Sign in to follow this  
HJohnson

A2 SCAR Port

Hello,

For the past week or so I have been working on a port of the Scar L from Arma 2. The focus of this mod is to bring the SCAR into Arma 3 so that it complements the current game design. This means there will be 5 variants. CQC, Regular, Marksman, UGL, and LSW. This pack will also come with a separate replacement addon that will enable players to visually replace the MX in game with the SCAR.

Here is the checklist I need to go through before the weapon pack is done. I will post updates and eventually the addon itself once it is ready.

• Establish the different variants and their models
  • Convert the textures and set up the materials correctly
  • Replace any needed assets
  • Create custom hand animations and reload animations
  • Create custom weapon animations in the model config
  • Bugtesting Bugtesting Bugtesting

To save on space, I will be using sounds already found in game. Custom sounds are a good way to make an otherwise small mod a big one.

Here are a couple of preview images and I'll update my progress over time!

Suggestions are welcome

this has been done http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23817 - But that being said your textures are much more realistic than the ones in the other port. Also on the sounds, you could ask JSRS to work with you to make sounds for your weapons because the default arma 3 weapon sounds suck something fierce.

Edited by mumblz

If I'm not mistaken, JSRS overrides the default sounds, so if I were to refer to those, it wouldn't play the default but the JSRS no?

It should but it wouldn't hurt to give him a shout and see what he thinks. Default A2 scar hand anims worked fine for mine, but its always fun to make new ones. Good luck and can't wait to see yours ingame. :D

this has been done http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23817 - But that being said your textures are much more realistic than the ones in the other port. Also on the sounds, you could ask JSRS to work with you to make sounds for your weapons because the default arma 3 weapon sounds suck something fierce.

This release has a lot of issues and is missing everythink from the list you see in this post.

So please HJohnson continue with ur work, iam really looking for a perfect SCAR Pack to use ! :-)

Thanks for your work!

P.S If you need betatester i will help you :)

This release has a lot of issues and is missing everythink from the list you see in this post.

So please HJohnson continue with ur work, iam really looking for a perfect SCAR Pack to use ! :-)

Thanks for your work!

P.S If you need betatester i will help you :)

Wasnt telling him to quit, was just stating that they are there and that his textures are better.

On JSRS he has done custom sounds for other modders, you don't need to run JSRS to use them its a separate file.

Looks nice!

But please don't use default sound! And i think JSRS does not overrides the default (vanilla) sounds on custom weapons! There is a couple mods out there with default sound that JSRS does not override it. And he probably has a scar sound from arma 2 jsrs. Talk to him!

Hello,

For the past week or so I have been working on a port of the Scar L from Arma 2. The focus of this mod is to bring the SCAR into Arma 3 so that it complements the current game design. This means there will be 5 variants. CQC, Regular, Marksman, UGL, and LSW. This pack will also come with a separate replacement addon that will enable players to visually replace the MX in game with the SCAR.

Here is the checklist I need to go through before the weapon pack is done. I will post updates and eventually the addon itself once it is ready.

• Establish the different variants and their models
  • Convert the textures and set up the materials correctly
  • Replace any needed assets
  • Create custom hand animations and reload animations
  • Create custom weapon animations in the model config
  • Bugtesting Bugtesting Bugtesting

To save on space, I will be using sounds already found in game. Custom sounds are a good way to make an otherwise small mod a big one.

Here are a couple of preview images and I'll update my progress over time!

Suggestions are welcome

Heres a suggestion

will you make it compatible with the FHQ attachments / R3F french weapon pack / Massi DEVGRU weapon pack / Scopes and other attachments also possibly a woodland camo and black variant

Edited by Rages123

Heres a suggestion

will you make it compatible with the FHQ attachments / R3F french weapon pack / Massi DEVGRU weapon pack / Scopes and other attachments also possibly a woodland camo and black variant

Use the joint rails project instead. Also, nice to see, got my full support. Only thing I´d wish for were improved animations (proper high grip on the pistolgrip and foregrip/handguards). Aside from that, top job.

Use the joint rails project instead. Also, nice to see, got my full support. Only thing I´d wish for were improved animations (proper high grip on the pistolgrip and foregrip/handguards). Aside from that, top job.

i completely forgot yeah forget what i said if you can use the ASDG Joint rails

Hi, on the screenshots they look great, the textures look better to me than how they'd look on the ArmA2:OA, and that thing about a replacement pack for the uggly MX... ohh man.. that's really pimp!. Do you gonna do/add black versions too?, for replace the black MX on the game; some wear & tear on booth will be very welcome by me, ain't like the "too new" shape of the game's weapons, they don't look like combat weapons in a war to me, just pieces of a weapons exhibition on Paris or Las Vegas. Good luck with the proyect. Let's C ya

Hey, thanks for that amazing job until now, can't wait to have these babies. Anyway, I really think it would be great if you could make a SCAR H too, it's very rare to find 7.62 mm based weapons in the Arma 3 mod community you know.

Merry christmas to you all.

Hey, thanks for that amazing job until now, can't wait to have these babies. Anyway, I really think it would be great if you could make a SCAR H too, it's very rare to find 7.62 mm based weapons in the Arma 3 mod community you know.

Merry christmas to you all.

+1 to that!

@Rages

Personally I've never played with the R3F or Devgru, but it currently is compatible with RH, FHQ, and that MK18 pack.

I'm looking into making a black variant, I need to get the material correct.

Its remarkable really. Arma was not capable of processing graphics that looked all that good, yet they had all of the textures in game to make it look good.

Seems like a waste of dev resources for A2,but it is helping make this easier, especially the Ambient Shadow maps.

FWxxSHZ.png

I really think it would be great if you could make a SCAR H too,

After having tested the 5.56 marksman version, I think that it would be for the best for it to be a SCAR H with higher damage.

@Rages

Personally I've never played with the R3F or Devgru, but it currently is compatible with RH, FHQ, and that MK18 pack.

I'm looking into making a black variant, I need to get the material correct.

Its remarkable really. Arma was not capable of processing graphics that looked all that good, yet they had all of the textures in game to make it look good.

Seems like a waste of dev resources for A2,but it is helping make this easier, especially the Ambient Shadow maps.

After having tested the 5.56 marksman version, I think that it would be for the best for it to be a SCAR H with higher damage.

did you see my second post if you can make it work with this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23243

it should make it work with all of the main scope packs, im not sure how arma modding works(since i only do GTA modding) but it seems like it would make it easier for you this way.

Hey HJ i saw your u tube channel with all your test with the scar animation. Look very cool!

Keep going!

Scar H will be cool too but it can be an update to the first pack with the scar L and all the variants!!

happy xmas!!!

Hi, do you gonna allow (on the addon version not the replacements) to deattach the UGL to drop it, put it on a backpack or swap it for a Vertical Grip or an Angled Grip?; i find weird (and bad) that you can't remove the GL from the MX (aswell on the OPFOR & AAF weapons) to have a lighter weapon, to swap it for a fore grip or just to store it on the backpack; and i think that will be interesting and good. Let's C ya

You'd have a "lighter weapon" sure, but your overall weight is the same.

1 lb is one pound no matter where you carry it.

I am excited to have SCAR L for our ranger unit. I was really hoping someone would come along and produce the SCAR L to the same quality as the RH pack. Looking good!

You'd have a "lighter weapon" sure, but your overall weight is the same.

1 lb is one pound no matter where you carry it.

To speak the truth... once that i depleet the GL ammo i would like to remove it, even drop it; i don't find it as useful and easy to aim as the ArmA2 M203, so i'll preffer to remove it from the AR if this would mean a weapon behaviour change. Remove the GL and place an Angled Grip or a Vertical Grip to have less recoil in Single Shot and better recoil management or control in Burst Fire or Fun Auto is better for me that the extra weight of the GL, as compensator is not that good and substracts some reaction time. In conclusión... do what you want man, it isn't that important but is alot more work; so do want.

5MgoOY6.png

Small update, I had assumed there was a "reloadmagazine2" source or that you are able to define your own animation sources when animating weapons. I was wrong. I did get the GL animation in after running into an issue getting it in game. Now I need to fine tune it so his wrist does not break mid animation.