Inspired by: A large field exercise in Czechoslovakia, featuring the CSLA

Source: http://www.itnsource.com/en/shotlist//RTV/1986/09/12/RTV120986005/?v=1

Required Addons

CSLA Mod

download link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13355

Mission download for mission pack v1.4 featuring 5 missions:

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/54282722/file.html

Armaholic Mirror

Armaholic mirror:ttp://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23909"]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23909 thanks to big

Overview:

This mission pack is making use of the CSLA mod, depicting various roles in combined arms warfare as part of a huge Warsaw pact exercise that actually took place in September 1986 in Czechoslovakia.

The following roles are covered in version 1.4:

-Recon soldier (EFS86: Recon)

-Tank commander (EFS86: Strike)

-Hind pilot (EFS86: Hind)

-Paratrooper (EFS86: Paras)

-Crewman on grunt duty (EFS86: Watch)

Known Issues:

-Achieving the "green checkbox" after finshing the mission via activateKey and doneKey commands was not possible for me (have not found out yet how to do it, tried to put tom3kb's suggestion into the description.ext).

-Mission 5 has issues with the end trigger, please make sure to check the relevant readme.

Thanks go out to:

-headup for his basic idea about RWO that really helps in finding good mission ideas

-edgardeth for his Russian base template.

-Kronzky for his UPS, easing mission editing since ArmA1

-tom3kb for his very detailed and helpful feedback

-wiki for helpful suggestions about missions

-WCRffsx for his paratrooper script

Cheers

Mathias

yRGv6bM.jpg

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger
5th mission added, uploaded a comprehensive pack

Thanks for this one. There are not to many user made missions for this great mod. I will test ASAP.

PS. I hope you will make a mission pack or maybe even campaign as you write in your post.

Edited by tom3kb

Nice one Mathias! Did not expect RWO with CSLA. Niiiiice.

Downloading now.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Nice one Mathias! Did not expect RWO with CSLA. Niiiiice.

Downloading now.

Just started playing so i don't have to many feedback about bugs but few suggestions:

1.you could add setidentity for players unit, now we play with ingame nick,

2.in intro 1 of the officers is player so when he "talks" we see our ingame nick.

3. Links for Kozlowka/Drozino in briefing, in tasks don't work. There are no markers on map or something is not working in scripts,

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

4.You can use activatekey/donekeys commands in description and in end mission trigger, with this when you finish mission you have green "box" in SP missions menu,

5.you can add savegame for each trigger when task is complited, not all play with unlimited savegame,

6.we can call extraction chopper from mission start by radio, i think we should have this option when we finish all primary objectives,

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Just finished this mission, no gamebreaking bugs but:

-heli dont land on LZ, i give my team order to get in and then he land but if i would be alone mission would not end,

-i would add some optional task (we can finish them or not), in first village we have to destroy SCUD so why not to blow some ammo crates or that AA vehicle, in 2nd village we must find HQ, we fight so why we could not destroy

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

that antena in HQ.

I think you can add also few small patrols on roads here and there (on foot or in vehicles).

Ok, I think thats all. Nice mission for one of my favorite mods. Cant wait for your next missions for CSLA mod.

Cheers

Tom :)

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

that antena in HQ.

I think you can add also few small patrols on roads here and there (on foot or in vehicles).

Ok, I think thats all. Nice mission for one of my favorite mods. Cant wait for your next missions for CSLA mod.

Cheers

Tom :)

Hey Tom,

thank you for your valuable suggestions - these are good points and I will try to add them once I find time. Need to check out your CSLA mission pack too...

Cheers

Mathias

One more thing, when in mission we look on our map we see on Krasnostaw airfield few markers with text: hospital, messah, ammo etc. Are they needed for something? We dont do anything on Krasno.

After i call heli for extraction i was waiting few minutes for him and was thinking "maybe he is destroyed" etc.

In my missions sometimes (when heli must fly long time to LZ) i give info in radio messages,

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

like this:

"Alpha here is Bravo we are 5 klicks from LZ." later

"Alpha here is Bravo we are 2 km from LZ." Or info that extraction heli should be in LZ in 5min. With this players know that all is ok with heli.

I played few missions where heli was destroyed (no info for player about this) and i was waiting 10 or more minutes for nothing ;)

[/color]like this:

"Alpha here is Bravo we are 5 klicks from LZ." later

"Alpha here is Bravo we are 2 km from LZ." Or info that extraction heli should be in LZ in 5min. With this players know that all is ok with heli.

I played few missions where heli was destroyed (no info for player about this) and i was waiting 10 or more minutes for nothing ;)

That's good advice, tom3kb.

How do you measure the time from the trigger to the LZ?

For example In LZ i put invisible airfield with name Evac, chopper has name Heli and i also have a friendly unit somewhere in save place on map, with name Pil1. I put few triggers on map and write:

in condition:

heli distance evac<5000

in on act:

pil1 sidechat "Here is Bravo we are 5 clicks from LZ.". I do this few times, i only change distance<xxx and i change distance in radio message.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

If you like to use time in radio messages just check one time how long heli fly's from airfield to LZ. Put triggers in 1/4 way, 1/2 distance from airfield to LZ.

In triggers you can put the same stuff:

in condition for half distance:

heli distance evac<2500

on act:

pil1 sidechat "Here is bravo we are 2min from LZ"

You know how long heli fly to LZ,its easy to put info for 1/2 distance=1/2 time etc.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Probably you can do this better but i use this method.

Hi Mathias,

I don't know if I should do first task first or last.

Seems I need to us a HIT and RUN tactic and not be concerned to kill everybody in the camp.

If I hang around too long, about 5 more tanks come in out of no where. I've got to take out that first tank, then manage to get the missile launcher, but it takes time. There are a shit load of enemy. How should I approach the first task? Better to go for the town nearer to the LZ first?

Hey KommieKat, the first task is intended to be done first because the second one triggers the helo to land at the LZ. Please remember that your briefing tells you to find the enemy HQ and then your superiors radio you to go and kill the officers of the HQ.

The first task can be handled in 2 basic ways: Either equip part of your squad with missile launchers and take out the nuclear launcher yourself while ordering them to kill the M163 AA tank. Or grab a satchel, rig the tank, kill the Scud launcher first with an AT rocket, blow the charge and then use your feet to avoid heavy losses on your team.

The tanks are just there to represent some road traffic and by chance they pass your second objective pretty much at the same time than you will - which is actually a good thing to me because then you have to exercise caution and sneak around the tanks.

Actually the "Execution" section of your briefing tells you to not engage until ordered by your superiors... do you think the mission needs more in-game hints to make that point clearer?

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger

Hi Mathias, let me try that out again and I'll get back to you on that.

Thanks for the reply!

First post updated, I just added the second mission to my pack (campaign) which features a CSLA tank onslaught into enemy territory. Please test and give feedback.

Pilot mission:

I would suggest something like in my campaigns or SP missions packs:

-rail shooting mission as gunner

-Hind pilot with transport, support and CAS objectives.

Paratrooper:

-paras HALO jump behind enemy lines to destroy assets - like AAA (more SF type)

-paras jump near a village to reinforce a squad and hold the ground

-paras jump near a village to take it before reinforcements arrive

With a big thank you to wiki for steering my thoughts away from a jet-based next mission, I am able to present you a 3-mission pack, featuring a mission that has the player fly and fight in a Hind helo. Please check it out in the updated first post and provide feedback.

Cheers

Mathias

Np mate, always glad to help.

Havent tested these missions yet, but will asap.

I saw in readme that you haw problems with "greenbox" when mission is finished. If mission has name mission1.pbo in description you write:

Donekeys [] = {mission1};

And in endtrigger you write:

Activatekey "mission1"

You can also check any of my missions as example.

Thx for new mission,

Ps. I finished Hind and Tank mission, no gamebraking bugs. Missions ends without problem.

In Hind mission i had 1 error message. Something about 15radiomsg not found, or something like that.

Suggestions: i would add setidentity for both missions, in Hind mission i would add a message when rescued pilot is onboard of our heli. Something like"Ok pilot is save, we can RTB" or something like that

First post updated with a pack featuring the final (5th) mission, tom3kb's keen eyes have helped my nail down a missing radio message on the Hind mission which has been corrected as well.