profcupcake

[WIP] Cupcake's Medical System

I was wondering about the possibility of dying. Is it impossible to die, using CMS?

Or is there a parameter like 'ACE's life time' so you will respawn (if enabled) after e.g. 600 seconds of unconsciousness?

I looked in the cupmed_init.sqf but wasn't able to find something like this.

I was wondering about the possibility of dying. Is it impossible to die, using CMS?

Or is there a parameter like 'ACE's life time' so you will respawn (if enabled) after e.g. 600 seconds of unconsciousness?

I looked in the cupmed_init.sqf but wasn't able to find something like

Yes, you can die, either by bleeding out or by taking a lot of damage at once.

Edited by ProfCupcake

Cupcake please tell me if I'm wrong, but is there no visual indication on whether you are bleeding or not? I noticed all of a sudden it said "Apply Patch" though I had no idea I was bleeding. I didn't see any sort of blood or screen effect on my person.

If not, you should definitely add some sort of feedback to the player to let them know something isn't going well for them.

Cupcake please tell me if I'm wrong, but is there no visual indication on whether you are bleeding or not? I noticed all of a sudden it said "Apply Patch" though I had no idea I was bleeding. I didn't see any sort of blood or screen effect on my person.

If not, you should definitely add some sort of feedback to the player to let them know something isn't going well for them.

Note: "WIP"

Nice mod here ! But i'd like to know how does one test such mods in editor ?

I took a look at your scripts and its supposed to work only with players. In editor i can only manage to add npc units...not players.

Can someone help me please.

Nice mod here ! But i'd like to know how does one test such mods in editor ?

I took a look at your scripts and its supposed to work only with players. In editor i can only manage to add npc units...not players.

Can someone help me please.

If you just want to know the basics of how to use the editor, there are two main ways most people learn. Either 1: mess around with it and play with random buttons trying to work out what they do (that's how I did it! :D) or 2: have a quick search for the

useful tutorials that exist.

Ok, first:

The idea is great and it works better then BTC for me.

Problems:

If you run and getting shot in the body. You fall down und circeling on the ground. If the medic revive you, you get up and run again. after a few seconds you are able to move again.

if someone hit you, you don't get it. You dont know wether you get hit 10 seconds befor. Maybe a red screen would help you to understand, that you have a big wound,...

Edited by Cigar0

Ok, first:

The idea is great and it works better then BTC for me.

Problems:

If you run and getting shot in the body. You fall down und circeling on the ground. If the medic revive you, you get up and run again. after a few seconds you are able to move again.

if someone hit you, you don't get it. You dont know wether you get hit 10 seconds befor. Maybe a red screen would help you to understand, that you have a big wound,...

The spinning/autorun thing is an unfortunate quirk of disableuserinput, which is used at the moment the player goes unconscious so that they don't ruin the animations by moving (for example). I'm sure there are better ways of doing it, but it takes a lot more code and I don't quite know how to do it yet.

As for not being able to tell you're wounded: I know. I'm (finally) going to (re)start working on it this week. It's probably going to take a while, though, as I'm going to have to learn how to use displays/dialogs/etc., which I currently know absolutely nothing about.

Sounds good. I think that this is probably better, a better solution as BTC but this 2 things are tha mainproblems. ;-) Keep working, looks good for a script :-)

Time for a

GLORIOUS REINCARNATION

of this

COMPLETELY BROKEN AMAZING SYSTEM

which I will

PROBABLY FINISH

this time

MAYBE

UPDATE

Bet ye forgot about me, eh?

- Changed the prefixes of all global variables to meet new standards (from generic "CUP_" to more specific "CUPMED_")

- Added a basic "pain flash" effect upon being hit. Duration of effect relative to damage taken. It's pretty sudden and is a full-screen effect, so I guess there's a seizure warning required there.

- Added a small indicator (currently just a red square in the lower-centre of the screen) which appears every time you take bleeding damage. Duration related to bleed rate. Temporary fix, yada yada.

Note that these changes now require you to add some elements to the description.ext. A description.ext has been provided with the relevant code.

Hey look, my solutions are clunky and terrible!

It's like I never left.

<3

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

It's like Baby's First Displays over here.

UPDATE

- Bleed indicator is now shaped like a drop.

- The pain flash now draws on a random layer between 1000 and 2000. This means multiple pain flashes can be on-screen at once, making it less derpy when taking several rounds in quick succession.

- Added a vignette effect which gives a rough indication of your blood level. It gets pretty strong as you go down, but then you're also really close to death at that point so I guess it makes sense.

- Changed the method for the involuntary weapon firing, and thus re-enabled it. Hopefully it should work now.

- Doubled the base regen rate and the maximum regen rate, as it felt too slow to recover. Also, added a base regen rate parameter so you can tweak it if you're brave enough.

- There are now snarky messages randomly displayed while unconscious. This is mainly to make unconsciousness less boring. I understand that this may seem a bit silly for more serious situations, so feel free to disable them by setting "CUPMED_snarkChance" to 0 in the init.

- If you go unconscious via an overdose, it tells you how long it will be before your regen rate is below the maximum.

- A few tweaks/fixes here and there, most of which I have forgotten and probably aren't worth listing anyway.

Vehicle unconsciousness was meant to be a part of this update, but I had some trouble testing it so it's now the sole feature of the next update.

On the bright side, this means that it will be far more polished in that update than it was going to be in this.

Setting it up is going to be a lot of busywork, so having it as the sole focus means I can get it out of the way slightly quicker than I perhaps would have otherwise.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

MINI-UPDATE

- Changed the pain flash from a full-screen effect to a vignette effect

- Significantly decreased the fade-out time for the pain flash

- Fixed a bug where it would draw the pain flash multiple times per hit (didn't notice it before, as it was overwritten each time)

- Slightly increased damage taken

Is work still going on this cos I love using it and would love to see more stuff added to it.

am also getting recourse title damgevignette not found? any ideas? i was also hoping you add a mission with the thing set-up so i can see where am going wrong

Edited by Falcos