more players join. Happenned on dedicated BECTI and ws.arma.su wastelands. Happens regardless on the 7 servers I have tried.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

And the issue happens regardless of how long you have been playing or how long the server was up.

This problem has been affecting me too, along with everyone else that I've asked. Between this, the PhysX3_x86.dll crashes, the random freezes, and the random client drops (All of which only started after this update), I really think the update needs to be rolled back. It's been a complete disaster.

Its really weird, but I can't find a changelog for a new patch since the one with the new aaf vehicles. The one with the new vehicles didnt break it for me. It was more recent than that.

Vsync on, with Triple Buffering is made for this kind of screen tearing.

Multiplayer, sounds like 'packet queuing' --some servers have been running new net-code this past week, strictly beta testing.

Search posts by Dwarden lately on the subject. Ask your server admin if they are using it.

another example.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Vsync on, with Triple Buffering is made for this kind of screen tearing.

Multiplayer, sounds like 'packet queuing' --some servers have been running new net-code this past week, strictly beta testing.

Search posts by Dwarden lately on the subject. Ask your server admin if they are using it.

We apparently had the server updated, then we noticed the issue. They apparently rolled it back, but the issue lingers.

Your video examples are from Sa-Matra's Wasteland. AFAIK the micro-stuttering issue was BattleEye-related and has been fixed by Sa-Matra several days ago (on Sunday or Monday night), at least on Arma3 RU servers.

I'll have to check that out

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

And so it appears...