Sign in to follow this  
bushlurker

Rules Clarification Please! - Are "Terrains" excluded from the contest?

I was thinking the same as above- it's so late in the day to start a Terrain (Especially if it's going to be a good one), unless people have been working on them for at least a year already. :/

What are BI's thoughts on this please..?

Make smaller terrains? Does size alone matter?

Hi .kju :)

Well, you'd still need to create from scratch every single thing from the terrain textures to light fixtures and buildings/foliage/assets etc anyway so I'd reckon it's more or less not the scale that would be the issue here, but the sheer amount of creation needed to count as a new terrain.

That is assuming we're talking full custom terrain and not reusing BIs stuff mate.

Well people have different options - take part with:

1) an already made/released terrain

2) a so far WIP/unreleased terrain

3) a new one using A3 assets

4) a new one using self made assets

The last one is obviously the most challenging and time intensive. Hence its reasonable to scale back with size for it.

I guess one with the size of the OA DLC terrains might be a reasonable target for the average terrain designer for the last option.

I have some questions about partaking in this contest with Singleplayer missions. I've worked on a mission that I'd love to nominate to this great contest, now I'm quite unsure of the exact rules.

If you guys would be so kind as to direct me slightly that'd be greatly appreciated! So my mission is standalone A3, no required mods. No script-snippets, strictly created by myself. Now I do have custom music, and custom intro/outro using video functions in the game, is this still accepted?

And if I were to nominate this to the contest, where would I put it? or am I possibly late? :)

Cheers for any answers!

I have some questions about partaking in this contest with Singleplayer missions. I've worked on a mission that I'd love to nominate to this great contest, now I'm quite unsure of the exact rules.

If you guys would be so kind as to direct me slightly that'd be greatly appreciated! So my mission is standalone A3, no required mods. No script-snippets, strictly created by myself. Now I do have custom music, and custom intro/outro using video functions in the game, is this still accepted?

And if I were to nominate this to the contest, where would I put it? or am I possibly late? :)

Cheers for any answers!

By custom music, what exactly do you mean? Did you make it yourself/ someone made it for you or is it a commercial track?

and here is a qoute from the website:

Method of submission:

The competing entries can be submitted only by using the standard methods of submission defined by the Contest Rules, and only before the deadline specified. The particular methods for each category will be announced before the submission of entries would be allowed, no later than 31st March 2014.

Edited by Maio

Oh it's actually copyrighted music I guess, I believe it can be replaced though for a clean version if that would be the case. Some old songs, probably still got copyrights

Checked another forum thread and it's definitely not allowed, I will remove the custom music in my nomination for Make Arma Not War

Edited by Oksman

Have we had an answer yet on whether terrains are included?

Sign in to follow this