zealot111

Helicopter fastrope script

I created an account just to say thanks for the hard work - script is working like a dream in SP and MP!

Just needed to be in "initPlayerLocal.sqf" for MP  :)

I created an account just to say thanks for the hard work - script is working like a dream in SP and MP!

Just needed to be in "initPlayerLocal.sqf" for MP :)

Interesting.

I just realized the only time I was actually having issues with the script was when I was on my server.

Thanks. I'll definitely give this a try.

EDIT: you're taking about placing the line from init.sqf and putting it in there, right? No the actual script itself I assume?

EDIT: you're taking about placing the line from init.sqf and putting it in there, right? No the actual script itself I assume?

Yes, correct, kind of...!

The way i did it is to make an sqf using Shuko's script (called "shuko_fastrope.sqf" or similar), then use this line within initPlayerLocal.sqf to include it:

#include "shuko_fastrope.sqf";

This keeps the event scripts tidy then.

Calling out for brave testers. :P

Shuko, works really well in single player buddy, cheers. I'll test it in MP soon too. 

Yes, correct, kind of...!

The way i did it is to make an sqf using Shuko's script (called "shuko_fastrope.sqf" or similar), then use this line within initPlayerLocal.sqf to include it:

This keeps the event scripts tidy then.
Just so I'm understanding this correctly.

You named the script "shuko_fastrope.sqf" and kept that in your mission root. You then placed

inside a file named initPlayerLocal.sqf (which is also in the mission root).

Is that right? If so then I think we're on the same page (installing the script like always, just intiating it in the initPlayerLocal.sqf instead of init.sqf). Just wanted to make sure.

The ai aren't getting out in the example mission!!

I haven't made any example mission. ;)

Well, not until now. If you guys don't mind, let's continue this discussion/testing in here so we can avoid further and unnecessary confusion.

I am trying to use this script but as soon as pilot gets inside the chopper even when on ground he has option to Fast Rope. I wanted to add a function if condition that if its above 5 m - 10 m then only it should show. Otherwise the Toss Ropes option should not pop as if you do while on ground the chopper ATRQ are getting broken.

Hi have the script working fine, but when the transport Helo moves to base1 it cant be deleted at all? so if someone JIPS they are stuck at base1 if the transport Helo could be deleted jipers can start where ever placed in the editor. Is there some way please of removing/deleting the transport Helicopter after it returns to base (the base1 marker) .

This could be work like this (but need addon side):

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett